Victor Oladipo

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Danomatic said:

There are several of options for pg/sf in free agency. I like Vic’s old teammate Elfrid Payton. Rajon Rondo appears to be available too, and say what you will, he’s a fantastic pass first guard. Then of course we could always go after Yogi, even though he’s restricted, it would be fun watching him and Vic getting some run together again. There’s a couple of options that I like at small forward, too. I really think that Jabari Parker has the ability to play at a high level in this league, but my question to him would be.... at what expense? If he plays unselfish basketball like he did in the Buck’s final few playoff games, then yes, I’d take a chance. If not - move along. Trevor Ariza also intrigues me. He’s a three and d guy. I just hope that playing in Houston over the past few years hasn’t spoiled him.

Usually we agree on almost everything... going to have to say imo you're way off on Payton. He's trash. I also don't think Ariza is better than Bog jmo though. 

4 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Kyrie did it with Lebron; Vic put up as big of numbers and is a much better defender. I don't understand what longevity has to do with it if we are projecting forward?

Summary of things you've said recently:

1) Stevens is a top two coach 

2) Celtics have a significantly better roster than Pacers both with regard to depth and at the top 

3) Celtics will probably lose to Cavs

Other facts:

4) Pacers should have swept Boston in regular season if not for one dumb play

5) Pacers should have beaten Cavs and outscored them by 39. 

Come on man, that clearly doesn't all add up to the conclusion you're trying to sell us. Somewhere in there the Pacers are being sold WAY short. 

I’m not selling anything. It’s pretty much universally accepted around the NBA that Stevens is one of the best coaches in the NBA, and certainly the best young coach, and that the Celtics are positioned to essentially be the favorite in the East if LeBron leaves Cleveland and especially as he ages. What’s there to disagree with?

Kyrie is 25, Rozier is 24, Brown is 21 and Tatum is 20, they’re still owed another lottery pick from the Sixers draft trade last year, and that didn’t even mention Horford or Hayward. 

Not sure what the Pacers “almost”sweeping the Celtics has to do with anything. It’s the regular season. I know one game the Pacers were in Boston for the night before while the Celtics flew in late and were playing on the second night of back-to-back. Those things matter in the NBA. The Celtics also played all season without their second best player, the last month and a half without Daniel Thies, and the last month without Kyrie and Marcus Smart, and still finished above the Pacers. At one point they went 3-1 on a West Coast trip missing 6 or their original top 9 guys. 

I think the Pacers are a really good, young team. I love Vic. But, the Pacers are a piece or two away from being thought of in the same group. 

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Rozier was given the opportunity to shine.  Give Sabonis that same opportunity and see what happens.  And Collison is not chopped liver.  Led the league in 3pt percentage and does not turn it over much. 

Absolutely, we’re not (or at least I’m not 😀) having this conversation about Rozier if he hadn’t been given the chance to showcase himself because Kyrie went down. And yes, Sabonis is a fantastic young player with a bright future. I like Collison too, though Rozier is much better. 

The Celtics are actually going to have to choose between keeping Rozier or Smart long term (can’t keep both with eventually also having to pay Brown and Tatum), and I think Rozier would be a great fit alongside Vic. He’s a plus defender, can run a team and play off the ball, has improved his 3-pt shooting tremendously, can get to the rim and hit mid-range, doesn’t turn the ball over, and he’s a guy who you can give the ball to in the 4th in games where Vic is having an off night. 

31 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Absolutely, we’re not (or at least I’m not 😀) having this conversation about Rozier if he hadn’t been given the chance to showcase himself because Kyrie went down. And yes, Sabonis is a fantastic young player with a bright future. I like Collison too, though Rozier is much better. 

The Celtics are actually going to have to choose between keeping Rozier or Smart long term (can’t keep both with eventually also having to pay Brown and Tatum), and I think Rozier would be a great fit alongside Vic. He’s a plus defender, can run a team and play off the ball, has improved his 3-pt shooting tremendously, can get to the rim and hit mid-range, doesn’t turn the ball over, and he’s a guy who you can give the ball to in the 4th in games where Vic is having an off night. 

I'd love Rozier. He's tough. If you can play for Stevens (just like Cory Joesph being able to.play for San Antonio) you can play for anyone. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

I'd love Rozier. He's tough. If you can play for Stevens (just like Cory Joesph being able to.play for San Antonio) you can play for anyone. 

He really would be a great fit next to Vic. I really do like the Pacers, I just think they need a secondary go-to scorer/fringe all-star guy to really take the next step. Somebody that can average 18ish and you can count on to go get 25+ when Vic is off. 

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

He really would be a great fit next to Vic. I really do like the Pacers, I just think they need a secondary go-to scorer/fringe all-star guy to really take the next step. Somebody that can average 18ish and you can count on to go get 25+ when Vic is off. 

Oh for sure... I do think Sabonis is that guy though. I'm ultra high on his game. Is there a term point-center yet? Lol

Just now, btownqb said:

Oh for sure... I do think Sabonis is that guy though. I'm ultra high on his game. Is there a term point-center yet? Lol

Horford actually does it a lot for the Celtics. Agree on Sabonis though, he has a bright future. I’m not sure if he’s “that guy” but i admit I need to watch him more. 

43 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I cant imagine why they would choose Smart over Rozier.  Rozier has a higher upside doesn't he? 

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Horford actually does it a lot for the Celtics. Agree on Sabonis though, he has a bright future. I’m not sure if he’s “that guy” but i admit I need to watch him more. 

To me... He's very David west plus 2-3 inches. I'm super biased when it comes to DS for some reason lol 

No lie... I was FL on vacation when I saw the trade last summer and I told my gf that we are going to be so much better than ppl realize because VO is coming home and DS will get a chance to shine. 

His shooting ability and passing sets him apart. 

Horford is a great comparison. 

BUT if Rozier keeps the level of play up... would he be ok with being Kyries back up?

If he gets shots as a sixth man, he may.  Think Eric Gordon.  And, you could play them together some.  And Kyrie is injury prone.  If I am the Celtics, I keep Rozier.

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I cant imagine why they would choose Smart over Rozier.  Rozier has a higher upside doesn't he? 

On pure talent, absolutely. But, as BTown said Rozier is going to want a shot at starting and if he keeps playing this way it also becomes a salary cap thing. Rozier will most likely command more. Also, while extremely frustrating Smart really does do a lot of things that impact winning but don’t show up in the box score. I would definitely take Rozier straight up but there are a lot of other factors. 

15 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

If he gets shots as a sixth man, he may.  Think Eric Gordon.  And, you could play them together some.  And Kyrie is injury prone.  If I am the Celtics, I keep Rozier.

Fair comparison.. but again.. what's Rozier want to be? Hypothetically he'd play a much bigger role with the Pacers and would still have a chance to win as much. 

32 minutes ago, btownqb said:

To me... He's very David west plus 2-3 inches. I'm super biased when it comes to DS for some reason lol 

No lie... I was FL on vacation when I saw the trade last summer and I told my gf that we are going to be so much better than ppl realize because VO is coming home and DS will get a chance to shine. 

I’m high on Sabonis too but I’m not sure I want him as the secondary scorer getting 18 a game. His shooting actually frustrates me because he’s good enough to take the open looks but not good enough to where you want your offense constantly coming down to that. I think it was game 6 where Cleveland was letting Thad and Sabonis take jumpers near the end and it basically cost us the game? 

I’d like to see Vic around 25-26pg, Miles 13/8, Sabonis 15/10, a new secondary scorer, and bogey relegated to the second unit. Bojan drives me up the ****ing wall. He has poor vision and he’s selfish. I don’t really believe in that ‘hot’ or ‘cold’ belief system when it goes to shooting but this guy bogey really makes me question that. The 1/10 and get getting torched by lebron for 45 really tilted me.

31 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I think he is a better scorer than Horford,  not quite as good on defense, but that's a solid comparison. 

Just now, ADegenerate said:

I’m high on Sabonis too but I’m not sure I want him as the secondary scorer getting 18 a game. His shooting actually frustrates me because he’s good enough to take the open looks but not good enough to where you want your offense constantly coming down to that. I think it was game 6 where Cleveland was letting Thad and Sabonis take jumpers near the end and it basically cost us the game? 

I’d like to see Vic around 25-26pg, Miles 13/8, Sabonis 15/10, a new secondary scorer, and bogey relegated to the second unit. Bojan drives me up the ****ing wall. He has poor vision and he’s selfish. I don’t really believe in that ‘hot’ is ‘cold’ belief system when it goes to shooting but this guy bogey really makes me question that. The 1/10 and get getting torched by lebron for 45 really tilted me.

I think Turner needs to be the guy getting 18-20. He has the most offensive upside of anyone besides Vic IMO. 

I'd love to add a guy like Rozier at point and a defensive stopper on the wing. 

2 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

I’d like to see Vic around 25-26pg, Miles 13/8, Sabonis 15/10, a new secondary scorer, and bogey relegated to the second unit. Bojan drives me up the ****ing wall. He has poor vision and he’s selfish. I don’t really believe in that ‘hot’ is ‘cold’ belief system when it goes to shooting but this guy bogey really makes me question that. The 1/10 and get getting torched by lebron for 45 really tilted me.

We game 6 by like 80 pts goob. Not sure what game you're alluding to. 

I'm projecting with a lot of my thoughts on DS... players improve their shot (usually) a lot in the NBA. 

He has the form and the base (as in his already a solid shooter) to become an excellent shooter. Remember just turned 22.

We game 6 by like 80 pts goob. Not sure what game you're alluding to. 

I'm projecting with a lot of my thoughts on DS... players improve their shot (usually) a lot in the NBA. 

He has the form and the base (as in his already a solid shooter) to become an excellent shooter. Remember just turned 22.

Sorry, it was game 7 where Thad shot the ball 13 times and Sabonis couldn’t hit a jumper and shot 3/9. That game was brutal as hell. My fav whipping boy bogey was trash and Thad and DS kept shooting jumpers.

I don’t trust bigs as primary scorers at all in the modern game. Hustle, rim protect, hit an open jumper, and attack the rim hard on pick and rolls.

Just me. I kind of like where it’s at right now with many players in 10-14 range. It lowers variance and you can get away with Miles shooting 3 shots and DS going 3/9 and still have a valid shot at winning. 

@btownqb

3 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

Sorry, it was game 7 where Thad shot the ball 13 times and Sabonis couldn’t hit a jumper and shot 3/9. That game was brutal as hell. My fav whipping boy bogey was trash and Thad and DS kept shooting jumpers.

Yeah Bogey was bad that game. Unfortunate. I hope you know I was trying to be funny when I called you a goob. 

Were any of DS shots that game bad shots?

Just now, btownqb said:

Yeah Bogey was bad that game. Unfortunate. I hope you know I was trying to be funny when I called you a goob. 

Were any of DS shots that game bad shots?

No they were not bad shots at all. The ones Thad were taking were open too. Cleveland did a great job at forcing third options :(

1 minute ago, ADegenerate said:

I don’t trust bigs as primary scorers at all in the modern game. Hustle, rim protect, hit an open jumper, and attack the rim hard on pick and rolls.

Just me. I kind of like where it’s at right now with many players in 10-14 range. It lowers variance and you can get away with Miles shooting 3 shots and DS going 3/9 and still have a valid shot at winning. 

@btownqb

Fair. Idk that DS should or will avg the 18 that was talked about earlier... I should say I think he will.be the 2nd most reliable offensive option behind Victor, and be able to do it even more effectively than he did it this year. 

Archived