D'Andre Davis Commits to Louisville

20 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Well, Stl. Hoosier and just about everyone that commented above. Pretty much everyone that commented saw it as a bad early commit.

Well, everyone except 5Fouls...:coffee:

Depends on where he ends up committing.   You could argue a school like Butler would be better, because it's closer to home.  But, I don't see him upgrading within the Big Ten.  

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Depends on where he ends up committing.   You could argue a school like Butler would be better, because it's closer to home.  But, I don't see him upgrading within the Big Ten.  

Butler already has 5 commits for 2020. That one isn’t happening for him. So I’m curious to see who jumps in for him this time around. 

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Per 24/7, he's now a top 100 recruit...has jumped a bunch from where he was, which is probably why he decommited.

I could easily see better B1G programs getting involved.

EDIT:  See his teammate Nigel Pack is a Kansas (not Penn) State commit as well.

2 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Per 24/7, he's now a top 100 recruit...has jumped a bunch from where he was, which is probably why he decommited.

EDIT:  See his teammate Nigel Pack is a Penn State commit as well.

I don't consider Penn State, Northwestern, or Rutgers as being better Big Ten offers.  Would Purdue or Illinois be interested?  I doubt Ohio State, Michigan, or Michigan State would be.  I guess we will see how it plays out.   

7 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

EDIT:  See his teammate Nigel Pack is a Penn State commit as well.

Pack is committed to Kansas State.

38 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I don't consider Penn State, Northwestern, or Rutgers as being better Big Ten offers.  Would Purdue or Illinois be interested?  I doubt Ohio State, Michigan, or Michigan State would be.  I guess we will see how it plays out.   

Looking back at the 2018 class, he's ranked higher than Damezi Anderson (IU), Robert Phinisee (IU), Aaron Henry (MSU) and Eric Hunter (Purdue).  Maybe the 2020 class is a lot weaker, and I don't know what schools need small forwards, but just based on his ranking (95 per 247), he's certainly the caliber of player taken by at least most of the better Big Ten teams.  He surely had some perceived interest from a school he thinks is a better fit for him to decommit.

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

ranked #2 in Indiana, so you are saying Archie isn't recruiting very well. And we are no better than Neb.? All of our recruits are ranked around this kid.

19 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Purdue and Xavier have scheduled in-home visits for this week. 

No offense to those who doubted, but I felt as soon as I heard the de-commit that he had better interest than Nebraska.  Otherwise, why de-commit?  That sure seems like the most obvious reason anyway.  I'd say most recruits view Hoiberg as an upgrade for Nebraska. 

Just seemed like he was way premature pulling the trigger for...Nebraska?!!

Peegs says he’s a good player and that he’s stepped up when he’s played big time competition.  Based on that, he will probably be a good get for a high major.  

As for IU (this is me talking, not Peegs), we only have 13 schollies.  By definition, we can’t get every good player.  With Leal, Geronimo, and Galloway, I don’t see how we could take him, even if he’s a good player. 

3 hours ago, Maedhros said:

Xavier and Louisville as well. All high major programs. Crystal Ball and Rivals' FutureCast have a combined eight picks of Davis to Louisville, and he has a visit scheduled there for this weekend.

UL hasn’t offered Dre yet. They did offer his younger brother and he has the official visit then. That’s when his offer will likely come.

Archived