2024 Transfer Portal

8 hours ago, SawatchHoosier said:

With Sparks leaving I'm assuming that Woodson is now going to focus on playing a more modern style of basketball ...

Love your optimism. But I think you'll be sorely disappointed. Woodson is to stubborn to change. After all, we're not true fans that act like lemmings for him.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SawatchHoosier said:

With Sparks leaving I'm assuming that Woodson is now going to focus on playing a more modern style of basketball and Sparks wasn't in the plans for that. The issue is now we have no backup for Malik which I feel Sparks would have done well at. 

Our interior defense is pretty soft right now, too. Even if Malik manages to figure out how to not foul out every other game, he’s not a shot blocker or intimidating in any way on the defensive end, and he’s likely to be the 5.

We were giving up 3s left and right with a guy like Ware patrolling the paint, imagine what it’s going to be like if teams can drive the lane at will. I know people are frustrated with the offensive end, but we also took a significant step backwards on the defensive end this year, too. If the plan next year is Malik at the 5 and Mgbako at the 4 … on the defensive end, that’s not going to be pretty. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Agree with all that, but he needs to focus on shooting, and become a legitimate 3pt threat. That’s what we need….forget about taking the ball to the hoop. 

I agree completely his next evolution needs to be shooting more and recognizing he is a scoring option and be comfortable and frankly excited about it.

• Thanks 1

There are enough good players in the portal for IU to be a good team next year. It’s going to come down to 2 things. 

1. Can they land the talent they need. 
2. does the newly acquired talent actually fit into a cohesive team that can win. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Feathery said:

There are enough good players in the portal for IU to be a good team next year. It’s going to come down to 2 things. 

1. Can they land the talent they need. 
2. does the newly acquired talent actually fit into a cohesive team that can win. 

Number two is the key to me

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

Number two is the key to me

Number one has to occur first, which I’m becoming skeptical of happening. Yes, he did get ware and Mgbako, though Mgbako came to him, but struck out pretty much after that. Getting so many new players to mesh is going to be an issue if he can bring in some talent.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, WRSMick55 said:

Number one has to occur first, which I’m becoming skeptical of happening. Yes, he did get ware and Mgbako, though Mgbako came to him, but struck out pretty much after that. Getting so many new players to mesh is going to be an issue if he can bring in some talent.

want to comment on the odds of it meshing, but will jump back over to the Fire Mike Woodson thread...