IU Baseball

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just don't understand why the outfield was so shallow with a guy on 2nd an done out.  I get you want to cut off the run at home but you can't et a fly ball get over your head as well.

Thats the thing about gutsy calls, they work, the coach looks like a genius.  The coaches call fails, then the criticism will come.  I don't hate the call, I think the players had plenty of opportunity to win the game before that point.

49 minutes ago, PoHoosier said:

Thats the thing about gutsy calls, they work, the coach looks like a genius.  The coaches call fails, then the criticism will come.  I don't hate the call, I think the players had plenty of opportunity to win the game before that point.

Agreed you can't take away everything. I'd rather get beat by someone hitting it over my head rather than winning on a single or bloop hit. 

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Just don't understand why the outfield was so shallow with a guy on 2nd an done out.  I get you want to cut off the run at home but you can't et a fly ball get over your head as well.

It was the right call. 

21 minutes ago, PoHoosier said:

Welcome to HSN!
Good time to be an IU fan. 
Thanks for joining and also glad to see you posting.

Thanks for the welcome! I've been around some of the previous boards. I'm a big IU basketball fan but also a big Ole Miss baseball (and college baseball in general) fan.

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Well apparently you know what you're talking about. That was the exact draw we got. 

Glad it worked out that way. I've seen A&M numerous times this year and would be happy to answer any questions on what to expect.

1 minute ago, Kendal22 said:

Glad it worked out that way. I've seen A&M numerous times this year and would be happy to answer any questions on what to expect.

I've seen them once vs MSU. Our game Friday is on ESPN. So that's awesome. 

I'd expect to see either Mitchell Kilkenny or John Doxakis Friday night for A&M. Kilkenny went 6 innings Saturday against Ole Miss while Doxakis took a no-hitter into the 8th against Auburn Thursday night.

Kilkenny is a righty with mid-90s fastball with a very good slider. Doxakis comes from the left side with a low 90's fastball and a wipe-out slider. Either would be a tough task for Ole Miss.

Bullpens names to know would include Cason Sherrod. Sherrod is very similar to Kilkenny as a righty who can get up to 95-96. Veteran guy with a good breaking ball as well. Kaylor Chafin is a key reliever from the left side. Will also get it into the 90s and is capable of going several innings as he has a few starts on the year.

The closer is Nolan Hoffman. Hoffman is a submarine arm that can also run it into the 90s with heavy sink. The guy is a big-time character who talks to himself the whole time while on the mound. Look him up, it's entertaining.

Archived