2024/2025 portal/late decommits IU is interested in

1 hour ago, ledies22 said:

Whatever this means.

2A4787B7-0B3D-454C-9150-18374FB2B722.jpeg

Not sure how much I believe On3's predictions but they have Kanaan Carlyle as 95% chance of going to Indiana. If him an Rice are package then I supposed we have a great chance at both. 

Both are from Georgia but I can't find any information about them playing together in High School.

They will be Sophomores next year with the ability to develop. Neither have good 3 point shooting or good assist to turnover ratios. With that said they both finish well at the rim. Rice seems like JHS lite and has an excellent mid range jumper. Carlyle is more physical, has a decent 3 point shot and has a 54% EFG with catch and shoot. Carlyle also produced on arguably the 2nd or 3rd worst worst Pac 12 team.  

Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 8.20.08 PM.png

Carlyle

Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 8.41.22 PM.png

Rice

Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 8.42.02 PM.png

Edited by SawatchHoosier
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

Rice posted that earlier today. It’s him and Carlyle. It’s not a coincidence. 

I feel like everyone is excited about Carlyle and rice. Why is everyone excited? I look at it as two more guys who are mid range players which is also tuckers strength. We obviously can still get a shooter or two but seems like if we get them EVERY GUARD we have just drives the ball. 

2 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I feel like everyone is excited about Carlyle and rice. Why is everyone excited? I look at it as two more guys who are mid range players which is also tuckers strength. We obviously can still get a shooter or two but seems like if we get them EVERY GUARD we have just drives the ball. 

Well Rice profiles to be JHS if not better. Both guys are young and will likely improve 3 pt shot. IU needs guys that can score not just shoot. IU wasn’t great at finishing easy baskets or creating their own shots last year. 

Edited by DC2345
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Not sure how much I believe On3's predictions but they have Kanaan Carlyle as 95% chance of going to Indiana. If him an Rice are package then I supposed we have a great chance at both. 

Both are from Georgia but I can't find any information about them playing together in High School.

They will be Sophomores next year with the ability to develop. Neither have good 3 point shooting or good assist to turnover ratios. With that said they both finish well at the rim. Rice seems like JHS lite and has an excellent mid range jumper. Carlyle is more physical, has a decent 3 point shot and has a 54% EFG with catch and shoot. Carlyle also produced on arguably the 2nd or 3rd worst worst Pac 12 team.  

Carlyle

Rice

If that’s the stupid social media based predictor then I wouldn’t believe it at all but IU is in a good spot. 

• Like 1

Hypothetically 

1. Rice, Galloway, Cupps

2. Carlyle, Hickman, Newton

3. Mgbako, Tucker, Leal

4. Reneau,  

5. Transfer 

that plus another backup 4/5 would be a much more talented roster than IU had this year 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Carlyle

Rice

KC played at OTE Elite from Alpharetta. 

Rice is from Tyrone, southern outskirts of ATL and played there. 

These two clearly know each other. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gnet550 said:

That would make the guard situation a whole lot better…

Yeah. It would rectify it. 

Carlyle, Rice, and Tucker is a start to the off-season that I flat out didn't think CMW and staff had in them.  

We'd still have 4 more at that point? 

6 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Well Rice profiles to be JHS if not better. Both guys are young and will likely improve 3 pt shot. IU needs guys that can score not just shoot. IU wasn’t great at finishing easy baskets or creating their own shots last year. 

JHS could create his own shot and get by the first defender.  Agree that Rice can be viewed very similar to JHS.  If we can get both that will be a big win

• Like 1

I’ve not seen either play, but based off the clips it seems like KC and Rice are very similar players who need to create their own shot. It’s surprising they want to play together (if true). 

I know they both have a lot of room to improve on their outside shot, but they both look very unbalanced - especially KC. Does ATL teach kids to fall backward on their jump shots? And forgive me for being jaded, but has this staff improved anybody’s shot to any significant degree? 

My amateur evaluation is premature (How about that for confidence? Lol). Both look like fine gets individually, but as a pair? I may need some convincing. 

This is an obscure reference but Carlyle and Rice together reminds me of those Kansas backcourts with Frank Mason and Devonte Graham.  Quick and dynamic, downhill.  Pressure the ball on D.  They were very tough to deal with as a tandem.  

Do not get me wrong, we need shooters and get off the old offense. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

This is an obscure reference but Carlyle and Rice together reminds me of those Kansas backcourts with Frank Mason and Devonte Graham.  Quick and dynamic, downhill.  Pressure the ball on D.  They were very tough to deal with as a tandem.  

Do not get me wrong, we need shooters and get off the old offense. 

Getting those two is ..... like a great step towards, whatever offense it is that people think they want. These kids play fast. But dynamic is the first word I think of when describing those two. 

The KU pair you mentioned shot on the old 3pt line, so it's hard to draw a comparison, but the games are all similar. 

FFS-- Carlyle is the 8th rated player in the portal, Rice is 12th. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I assume Myles Rice? Then next target is Carlyle? I still personally would wait a couple days on Conwell even though he was really bad last night.

Guess what Conwell shot from 3 as a FR? 

I mean if Conwell wants to come here, he should get in the portal and get a visit lined up. These two won't be here for two more weeks, but I am really hoping Ya's tweet means something. 

• Like 1