Trivia

rico

14 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Wow. Funny stuff. Gene Conley is it. Played for Milwaukee Braves and Boston Celtics.The extra little tidbit was Chuck Conners (The Rifleman)  was 1 of only 12 who also played in NBA and MLB and was drafted by Bears in 1946 and was credited with shattering the first NBA backboard.

His full name was Donald Eugene Conley...the gal I saw in HS Dad's name WAS Don Conley.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rico said:

Remember when we were talking about Finley?  I stumbled across a link about Campy and it led to Tovar.  I just happened to remember it, that's all.

Did it mention the Lerrin LaGrow incident? 

I remember watching that live...a guy would get 10 games easy for that today...

What former IU football player went on to star in 3 separate TV series and took his stage name from his childhood hero.  The "hero" was a college football star and would later win a national championship as a coach.  Name the guy, the hero, and the 3 TV series.

20 hours ago, rico said:

What former IU football player went on to star in 3 separate TV series and took his stage name from his childhood hero.  The "hero" was a college football star and would later win a national championship as a coach.  Name the guy, the hero, and the 3 TV series.

The only actor that I can think of that I know went to IU was Kevin Kline...but I don't know if he played football, or had even 1 TV show...

On 4/22/2020 at 6:15 AM, rico said:

No.

Got a hint from @rico and found out, much to my surprise, that it was "The Six Million Dollar Man" (apparently Farrah didn't think so!)...  Lee Majors

So here's a good one...who's the only player to win and NFL championship, an AFL championship, and a Super Bowl?

12 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Got a hint from @rico and found out, much to my surprise, that it was "The Six Million Dollar Man" (apparently Farrah didn't think so!)...  Lee Majors

So here's a good one...who's the only player to win and NFL championship, an AFL championship, and a Super Bowl?

LOL...yes, Lee Majors.

As far as your question...I am at a loss but I am thinking Weeb Ewbank is involved somehow?  A tad before my time.