1-15 Dakich

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

What did he say?

Give it a listen on 1070 the fan.  To sum it up he called out the players (totally deserving), called out Archie (totally deserving), and called out the entire athletic department for numerous things.  I agree with him on not having an IU guy on the bench with archie such as Fife, Cheaney, Lewis, Guyton, whoever.  It’s worth a listen, and in my opinion if you don’t agree with most of what he says you are in denial.

Edit—-I’m not a big Dakich fan at all but today you could hear some passion and disdain for IU basketball.  

Dak's ratings must be down.  I stopped listening years ago.  And refuse to listen to any pod cast now, much less his show.

Remember... at one time I was once one of his biggest fans.  Had an uncle who was his god father. Loved the fact that Dak turned down the West Virginia gig after discovering the cheating that had gone on over there..

And I once was a daily listener.  Till.... I got tired of his abusing any listener, he did not agree with.  And when he told me he did not care what I had to say about IUBB... that was the end of DD for me. 

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Dak's ratings must be down.  I stopped listening years ago.  And refuse to listen to any pod cast now, much less his show.

Remember... at one time I was once one of his biggest fans.  Had an uncle who was his god father. Loved the fact that Dak turned down the West Virginia gig after discovering the cheating that had gone on over there..

And I once was a daily listener.  Till.... I got tired of his abusing any listener, he did not agree with.  And when he told me he did not care what I had to say about IUBB... that was the end of DD for me. 

I’m not an everyday listener by any means but he hit the nail on the head today.  

11 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Give it a listen on 1070 the fan.  To sum it up he called out the players (totally deserving), called out Archie (totally deserving), and called out the entire athletic department for numerous things.  I agree with him on not having an IU guy on the bench with archie such as Fife, Cheaney, Lewis, Guyton, whoever.  It’s worth a listen, and in my opinion if you don’t agree with most of what he says you are in denial.

Edit—-I’m not a big Dakich fan at all but today you could hear some passion and disdain for IU basketball.  

Thanks. No problem with any of those call outs. I’m not a fan of his, but that doesn’t mean he always wrong. 

I’d listen but free time is limited with two little ones. 

44 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Did he raise any points that have not been mentioned here?  Basically, I'm asking if he is saying all the same things we are saying, but he has the advantage of having a more public way to do it.

He brings up the entire coaching staff.  Also brings up the AD for shying away from any Knight guys even as assistants. 

6 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Did I say that?  He didn’t even bring up Alford.

He did bring up Alford towards the end if you go back and listen. Him comparing Sam Decker to Romeo Langford is a complete joke. Romeo is one of the best finishers around the rim I’ve ever seen. Decker couldn’t hold Romeo jock strap. Romeo is not being mis used total joke there to. Only thing I agree with is Archie should of held the players more accountable. The lack of effort we played with should never happen. He should be as hard on Romeo as he is anyone else. Also I agree that there should be an Indiana guy on the bench like Fife or Lewis. Other than that complete garbage. Can’t stand Dan and wish I never would of listened to it. It will be the last time I ever listen to his voice on anything.. I do respect your opinion tho 0708. 

4 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

He did bring up Alford towards the end if you go back and listen. Him comparing Sam Decker to Romeo Langford is a complete joke. Romeo is one of the best finishers around the rim I’ve ever seen. Decker couldn’t hold Romeo jock strap. Romeo is not being mis used total joke there to. Only thing I agree with is Archie should of held the players more accountable. The lack of effort we played with should never happen. He should be as hard on Romeo as he is anyone else. Also I agree that there should be an Indiana guy on the bench like Fife or Lewis. Other than that complete garbage. Can’t stand Dan and wish I never would of listened to it. It will be the last time I ever listen to his voice on anything.. I do respect your opinion tho 0708. 

Respectfully disagree especially on Romeo.  He doesn’t get enough shots and there isn’t enough space for him although that’s mostly because we have zero shooters.  I also don’t think Cheaney is garbage, he knows the game better than any of us.

4 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Respectfully disagree especially on Romeo.  He doesn’t get enough shots and there isn’t enough space for him although that’s mostly because we have zero shooters.  I also don’t think Cheaney is garbage, he knows the game better than any of us.

Cheaney would be good as well. Only having 2 threats on offense hurts Romeo and him having any space. 

2 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Cheaney would be good as well. Only having 2 threats on offense hurts Romeo and him having any space. 

I’m not giving up on Archie, he’s still young and learning and I know he knows he game.  However when you make that kind of money you aren’t above some criticism. 

I gave it a listen.  There are some points DD made that I can agree with; Archie needs to hold players accountable for lack of effort, need to feed Romeo the ball more inside, and stop repeatedly talking about injuries.  However, I think his rant about the IU coaching staff and calling out the assistants was unwarranted and over the top.  Sure, I think it would be great to have a former IU player or two on the IU coaching staff but not having one does not warrant the level of disrespect DD used when giving his opinion of the current staff.  Perhaps, along with making a few good points about the struggles of the current IU basketball team, DD's words also provide insight as to the reason Archie is sitting in the coaching seat at IU while DD is spewing his opinions daily on 1070.

Dan is just in that line of disciples that Bobby created.  That was how it was when DD played.  Dakich is used to have former IU players on the coaching staff.  And he was one as well after his playing days were over.  Part of me thinks that he sees that it has all changed, and he just doesn't like that change.

Archived