Home and Home with Arkansas

Any IU fan planning on going to the game, I highly recommend staying at the Crescent Hotel, built in 1886 in Eureka Springs, Arkansas.  Just a 45 mile drive to get to Fayetteville.

Eureka Springs is a pretty town.  The Crescent sits on a hill, over looking the city, and is considered to be one of the most haunted hotels in the U.S.A.  Aside from that, the rooms are really neat, with furniture from the 1800's.  And make sure to go on the tour of the hotel that starts at midnight, daily.

Crescent Hotel Ghost Tour in Eureka Springs, Arkansas

Really like this move for next season.  Arkansas was #44 in Kenpom and a 7 seed last year.  This gives us a very winnable road game against a power conference team, which will be great for our RPI and tournament resume.  Very smart scheduling by Archie... He continues to do all the right things.

28 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

I liked it so much I added it.  Thanks for the feedback and info.

You are very welcome.  Pales in comparison as to what you do for Hoosier Sports Nation.  But appreciate the comment, none the less.

Took a look at the Kenpom rankings from last season for the cupcakes in the Hardwood Showcase as well.  Mixed bag, but a few upgrades:

UT Arlington #128

UC Davis #129

Montana State #270

Are we going to play Texas A&M CC?  I see they’re listed as part of the series in Goodman’s tweet, but TDH doesn’t have us playing them.  If so, they were #311 last year.  Regardless, cupcakes like UT Arlington and UC Davis are exactly what we need.

Arkansas will have only 2 scholarship players returning from their roster last season !They are a huge unknown at this point in time ! Ditto for UT Arlington , as they have only 2 Seniors and 5 Freshmen and 1 Sophomore and a few new Jucos ! UC Davis on the other hand won 22 games last season and they have 6 Seniors and 5  Juniors ! Montana State plays in the same conference (Big Sky ) that Eastern Washington plays in. Anyone remember what the Eagles did to The Hoosiers in Assembly Hall ? I do ! They beat us on our own floor !  Montana State has won 2 of the last 3 Big Sky titles , I believe ? At any rate , Mo.State has  4 Seniors  and 4 Juniors ! IMO  , UC Davis & Montana State might give The Hoosiers as tough a time as Arkansas ,if not even a tougher time than the Razorbacks will !

4 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Arkansas will have only 2 scholarship players returning from their roster last season !They are a huge unknown at this point in time ! Ditto for IT Arlington , as they have only 2 Seniors and 5 Freshmen and 1 Sophomore and a few new Jucos ! UC Davis on the other hand won 22 games set season and they have 6 Seniors and 5  Juniors ! Montana State plays in the same conference (Big Sky ) that Eastern Washington plays in. Anyone remember what the Eagles did to The Hoosiers in Assembly Hall ? I do ! They beat us on our own floor !  Montana State has won 2 of the last 3 Big Sky titles , I believe ? At any rate , Mo.State has  4 Seniors  and 4 Juniors ! IMO  , UC Davis & Montana State might give The Hoosiers as tough a time as Arkansas ,if not even a tougher time than the Razorbacks will !

Great post HTD.  Always can depend upon you for "intel" on the lesser programs in our country.  Much appreciated.

Hope that you had a great and healthy 4th of July. 

On 7/4/2018 at 1:32 AM, ADegenerate said:

Glass having a laugh scheduling Montana State?! 

Even if we lose, their record will get wiped out when UK, KU, UL etc. get caught cheating again this year so its not like itll hurt us in the long run. 😏

Archived