Romeo Langford

My take once again not based on any intel. If NA loses before State Championship Romeo will visit meet with academic advisors talk about his academic future here. I believe that with his credits going in and then 2 years at IU. he would be in good shape to get his degree ala Cody Zeller. 

The family will go home talk options say why It really is IU and then let the world know.

This trip is not to tell us no thanks. In my opinion it is to cement the deal. I have felt for long time we are leading but why leave any stones unturned.  

From what i have heard with this info Mile passed along pieces are fitting together nicely to see RL. in candy stripes

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

One more tidbit, guys..... I was saving for today. 

Remember when Romeo visited for HH ?   And Tim publicly stated that if Romeo decided to commit then and there.... they would not wait till Spring ?

Well, hold onto your hats.   Tim is also saying that it is up to Romeo..... but there is also a chance that Romeo commits before McDonald's.  It is all up to Romeo. 

Thanks Mile, I think i just peed a little.

I go to vegas in two weeks, that would be about perfect timing.

And since academics are being discussed. Does anyone know if players now at IU get smaller classes on purpose? Reason I ask is one thing that Lanford's might want to know is exactly the class size,etc....he'll be studying in?

Just a thought. Bailey was in my  H105 Discussion class my freshman year. He used to get followed on campus and wasn't sure if IU had things in place to protect the stars.

34 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

I haven't read through the last few pages here so I don't know if this was posted. However, this is very similar to when Cody visited the Kelley School shortly before his announcement. Again, nothing but positive signs here IMO. 

Almost mirror image to what Cody did...good sign

I don’t believe Romeo is wanting to visit to just tell us no. I do believe the visit would be legit. It’s either Vandys out in front and he wants to make sure or we are out and front and he wants to confirm. Even if he picked IU I could still see him waiting till McDonald’s game but who knows. 

2 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

I don’t believe Romeo is wanting to visit to just tell us no. I do believe the visit would be legit. It’s either Vandys out in front and he wants to make sure or we are out and front and he wants to confirm. Even if he picked IU I could still see him waiting till McDonald’s game but who knows. 

If he waits until the McDonald's game to commit to IU, IMHO it would be good for us.  It would get a lot of publicity.  It would be a statement that IU is back and we're going to compete for national titles.

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Remember when Romeo visited for HH ?   And Tim publicly stated that if Romeo decided to commit then and there.... they would not wait till Spring ?

Well, hold onto your hats.   Tim is also saying that it is up to Romeo..... but there is also a chance that Romeo commits before McDonald's.  It is all up to Romeo. 

So many people have said if it's IU why not commit now? Sounds like they may get their answer/wish.

If it's IU, it would be cool for him to commit and receive the IU fanbase love during his tournament run, instead of the IU fanbase desire for him to come to IU (different kind of love). 

6 minutes ago, CrimsonV said:

Hello.  Newbie here.  One thing I remember hearing in an interview was Romeo’s interest in engineering.  I’ve heard IU’s program is just developing.  On the flip side, Vanderbilt’s program ranked #34, Kansas #78 (usnews).  

Welcome to the"Real"  Hoosier Sports Nation.

Romeo's favorite classes are math classes. However, you struck on a good reason for an additional trip to IU.  One I had not thought about till you post.  Pretty well documented that if another trip to IU happens.... that it will be academically related.  Just could be to check on the progress of IU's engineering program. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

And since academics are being discussed. Does anyone know if players now at IU get smaller classes on purpose? Reason I ask is one thing that Lanford's might want to know is exactly the class size,etc....he'll be studying in?

Just a thought. Bailey was in my  H105 Discussion class my freshman year. He used to get followed on campus and wasn't sure if IU had things in place to protect the stars.

I can't speak to class size for athletes.  However, keep in mind the excellence academy for athltetes, in the South End Zone is nearing completion.

(45) IU Excellence Academy - Home

17 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Romeo's favorite classes are math classes. However, you struck on a good reason for an additional trip to IU.  One I had not thought about till you post.  Pretty well documented that if another trip to IU happens.... that it will be academically related.  Just could be to check on the progress of IU's engineering program. 

Ummm....... You forgot to say WELCOME to CrimsonV

We need a "Welcome Wagon" here at HSN 3.0!!!  xD

17 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I believe, could be wrong, he’s since changed to more a business major guy.  Like I said I could be wrong but I remember reading that somewhere.

31 minutes ago, CrimsonV said:

Hello.  Newbie here.  One thing I remember hearing in an interview was Romeo’s interest in engineering.  I’ve heard IU’s program is just developing.  On the flip side, Vanderbilt’s program ranked #34, Kansas #78 (usnews).  

My apologies for not welcoming you to HSN 3.0.   Welcome... my mind was sidetracked.

6 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Ummm....... You forgot to say WELCOME to CrimsonV

We need a "Welcome Wagon" here at HSN 3.0!!!  xD

"Welcome Wagon" is correct.  Many new members joining daily.  Almost too hard to keep up with.  It is great to welcome them all to a free IU fanboard.

And I have gone back for a formal welcome.  Thanks for pointing that out to me.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

My daughter is a junior at I.U. right now and periodically sees both basketball and football players on campus and in a few of her classes. She says they really try to just blend in. I do know first hand (my daughter is a former softball player), that all athletes get preferential treatment with classes and times. This is all common knowledge because of practices and game schedules.

56 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Didn't know IU had an engineering program until now which led me to this gem: http://www.jconline.com/story/opinion/columnists/dave-bangert/2015/08/13/purdue-loses-bid-stop-iu-foray-engineering/31662125/

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Image result for popcorn gif

This is getting good.

Archived