We need an Indiana football board. Not a general football board.

I think he means a third section under IU football- actually for IU football. Currently there is General football and IU recruiting. I would like to see separate topics for IU football and Big Ten Football. Make the IU football topic Football with the General, IU, Big Ten, and Recruiting topics within.

I think its a good idea. You can't tell if there is any new IU news from the home page when the latest reply is always to the NFL thread. Now that we are a football school, our football section needs upgrading!

@HoosierFaithful or other Mods- How doable is this?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SpiderMonkey said:

Isn't the basketball section set up just like the football one with just one more are for game threads?  Not saying to not change it, but the basketball board is way more active and is set up the same and it seems to be working fine. 

It is. The NFL talk just seems to dominate the IU football topic. Currently at 726 pages. When I look at the home page, its nice to see where there might be a new post and anything non NFL just gets buried.

Edited by Reacher

23 minutes ago, Reacher said:

It is. The NFL talk just seems to dominate the IU football topic. Currently at 726 pages. When I look at the home page, its nice to see where there might be a new post and anything non NFL just gets buried.

Start a thread about spring practice, news and updates, scour Twitter like btownqb does for his baseball news and keeps us all updated on IU football news.  I'd read it and engage.  Last time anyone mentioned IU football related was feb 17th.  Let's go.  Be the change you want to inspire.  We are IU, a football school.  

4 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Nothing is buried, just no one is talking.   

That is kind of my point. I can't tell when someone is talking from the home page. I have to click further to look at the topics on the football thread. Not the end of the world. 

16 minutes ago, Reacher said:

That is kind of my point. I can't tell when someone is talking from the home page. I have to click further to look at the topics on the football thread. Not the end of the world. 

Have you ever started a thread?  Just do it and then Google iu football twitter and copy and paste some news.  Like spring ball now less than 2 weeks away.  Things are picking up.  It's not buried if there has literally been no one posting content.  Post away.   If you post it, we will read and get involved.  God knows we need a break from Woodson screwing the pooch discussion.   

Hard to care about IU football until they do something worth caring about. I’ll be interested in seeing how the new coach gets them to perform but I’ve heard lots of promises and platitudes before from football and new basketball coaches alike at IU. I’m going to have to see some evidence first before I get worked up about IU football.

49 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Hard to care about IU football until they do something worth caring about. I’ll be interested in seeing how the new coach gets them to perform but I’ve heard lots of promises and platitudes before from football and new basketball coaches alike at IU. I’m going to have to see some evidence first before I get worked up about IU football.

Totally fair and you can’t expect miracles in one year.  But I think he can get us to a bowl despite conference expansion if we don’t have catastrophic injuries. I’m expecting smart, sound football where we don’t beat ourselves.  Then we go from there.  It’d be nice if the boosters cranked it up on football instead of overpaying some of the basketball players for just being there and not producing. 

• Like 2

On 3/11/2024 at 8:33 PM, Reacher said:

I get what you are saying.

I’d say we are incredibly lucky that football has its own category and not just in the all other sports forum….i mean we are the worst program in D1…most losses in history…not much worth discussing…we all hope it changes but no one should be holding their breath. Most likely outcome….

image.gif.2edb8501cf05a8e3ce83cdc3e5de8242.gif