Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I’m not a Peegs member but they just tweeted something about visits and a new timeline.  Not sure what it says because it’s for members only.

Here's what I know. And got clearance to pass along.... just minutes, ago !

An unofficial to IU is still on the drawing boards.

And an announcement MAY be delayed, past the McDonald's game. 

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

Here's what I know. And got clearance to pass along.... just minutes, ago !

An unofficial to IU is still on the drawing boards.

And an announcement MAY be delayed, past the McDonald's game. 

Without disclosing info/sources....is this because of pending allegations vs certain schools? Or just plain tough decision? 

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Without disclosing info/sources....is this because of pending allegations vs certain schools? Or just plain tough decision? 

Neither. It all depends upon how far NA goes in the state tournament.  They go all the way... it ends March 24.  Not enough time to get an extra visit to IU, before the McDonalds. game on the 28th.... to have a family sit down.

24 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I’m not a Peegs member but they just tweeted something about visits and a new timeline.  Not sure what it says because it’s for members only.

Essentially it sounds like he wants to visit IU once more.  That is iffy though depending on his team's schedule.  If still undecided he could delay his McDonald's game announcement. 

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Neither. It all depends upon how far NA goes in the state tournament.  They go all the way... it ends March 24.  Not enough time to get an extra visit to IU, before the McDonalds. game on the 28th.... to have a family sit down.

Thanks. To me this doesn't sound good. Just my little opinion. And what I mean is they won't have enough time to get to Bloomington again and will say they feel more comfortable elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Thanks. To me this doesn't sound good. Just my little opinion. And what I mean is they won't have enough time to get to Bloomington again and will say they feel more comfortable elsewhere.

I think you read that completely backwards. Talking a delayed decision.  I don't think that's a bad thing for IU.

Read into however you wish.  I am just glad I was given clearance to pass along info to you guys.  There are people out there that know their stuff... and really, really like what happens on HSN 3.0.  Bought all I can say about that right now.  Keep in mind, in this case, I am far from a source.  Just a messenger. 

Understand. But delayed means what? Delayed because he can't get to Bloomington for another visit? Delayed because that implies what?

Looking through my rose colored glasses, delayed gives him an opportunity to maybe make a last visit to IU before a decision is made.

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Understand. But delayed means what? Delayed because he can't get to Bloomington for another visit? Delayed because that implies what?

Delayed..... ONLY if NA makes it all the way.  State championship game on March 24.... with McDonald's on March 28....with travel time and practice.... just leave no available time for an unofficial to IU. 

Just now, milehiiu said:

Delayed..... ONLY if NA makes it all the way.  State championship game on March 24.... with McDonald's on March 28....with travel time and practice.... just leave no available time for an unofficial to IU. 

Yep, Athletes have to report to Atlanta on March 25 for all the pregame festivities, interviews, practices.

Just now, bstall76 said:

The only reason they would delay the McDonald's announcement is if they can not make a visit to IU before he has to leave for Atlanta on March 25.  This is a good development, the family wants to hear from IU again on why he should go there.

Thanks. Just want to put the pieces together. Just curious though. If they want one more visit. What else could we possibly say or show? The timeline fits the narrative of us hoping he comes...but is that last visit to seal the deal or to say in person to coach we like you...we really do but headed elsewhere. Just asking. 

Thanks. Just want to put the pieces together. Just curious though. If they want one more visit. What else could we possibly say or show? The timeline fits the narrative of us hoping he comes...but is that last visit to seal the deal or to say in person to coach we like you...we really do but headed elsewhere. Just asking. 

I highly doubt the latter.  The Langfords aren't like the Garlands and pull a stunt like that just to falsely get our hopes up.  If he visits again he's ours IMO.

I'm personally not aware of any player that visited a school for the sole reason of turning them down.  Not saying it's never happened but that would strike me as very unusual.

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

Personally I don’t see how anyone can say this is anything but positive for IU.  He wants to visit and learn about the academic side.  Very good development.

Sounds good to me. Just putting the tells and story together. It all fits but wanted to make sure I understand the why. Thanks guys!

Archived