IU hosts Marquette in 2018-19

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I like this. Should be a good game to test the freshman. Nothing like a Power 5 conference team coming to AH to create some buzz.

Ummm Power 5?  SEC, B1G, Big 12, ACC, PAC-12.  Football terminology.  LOL.  Just giving you hard time.  But as a guy that watched a lot of basketball in the 70's I am ecstatic about playing Marquette.  Always loved Al McGuire and Rick Majerus.  One of the best basketball games I ever saw in person was in the NIT in '85.  Marquette/IU.  Majerus vs. Knight.  I have always respected Marquette.

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Ummm Power 5?  SEC, B1G, Big 12, ACC, PAC-12.  Football terminology.  LOL.  Just giving you hard time.  But as a guy that watched a lot of basketball in the 70's I am ecstatic about playing Marquette.  Always loved Al McGuire and Rick Majerus.  One of the best basketball games I ever saw in person was in the NIT in '85.  Marquette/IU.  Majerus vs. Knight.  I have always respected Marquette.

Ooops. You know what I mean. Look forward to the bigger matchups. Especially at AH. Marquette is better than DePaul or some 200+ ranked team. 

2 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Ooops. You know what I mean. Look forward to the bigger matchups. Especially at AH. Marquette is better than DePaul or some 200+ ranked team. 

LOL, I know what you mean.  I see some guys on other boards referring to the "Power 6" when it comes to cbb.  The conferences I mentioned with the Big East included.

Meh, a matchup with Marquette does nothing for me.  They’ve been an extremely mediocre program under Wojo.  Will be disappointing if we don’t beat them at home.  I would’ve much rather played X... Matching Wisconsin up with them seems like a waste.

39 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Meh, a matchup with Marquette does nothing for me.  They’ve been an extremely mediocre program under Wojo.  Will be disappointing if we don’t beat them at home.  I would’ve much rather played X... Matching Wisconsin up with them seems like a waste.

Meh, I like the match-up.  Marquette has a title........X does not.

53 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Marquette probably with be the better team over Xavier this year.  Xavier has lost their top 5 scorers from last year and will be rebuilding.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To some if something happened before 1990 it did not really happen.

Marquette isn't relevant in the college basketball landscape at this time... and that's the only landscape that matters. They're an avg team. Them being above avg in the 70s does not change their mediocrity right now. Fact

18 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Marquette probably with be the better team over Xavier this year.  Xavier has lost their top 5 scorers from last year and will be rebuilding.

They didn't lose their top 5 scorers and they brought in 3 grad transfers. 

40 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

We should win, but it will be interesting to see how we handle Howard. 

If weren't for the threat of Romeo getting in foul trouble he would guard him. I would bet Green will get him mostly, DG has a 4 inch height advantage. 

Archived