Dawson Garcia Commits to Marquette

CauseThatsMyDJ

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, slojoe said:

As mchenry said zeller just did not take many shots from 15 or so out for whatever reason in college.  I agree that with the exception of Sheehey we weren't good at flashing in and out of the zone or along the base line.

my favorite was crean having  player set  screen between the two defensive guards as the ball handler dribbled across the top of the key area, only to have the other guard standing there waiting for the dribbler. totally useless

59 minutes ago, coachv said:

my favorite was crean having  player set  screen between the two defensive guards as the ball handler dribbled across the top of the key area, only to have the other guard standing there waiting for the dribbler. totally useless

I have put the bad part of the Crean years in the rear view and got my shades on cause the future is looking bright!!!

10 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

To add to the suspense, Archie tweeted 8 mins ago congratulating the soccer team. Visit over? 

Looks like the flight is scheduled to depart around 5:21 and land around 6:34 (Indiana time), so Archie was probably en route to the airport or at the airport (my guess). 

Edit: They're in the air now.

4 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

Looks like the flight is scheduled to depart around 5:21 and land around 6:34 (Indiana time), so Archie was probably en route to the airport or at the airport (my guess). 

Edit: They're in the air now.

Kinda cool that if he didn’t already, he knows now whether or not Garcia is coming. And we don’t 😂

7 minutes ago, GrangerHoosier said:

The Memphis Rivals guy thinks Garcia is going to IU.

I think Garcia ends up at Indiana but I feel like they are in a good spot with Brown. Texas is your main competition & Shaka isn’t exactly in a cool seat right now.

— Isaac Simpson

Link?

I really want this kid. If we can add DG as a piece to this class, this is a MAJOR turning point for this program. All things being equal in terms of last minute visits from Memphis and Marquette, I think Leal and Galloway are the wild cards here. Personally, I wouldn't want to spend a minute on either of the other campuses, but you never know what kids want. Source:Dad to a 16 year old junior (at BHSS). 

2 hours ago, Beowulf50 said:

I have put the bad part of the Crean years in the rear view and got my shades on cause the future is looking bright!!!

Yes.  All the best to Coach Crean.  He... was willing to take the job after the Sampsongate fiasco.  When others. Were not willing.  And then instead of terminating his first season. And given a cupboard with literally scrapes on the shelf... gave me... not one, but two very entertaining teams. Despite the talent given to him.  And let's not forget. Coach Crean, despite the cards that were handed to him.... actually took IU to the NCAAT. 

Put him in the rear view mirror. But never forget what he accomplished here.... when other bigger name coaches refused to take the job on.

4 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Yes.  All the best to Coach Crean.  He... was willing to take the job after the Sampsongate fiasco.  When others. Were not willing.  And then instead of terminating his first season. And given a cupboard with literally scrapes on the shelf... gave me... not one, but two very entertaining teams. Despite the talent given to him.  And let's not forget. Coach Crean, despite the cards that were handed to him.... actually took IU to the NCAAT. 

Put him in the rear view mirror. But never forget what he accomplished here.... when other bigger name coaches refused to take the job on.

Mile you are awesome and love everything you bring. Crean did a lot for IU and I am thankful for it! Some want to keep rehashing the bad and the bad is what I want to put in the rear view!! Time to move on!! Go IU!!

15 minutes ago, Beowulf50 said:

Mile you are awesome and love everything you bring. Crean did a lot for IU and I am thankful for it! Some want to keep rehashing the bad and the bad is what I want to put in the rear view!! Time to move on!! Go IU!!

I feel like Larry David here! Maybe I will just move on!! 

25 minutes ago, Beowulf50 said:

Thank you for your very kind words.  Actually made contact with a former member of John Decker's Hoosier Nation on the old scout site, today. Where he posted as tigerbh82.   Who I made reference to on Hoosier Sports Nation, just the other day. Some may remember him.  Brooks Hansen. A great solid guy.  Who was a prolific poster, and contributor,  before moving on to other things.(Memphis Roar and all things Memphis).   A true "insider".  And a guy who was in full support of IU hiring Coach Crean at the time. And a guy who shared a ton of great information with me as well as others on the board at the time.

I do appreciate your words. Beowulf50.  And want to thank you for being a part of Hoosier Sports Nation. It's members like you that make this site great.

Archived