Just now, btownqb said:

Hope the product for fans improves 

No doubt.  Even more frustrating is you see good product all of the time on coaches and players, but not for sale to the general public.  Also, for the love of god, can we get some soccer gear.  How do we have Adidas, one of the preminent futbol apparel companies in the world, as the sponsor for one of the best college soccer programs in the country, but little to no gear?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, IUALUM03 said:

No doubt.  Even more frustrating is you see good product all of the time on coaches and players, but not for sale to the general public.  Also, for the love of god, can we get some soccer gear.  How do we have Adidas, one of the preminent futbol apparel companies in the world, as the sponsor for one of the best college soccer programs in the country, but little to no gear?

Removing bias, it would be hard to argue that they arent the best.... by a considerable margin 

5 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

Removing bias, it would be hard to argue that they arent the best.... by a considerable margin 

Remember being in the hospital out in Southern California. Had two hispanic roommates and sports came up in conversation. When I mentioned Indiana one guy immediately said he loved IU! Pretty sure it wasn’t because of basketball!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

Remember being in the hospital out in Southern California. Had two hispanic roommates and sports came up in conversation. When I mentioned Indiana one guy immediately said he loved IU! Pretty sure it wasn’t because of basketball!

Everywhere in the world i went IU soccer was big so Id say your prolly right...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, IUAlumn09 said:

And what exactly are you wondering?

"he also explained that in the NIL world, apparel deals aren't going to be structured as they have been in the past."

Less money for schools and more for athletes? More money for schools to bring athletes in? More for schools and more for athletes to create an Adidas athlete. is it years? are there certain performance marks to hit? are their incentives? are there built in termination clauses? It can mean anything to broadly state the contract structure is different now because of NIL.

IDK. i doubt it's anything too crazy, but it's not nothing considering it was important enough to mention.

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, Courtsense2 said:

Def agree that the gear needs to improve.  I hope that was a part of the negotiations.

IU is one of Adidas' crown marqueee brands and I suspect they paid handsomely.

basketball and soccer absolutely. football brand seems to be building.

5 hours ago, IUALUM03 said:

I emailed IU about this a decade ago - asked to buy an IU soccer jersey or anything.  Was told "nope."  Asinine.

• Like 1

I’m constantly looking for IU gear to buy and the offerings are pathetic.  I can’t be the only one itching to literally spend money and it’s a big fail.  Compare it to, say, Michigan gear and we need Adidas to improve it.  I live in Chicago and see basically gear of the entire conference continually and we need an upgrade. 

I 100% agree that making the coaches gear available would be a hell of a start.  

1 hour ago, HoosierFaithful said:

I emailed IU about this a decade ago - asked to buy an IU soccer jersey or anything.  Was told "nope."  Asinine.

One would think some of the NIL deals would be more than shoes. I remember Tamar had his own clothing line but it wasn’t Adidas.