2024/2025 portal/late decommits IU is interested in

52 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

It was bad info. He’s taking the visit and hopes to make an announcement mid week. The IU visit went really well.

Translation: He wants to see the salary offered by UofC. The portal is the same thing as Job interviews. 

9 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

If we got Conwell and Carlyle would Carlyle be ok not starting? 

I don't know. I don't make those decisions. I will say that although he played well we really don't know how Conwell would do playing in a major conference for an entire season. I believe he would translate just fine but nobody has seen it yet. 

Just now, DC2345 said:

I don't know. I don't make those decisions. I will say that although he played well we really don't know how Conwell would do playing in a major conference for an entire season. I believe he would translate just fine but nobody has seen it yet. 

my biggest concern with conwell here - how will he translate to a major conference for an entire season.

3 minutes ago, jay edwards brother said:

Start Rice, Carlyle, Conwell, Mgbacko, and Ballo. Bring Malik, Tucker, Gallo, Hickman, and Malone off the bench.

That is some offensive firepower.

Too many mouths to feed and no way MR is off the bench lol

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

my biggest concern with conwell here - how will he translate to a major conference for an entire season.

I don't think Conwell should be a concern at all, if you add Rice, Carlyle, and Hickman. 

Just now, DC2345 said:

There seems to be some smoke around Payne right now too which is kind of odd to me.

I wouldn't wait on Ballo, when you have Payne that JUST took a visit. For one-- Payne has two years of eligibility left and will be a lot cheaper. 

Just now, DC2345 said:

Carlyle is what people in football recruiting love to call a silent commit. 

I 100% believe that-- based on everything we've heard and SEEN. The kid and Rice have been posting stuff for a bit. 

Take your visit-- check the other boxes and let's roll. 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I wouldn't wait on Ballo, when you have Payne that JUST took a visit. For one-- Payne has two years of eligibility left and will be a lot cheaper. 

I'd put Ballo at 90% chance of committing to IU at this point. His agent is telling people he's done but Ballo is saying he's not. Some think his agent is playing this to see if anyone ups their offer but I don't think that's going to happen. 

2 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I'd put Ballo at 90% chance of committing to IU at this point. His agent is telling people he's done but Ballo is saying he's not. Some think his agent is playing this to see if anyone ups their offer but I don't think that's going to happen. 

"Ballo is saying he's not" --- meaning he wants to take other visits? 

Just now, btownqb said:

"Ballo is saying he's not" --- meaning he wants to take other visits? 

I don't think he's said that either. I believe it's all being driven by the agent to see if any new offers come in while he's on the IU visit. 

• Like 1

I'm surprised at how many people have Carlyle penciled into the starting line up. This is not to say that i don't think he's a good player or I don't want him. I do. He has 3 years of eligibility. 

BUT knowing who is coaching this team, unless Carlyle lights the world on fire (on both end of the court), I just don't think there is any way he's starting over Gallo.

Guys, this is Woody. The man who values defense and veterans on the floor. The only exception to this rule was Mgbako and that's because the guys behind him on the depth chart were equally as bad at defense. 

I also think Gallo is very underestimated by some. He was asked to do WAY too much last year. Sandwich him in between Rice and a sophomore Mgbako and he's going to thrive. 

Our 1-3 is not going to be a below average defender in Mgbako and 2 brand new guards who have zero games of experience in this defensive system. I'll eat crow if I'm wrong, but I won't be wrong on this one. 😄

• Like 3

Just now, tdhoosier said:

I'm surprised at how many people have Carlyle penciled into the starting line up. This is not to say that i don't think he's a good player or I don't want him. I do. He has 3 years of eligibility. 

BUT knowing who is coaching this team, unless Carlyle lights the world on fire (on both end of the court), I just don't think there is any way he's starting over Gallo.

Guys, this is Woody. The man who values defense and veterans on the floor. The only exception to this rule was Mgbako and that's because the guys behind him on the depth chart were equally as bad at defense. 

I also think Gallo is very underestimated by some. He was asked to do WAY too much last year. Sandwich him in between Rice and a sophomore Mgbako and he's going to thrive. 

Our 1-3 is not going to be a below average defender in Mgbako and 2 brand new guards who have zero games of experience in this defensive system. I'll eat crow if I'm wrong, but I won't be wrong on this one. 😄

Carlyle has star potential and Galloway doesn't.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

There seems to be some smoke around Payne right now too which is kind of odd to me.

Interesting development because he’d obviously come off the bench if (hopefully) Ballo commits