Trendon Watford Commits to LSU

Hoosierhoopster

I’ll say this and it’s just my opinion, so don’t shoot me. Archie is in prime position to start landing high 4 and 5 star players on a regular basis. 

With that being said, we’re going to end up losing guys like Clifton Moore to a transfer and potentially Deron Davis as a grad transfer etc. 

College basketball is becoming more and more aggressive in the recruiting landscape. So if you want to continuously compete with the likes of Duke, uk, UNC and the Kansas’s of the world, you have to change your ways and how you recruit. 

I can see a couple of spots opening up next year that nobody foresees right now. We are going to start getting younger and Archie has even mentioned that he’s going to redefine Indiana basketball. 

So, I’m prepared to start seeing more 4-5 man classes and transfers/early grads. Now, before any of you say that I’m crazy, listen, Crean tried this approach but wasn’t successful, due in large part to his inability to land the high profile kids.... or Indiana kids for that matter. So he’d throw darts at kids with potential. 

I feel strongly about us landing 4 kids next year. I really think that we get all three of TJD, Brooks and Watford. I also like our chances of landing Carton. 

How, you ask? First of all, Morgan will be gone. I feel like Moore and one other surprise transfers. Romeo certainly will be able to leave for the NBA IF he wants to. 

And I know that I’m beating a dead horse here, but... I really, really like Justin Smith. I mean, I think this kid has a huge year as long as he progresses like I anticipated. I can see him potentially declaring if he has the breakout season that I’ve pictured in my head. He tried dunking on EVERYONE last year and he shot for a pretty decent clip, too. 

Again, these are just my thoughts, so don’t be hatin’!! 🔴🔴 😂

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I have a Duke or Kansas feel about him. Not saying he wouldn't be a huge addition...but reading between the lines we have better shots at KB, TJD, and TW. 

A recent article I saw mentioned Kansas was likely in the lead and did not mention IU. Not sure if the Race connection still has us in the picture with him.

32 minutes ago, Reacher said:

A recent article I saw mentioned Kansas was likely in the lead and did not mention IU. Not sure if the Race connection still has us in the picture with him.

Hardest part about recruiting. Where to spend your time, energy and resources. It's a two way street though and so far everything I've read says we spend our time on the three I mentioned.

2 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Absolutely.  That shot and Kieth Smart's shot are probably my two most favorite basketball memories of all time.  Happy belated, C-Wat...Hoosier forever!

Mine as well, will remember the Wat Shot for the rest of my life.

Sometimes a moment in sports coincides with or becomes a part of a life moment. 

I was driving back with my then teenage soccer player, he had just set a Houston Dynamo Academy league record 5 goals scored in an Academy game (highest level of youth soccer, farm team for the Houston Dynamo), so we were already having a special day, and we were listening to the game on the drive back from San Antonio. That call, when Wat hit that shot, the screaming elation, was wildly echoed in our car — what a special moment, and Wat will always be one of my favorite Hoosiers for bringing us that 

2 hours ago, Reacher said:

I posted a link in the FBI thread, but Romeo's dad alluded to the idea that Kansas was out of it as soon as they got tied in with the FBI. Not sure if that plays here as well!

29 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

I posted a link in the FBI thread, but Romeo's dad alluded to the idea that Kansas was out of it as soon as they got tied in with the FBI. Not sure if that plays here as well!

I found the link. KDB posted it in the DJ Carlton thread- 

7 hours ago, KDB said:

Eric Bossi on Carton, "it seems Michigan and Ohio State could be slightly ahead of the pack with Indiana, Iowa, Marquette and Wisconsin likely right in the mix."

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/twitter-tuesday-romeo-langford-d-j-carton-tre-mann

"Hurt is a skilled combo forward who can shoot and has offensive versatility. Minnesota, Duke, Kansas, Memphis, Kentucky, North Carolina and many others are involved but if I had to bet at this point, I’d wager that Kansas is the team to beat. Terry is a skilled point guard who can shoot and Minnesota and Stanford appear to be in good shape."- Eric Bossi

Also said "Five-star Trayce Jackson-Davis looks like a strong possibility to end up in Bloomington from the class of 2019 and the Hoosiers are also strong with classmate Keion Brooks"

16 minutes ago, btownqb said:

We watched Hurt last weekend and were not overly impressed. 

Or is that another way of saying we don't think we're going to get him or we won't have room for him thus we're moving on?  Hard to imagine we wouldn't want a consensus top 5 player.

8 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Or is that another way of saying we don't think we're going to get him or we won't have room for him thus we're moving on?  Hard to imagine we wouldn't want a consensus top 5 player.

Just telling you what is fact from last weekend

58 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I want the elite Indiana kids before Hurt. Not saying that he isn’t a great ball player, but give me TJD, Brooks and Watford. Watford basically grew up a Hoosier and knows what’s expected of the program. Again, nothing against Hurt, but I don’t want other in-state kids leaving if they want to stay home.

7 hours ago, milehiiu said:

CWat still rocking an IU hoodie, on his birthday.... just a couple of days ago :

Db4BtUYWsAAO8Kk.jpg

Mile, I hate to burst your bubble but I think that's a picture from when he played at IU. The girl in the picture is a Michigan State alum, and the background looks like the Breslin Center. Am I wrong?

10 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Like em both but I personally prefer Watford. Brooks has to answer a character question for me and that is a big issue for me.  If I can get comfortable that his mid-season dust-up with his coach was at least mostly on the coach, I'm all-in.

I want to alleviate any stress on the character issue and maybe anyone else with similar info can back this up.  

I was told that Brooks character is not in question at all and the coach he had a run in with is a nut.  

1 hour ago, Danomatic said:

I want the elite Indiana kids before Hurt. Not saying that he isn’t a great ball player, but give me TJD, Brooks and Watford. Watford basically grew up a Hoosier and knows what’s expected of the program. Again, nothing against Hurt, but I don’t want other in-state kids leaving if they want to stay home.

Yup. Most important is to keep in state kids.

I’m all for keeping kids in state, but I want them to feel it’s a privilege to be a Hoosier. If Watford or Hurt or some of the out of state guards want to commit, I wouldn’t wait for endless flirtations by Brooks or TJD.

47 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Who told it to me. I NEVER have info, except for TJD stuff, and I was told this along the way. 

He’s right.  I was told staff thought he was too slow.  Haven’t completely ruled him out but with the other schools chasing him I basically think we are done with him. 

14 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

He’s right.  I was told staff thought he was too slow.  Haven’t completely ruled him out but with the other schools chasing him I basically think we are done with him. 

I was told that, and one of the assts wasn't impressed with his hustle. 

DBm Hoosier can spin it however he wants, I really don't care. 

If someone watches you on a football tape and sees you aren't hustling they turn it off, these kids in basketball get lucky that aau is looked at with a grain of salt. Not real basketball. 

Just now, ADegenerate said:

We’re talking about hurt right? (Busy today, don’t have time to go back and reread)

Yes. Can admin move the Hurt related posts to his topic? I don't mind them being in here but I think that the people who read his topic would like to know.

Archived