2024 Wing Diamant Blazi

5 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

There's a haphazard-ness to Blazi's game that reminds me a bit of Troy Williams. Just that desire to fly all around the court and then bang on someone.

And I don't see that as a negative. Sure, he's rough around the edges. And maybe given the lack of certainty of more established players on the roster at this point in time, including him isn't the best decision, but I do think having someone capable of creating havoc is a nice element for a team to have. If nothing else, it provides a level of entertainment, which is the reason we all watch.

i was going to say Justin Smith, but i like your comparison.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MoyeCowbell said:

There's a haphazard-ness to Blazi's game that reminds me a bit of Troy Williams. Just that desire to fly all around the court and then bang on someone.

And I don't see that as a negative. Sure, he's rough around the edges. And maybe given the lack of certainty of more established players on the roster at this point in time, including him isn't the best decision, but I do think having someone capable of creating havoc is a nice element for a team to have. If nothing else, it provides a level of entertainment, which is the reason we all watch.

TW was what I thought of, as well... TW was WAY MORE REFINED than this kid, at this age, IMO---- but Blazi is 1-2 inches taller, but TW's wingspan, somehow was only 6'8. This kids is 7'2. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Imo which counts for nothing….kid is super raw and would need a ton of good coaching….big project and kids like this don’t seem to stick around for that these days.

Good. That's why you vet! 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, btownqb said:

TW was what I thought of, as well... TW was more refined than this kid, at this age, IMO---- but Blazi is 1-2 inches taller, but TW's wingspan, somehow was only 6'8. This kids is 7'2. 

Troy played at Oak Hill and was almost a mcdonalds all american. This kid has nowhere near the talent troy had. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Troy played at Oak Hill and was almost a mcdonalds all american. This kid has nowhere near the talent troy had. 

We're not saying the talent is equal in any way, but rather there are elements of their games that appear similar. That's it.

• Like 3

On 3/27/2024 at 10:31 AM, btownqb said:

TW was what I thought of, as well... TW was WAY MORE REFINED than this kid, at this age, IMO---- but Blazi is 1-2 inches taller, but TW's wingspan, somehow was only 6'8. This kids is 7'2. 

Was able to read part of this post without my reading glasses.  Increasing my carrot intake must be working.  :coffee:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Apparently not so fast on this one.

(fine by me) 

Not everyone is going to play big minutes. Not sure why taking a flyer on a guy with 7'2 wingspan and 42 inch vertical would be a bad idea especially in the portal era. 

• Like 4

What stood out for me was the BPG and RPG numbers. Averaging: 13.8 PPG 8.9 RPG 4.2 BPG 52% FG 35% 3PT
Rebounding especially is more about effort to find position than athleticism. Correct me if I’m wrong but Troy Williams, Justin Smith and Jordan Geronimo could only wish to have had those rebounding, blocks numbers.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

What stood out for me was the BPG and RPG numbers. Averaging: 13.8 PPG 8.9 RPG 4.2 BPG 52% FG 35% 3PT
Rebounding especially is more about effort to find position than athleticism. Correct me if I’m wrong but Troy Williams, Justin Smith and Jordan Geronimo could only wish to have had those rebounding, blocks numbers.

It's really difficult to look at stats without knowing level of competition. Just checked and Jake Forrester averaged 12 and 9 his senior year in HS. Until these guys see the court against B1G competition, you don't really know. From Forrester's announcement:

And Forrester, who Berger said is 6-9 and pushing 6-10, is a versatile, rebound-minded forward with a nose for the glass at both ends and the ability to step behind the arc when the situation calls for it.

“He’s got a combination of great feet and great hands that is really rare for a kid who is almost 6-10,” Berger said. “He plays really hard, he runs the floor extremely well, he rebounds really well, he catches lobs really well and he makes 3s really well.”