Trendon Watford Commits to LSU

Hoosierhoopster

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Getting into the game at the same time Archie got in on Romeo... :ph34r:

That thought crossed my mind BUT, the big difference is how Crean ignored a high-quality legacy at his previous school.  Archie had no reason to think he had any chance at Romeo when he was at Dayton.

Trendon is playing for GA Stars AAU in Westfield at Grand Park this weekend 4/27-29 at Nike EYBL. Could also watch Brooks and Jackson-Davis play for Indy Heat. Think I saw Kenyon Martin Jr. and Scottie Pippen Jr. are also playing. Not to mention the infamous Kofi Cockburn is scheduled to make an appearance.

Emailed the Pacers Athletic Center to find out if it was open to public and details and got the following response:

EYBL is open to the public.

You will need to park at Monon Trail Elementary School and take the free shuttle to our site.

Admission is $5 Fri, $10 Sat, $5 Sun.

Games will be posted to their site soon, but the times are Fri 6:30p-11p; Sat 9:30a-11p; Sun 8a-2p

On 4/22/2018 at 12:28 PM, ADegenerate said:

I think so. I’m assumimg that he was going to go after him this szn and next but it’s Crean so who knows what goes on in his mind.

if crean is indeed making a late ditch recruiting effort to Trendon, my guess is it's for the pretense to give his new employer and the fanbase the impression that he has connections to high caliber recruits. in other words, it may be more of a self PR move. If UGA can make Trendon's final 3 or final 5, it's even better, but that doesn't mean there's substance. 

One thing I appreciate about this new staff is they understand how obvious it is that you should heavily pursue players you have an in with. Crean should have made Trendon his top priority once he knew Christian was coming to IU. The fact that Archie has made more of an effort to recruit Trendon than Crean is mindblowing to me. That would be like Ed Schilling telling Archie to not recruit Keion. 

2 hours ago, addictedtoIU said:

if crean is indeed making a late ditch recruiting effort to Trendon, my guess is it's for the pretense to give his new employer and the fanbase the impression that he has connections to high caliber recruits. in other words, it may be more of a self PR move. If UGA can make Trendon's final 3 or final 5, it's even better, but that doesn't mean there's substance. 

Speaking of PR moves... Crean has certainly made it WELL KNOWN that Victor, OG, Cody, Yogi and Troy are his boys. 

I don’t blame him, but I never saw so many NBA appearances when he was at IU. 

6 minutes ago, cohete15 said:

Speaking of PR moves... Crean has certainly made it WELL KNOWN that Victor, OG, Cody, Yogi and Troy are his boys. 

I don’t blame him, but I never saw so many NBA appearances when he was at IU. 

He had D-Wade's help at IU. Now at UGA, his list of NBA players got longer. The man's very good at creating 'perception', and since those were the players he brought in or found in the rough, he deserves a lot of credits. But in the end, he needs to prove it on the court. When he can't do that or can't meet his boss's or fanbase's expectations, none of those photos and twitter feeds matter. $3.2 mill at a program like UGA is a lot of money and a serious investment. Good thing for  him is UGA fanbase for the most part don't care about basketball, so he may enjoy a longer honeymoon period. 

BTW, UGA football had a spring scrimmage on last Saturday, and 80K fans filled the stadium. Quite amazing.

3 hours ago, cybergates said:

Trendon is playing for GA Stars AAU in Westfield at Grand Park this weekend 4/27-29 at Nike EYBL. Could also watch Brooks and Jackson-Davis play for Indy Heat. Think I saw Kenyon Martin Jr. and Scottie Pippen Jr. are also playing. Not to mention the infamous Kofi Cockburn is scheduled to make an appearance.

Emailed the Pacers Athletic Center to find out if it was open to public and details and got the following response:

EYBL is open to the public.

You will need to park at Monon Trail Elementary School and take the free shuttle to our site.

Admission is $5 Fri, $10 Sat, $5 Sun.

Games will be posted to their site soon, but the times are Fri 6:30p-11p; Sat 9:30a-11p; Sun 8a-2p

Thanks for checking, and posting on HSN. 

28 minutes ago, mkaser said:

Is it just me or does Trendon remind you a lot of Christian in the way they both play?

Trendon a little more athletic than Cwat.  Trendon a way better ball handler.  About even on shooting.  Trendon the better defender at the same point in their careers.

Archived