Romeo Langford

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Read into however you wish.  I am just glad I was given clearance to pass along info to you guys.  There are people out there that know their stuff... and really, really like what happens on HSN 3.0.  Bought all I can say about that right now.  Keep in mind, in this case, I am far from a source.  Just a messenger. 

Mile, I think most people on the board understand that you and others on the board are just messengers, and most level headed people don’t hold anything against you or others for bringing info to the board.  All of you just pass along what you’re hearing at the time, and recruiting/college basketball is a very fluid process that takes many twists and turns.  Whether it’s positive or negative, I and many others on the board appreciate what you guys bring to the table.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol at dmb ‘turning face’ (if I can use a wrestling term). 

I bring this up because I think I was the only poster who voted that we’d miss out on both garland + romeo after like 50 votes at the time when that poll was up but now I’m relatively optimistic....and that has to be a major sign in a good way for two pessimists to turn optimistic. 

Neither. It all depends upon how far NA goes in the state tournament.  They go all the way... it ends March 24.  Not enough time to get an extra visit to IU, before the McDonalds. game on the 28th.... to have a family sit down.

I don’t see how this can be taken any other way besides positive, imo.  I take it as they want to visit IU again so badly, that if they can’t make it in time before the McD’s game due to scheduling conflicts, they will delay any decision because they want to get to IU again.  I’ve never heard of a recruit sitting down face to face to tell a coach he’s not coming, and I highly doubt he’s delaying an announcement to do so.

Read into however you wish.  I am just glad I was given clearance to pass along info to you guys.  There are people out there that know their stuff... and really, really like what happens on HSN 3.0.  Bought all I can say about that right now.  Keep in mind, in this case, I am far from a source.  Just a messenger. 

I think I can speak for many on here, when I see posts from you or iuwins0708, there is an urgency to read it. Mainly, because of the respect all posters on this site have for the both of you. You guys are no nonsense straight shooters. We all know that you guys are going to give us legit info whether its what we want to hear or not. That is all we as IU fans want.

It is so tiring reading through posts with "guaranteed" promises. Keep up the good work mile! 

Go I.U. , bring Romeo home!!

I like that it’s not just a meeting with Archie, because if this was all to just break the bad news in person, then Archie has time this week to go to Langford. Langford wants to visit campus, which shows he’s serious and wants to check some real things out.

While not as secretive, reminds of that last visit Zeller made to check out the School of Business right before his announcement.  

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Thanks. Just want to put the pieces together. Just curious though. If they want one more visit. What else could we possibly say or show? The timeline fits the narrative of us hoping he comes...but is that last visit to seal the deal or to say in person to coach we like you...we really do but headed elsewhere. Just asking. 

It could be either, one to make sure that IU his where he wants to be, or to tell Archie personally his decision to go elsewhere.

3 hours ago, Colonialcrester said:

But would should start the "come to IU" thread just to make him feel good

...maybe change the name on the current thread.  In a year's time we could get it up to 500 pages or more!

Playing the long game. I like it. Imagine how the 2030 recruits will feel!

28 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I like that it’s not just a meeting with Archie, because if this was all to just break the bad news in person, then Archie has time this week to go to Langford. Langford wants to visit campus, which shows he’s serious and wants to check some real things out.

While not as secretive, reminds of that last visit Zeller made to check out the School of Business right before his announcement.  

Really?  I guess I missed that part about visiting the campus and checking out the academics.  That sounds good.

6 minutes ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

Really?  I guess I missed that part about visiting the campus and checking out the academics.  That sounds good.

I didn’t mean to imply that Langford’s visit was academic, just saying the timing reminds me of Zeller’s last visit. 

8 hours ago, CTrojan88 said:

Not trying to be a negative Nellie and only wanting to cover all possible scenarios....could Romeo be wanting to tell Archie in person that he has chosen another school?  Seems like a respectful way to handle things considering the intensity of his recruitment.   I sure hope not but I wouldn’t rule anything out at this point.

If that were the case, wouldn't he want to do the same with Self. It seems like it is down to Vandy and IU, and Vandy didn't close the deal.JMHO

8 hours ago, StLHoosier said:

I don’t see how this can be taken any other way besides positive, imo.  I take it as they want to visit IU again so badly, that if they can’t make it in time before the McD’s game due to scheduling conflicts, they will delay any decision because they want to get to IU again.  I’ve never heard of a recruit sitting down face to face to tell a coach he’s not coming, and I highly doubt he’s delaying an announcement to do so.

That's how I read it.  Coming to IU just to say no would be low class IMO.

10 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Yeah that makes total sense O.o

You do realize that your sarcasm is more than a little ironic considering your previous posts on the subject, right?:D

9 hours ago, slojoe said:

From what I've read RL is a serious student as he is taking advanced placement courses, and his favorite class is pre-calculus.

It seems odd that a serious student taking advanced placement courses would just now be taking pre-calculus as a senior. 

14 minutes ago, hoosierBGH said:

You do realize that your sarcasm is more than a little ironic considering your previous posts on the subject, right?:D

It seems odd that a serious student taking advanced placement courses would just now be taking pre-calculus as a senior. 

The article I took that from was January of 2017.  So he was a Junior at the time.

Of course, as we know often talking about academics may be something a recruit says because he thinks it's what he's supposed to say.

I believe Mile and/or other sources have said that to check out IU academics, talk to counselors, etc. was the purpose or, at least, one of the purposes of the visit.  So all you have friends and relatives in the math department start digging!

10 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Looking through my rose colored glasses, delayed gives him an opportunity to maybe make a last visit to IU before a decision is made.

I guess it is how you loo at things, if you are negative you think they still need for IU to sell them on why they should go to IU.  If you look at things positive, they want to look at IU one more time and talk to the academic advisors because they want to make sure IU is the right place.

19 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I guess it is how you loo at things, if you are negative you think they still need for IU to sell them on why they should go to IU.  If you look at things positive, they want to look at IU one more time and talk to the academic advisors because they want to make sure IU is the right place.

The main point is regardless of why RL is coming back to IU CAM has another chance to sell him on IU, and he has another chance to visit the campus. 

One more tidbit, guys..... I was saving for today. 

Remember when Romeo visited for HH ?   And Tim publicly stated that if Romeo decided to commit then and there.... they would not wait till Spring ?

Well, hold onto your hats.   Tim is also saying that it is up to Romeo..... but there is also a chance that Romeo commits before McDonald's.  It is all up to Romeo. 

10 hours ago, CTrojan88 said:

Not trying to be a negative Nellie and only wanting to cover all possible scenarios....could Romeo be wanting to tell Archie in person that he has chosen another school?  Seems like a respectful way to handle things considering the intensity of his recruitment.   I sure hope not but I wouldn’t rule anything out at this point.

No. You do not waste the time of the coach and University to do that.  You dont let them go all out to try and give that last second push just to show up to say thanks but no thanks. 

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Remember when Romeo visited for HH ?   And Tim publicly stated that if Romeo decided to commit then and there.... they would not wait till Spring ?

Well, hold onto your hats.   Tim is also saying that it is up to Romeo..... but there is also a chance that Romeo commits before McDonald's.  It is all up to Romeo. 

Keep it coming! Thanks as always!

13 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Mile, you are going to send this board into a frenzy!

Archived