Home and Home with Arkansas

On 7/3/2018 at 4:36 PM, FKIM01 said:

I haven't researched, but that doesn't appear to be your typical Tom Crean cream puff...

Crean would have talked about scheduling Arkansas, only for us to play Central Arkansas at home. Then he would have clarified, saying "a team from Arkansas" and then talked about how they could easily compete in a Power-5 league and playing them would be a big challenge.

Although Arkansas has had a lot of roster turnover this past off season, they are still led by big man Daniel Gafford who is projected by many to be a lottery pick. As I mentioned before, we should be favored - we just need to be careful not to overlook them. 

2 hours ago, Hoosier987 said:

Although Arkansas has had a lot of roster turnover this past off season, they are still led by big man Daniel Gafford who is projected by many to be a lottery pick. As I mentioned before, we should be favored - we just need to be careful not to overlook them. 

Yeah he's a freak but still pretty raw. No one really knows what to expect with so many newcomers, but wouldn't surprise me if it's a bit of a down year.

https://youtu.be/Og3qx3AvNGE?t=29s

At Blogging The Bracket's List of early season events , They list the 3 mid-majors that The Hoosiers will play in Bloomington in the Hardwood Classic this season as: UC Davis , Montana State  , and Texas-Arlington ! Therefore IU will NOT play Texas A & M Corpus Christi ! Apparently , TEX. A & M CC will play at Arkansas along with 2 of the 3 teams IU  is playing !!  (For  those of us who like to be up on these things) !! P.S. Arkansas does have four 4 Star recruits and  three 3 Star recruits coming in for the 2018-22019 season but only have 2 returning players from last season that were on scholarship last season !!

Archived