March Madness 2024

2 minutes ago, IUDan93 said:

Purdue deserves a National Championship. They have been a good to very good program for the last 40+ years. I also think that if they win a Natty, that will take our rivalry up a notch. 

No it won’t. IU isn’t coming back. They don’t take it serious and you can see that with their hires.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Purdue is going to screw around and win a natty, aren’t they?

They definitely screwed around but that was an awful team they played.  I had watched 4 NCST games before their conference tournament…and this is the team I saw. I knew they would have nothing for Purdue.

8 minutes ago, dgambill said:

No it won’t. IU isn’t coming back. They don’t take it serious and you can see that with their hires.

I'm torn between them not coming back because of incompetence or because they don't want too.  

Edited by Sea Turtle

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Purdue is going to screw around and win a natty, aren’t they?

Not with the defense they played today. Their guards got cut up by DJ Horn until it was obvious NC State was gassed. UConn/Alabama have multiple guards ready to hit those shots. 

1 minute ago, bluegrassIU said:

That was about as poorly as I have seen Purdue play all year. And it never really felt like they were in any danger at all.

It was like a B1G game…like playing Penn St or something. Played right into their hands.

10 minutes ago, IUDan93 said:

Purdue deserves a National Championship. They have been a good to very good program for the last 40+ years. I also think that if they win a Natty, that will take our rivalry up a notch. 

I'm not rooting for them and I think UConn will win.  That said, I'm not going to become suicidal if they win. I have close family and friends that are Purdue fans.  My kids went to school with TKR.  I've known TKR's grandparents for over 40 years.  Sometimes people around you being happy is more important than a basketball rivalry. 

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

If I’m UCONN I’m laughing 🤣 

Thinking of the Butler final 

Butler didn’t have a the 2x National player of the year…surrounded by 36%+ 3pt shooters. Purdue plays like today they get blown out…but they play a really good game and they can win. UConn could just as easily lay an egg and miss everything like NCST did.

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'm not rooting for them and I think UConn will win.  That said, I'm not going to become suicidal if they win. I have close family and friends that are Purdue fans.  My kids went to school with TKR.  I've known TKR's grandparents for over 40 years.  Sometimes people around you being happy is more important than a basketball rivalry. 

Actually, I’d like to see them win…I just don’t think they will.  I’ll always root for an Indiana/B10 team over the rest of country, so good luck Purdue.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Congrats to Matt Painter and the Purdue faithful…they’ve endured a lot and put in the work to get here. They run a respectable program and represent Indiana basketball the right way. 

Yep. They do it the right way. They represent everything Indiana used to be.