2024/2025 portal/late decommits IU is interested in

10 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Seems like the initial post wasn't really that all those guys were better, more like they were "replaced" by? 

I get that.  Was only saying that Mgbako was already on the team and his deciding to return likely had nothing to do with Liam not coming.

Rest of my post was just my opinion on the replacements.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Elijah Malone next? 2 bigs in a row?

Probably a sure thing we will be going after a backup big.  It's a gamble on how he does against better competition but may be the best option we can get for those backup minutes.

Edited by iuswingman
  • Like 5

16 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'm happy when IU gets their guy.  And, I'll always be a Hoosier fan.  But, man I'll take a team like Indiana State had this year every time over one that was constructed in the mold of George Steinbrenner's Yankees (youngsters can google him).

If a genie were to grant me my college basketball wish, I would put the game back like it was before free agency.

Oh, and you guys can get off my lawn!

INST would have been awful without Conwell and Swope, though. 

2 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

If Woodson and Co. fill the rest of the scholarships, that means four more names. Assuming Carlyle is a silent lock, who are the other three??

One more big and two wings?

I think it depends…. Could gallo play the three? Or is gallo strictly a 2? Can Tucker play the two and the three. Will MM play the 4 when MR isn’t in or when MR switches to the 5? Personally you need p1 backup big and two shooters no matter their size. Personally I want the kid from Evansville as a backup big and two more additional shooters. It also depends how much money donors are willing to pay.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OGIUAndy said:

I hope we get a guard before then, just so we don't have to read post after post of "we need shooters" or complaints about the double post etc. 

ok....we need shooters!! i hope we dont play Ballo and MR together with no shooters. got it in before hand. :coffee:🤣

• Haha 2