Possible shooting at IU

20 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

My daughter lives in an apartment complex near the football stadium but luckily see left campus last night

Too scary.  Glad she is safe. Not that we don't have serious problems here in Colorado. However, legalizing marijuana which was the cause of this action in Indiana, most likely would not have happened here. 

43 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

My daughter lives in an apartment complex near the football stadium but luckily see left campus last night

I just now saw this! Oh my gosh! My youngest daughter lives in apartments across from the football stadium...and she is till there. My daughter and I usually get a text alert through iu but neither of us got one.

11 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I just now saw this! Oh my gosh! My youngest daughter lives in apartments across from the football stadium...and she is till there. My daughter and I usually get a text alert through iu but neither of us got one.

A few things.  This happened on Thursday.  Your daughter might have not know anything about this, or she didn't want to concern you by not letting you know it went down.

I can relate and empathize with you. Too close to home.  Thank goodness she is ok.  I am not a marijuana advocate... however I did vote to legalize it in Colorado. To keep thing like this from happening.  And lastly... Don't always rely upon GPS getting you to your destination, nor text messages being up to date. 

9 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

A few things.  This happened on Thursday.  Your daughter might have not know anything about this, or she didn't want to concern you by not letting you know it went down.

I can relate and empathize with you. Too close to home.  Thank goodness she is ok.  I am not a marijuana advocate... however I did vote to legalize it in Colorado. To keep thing like this from happening.  And lastly... Don't always rely upon GPS getting you to your destination, nor text messages being up to date. 

On another note, I can't imagine driving from Fort Wayne to B-town just to buy some weed.

3 minutes ago, rico said:

Yeah, it is odd.  I ain't "buying" the story.

Or as Paul Harvey used to say : "Now for the rest of the story."

By the way, and I am sure no one here cares or is old enough to remember Paul Harvey.  But I'm going to tell the story anyway.  I once ran into Mr. Harvey in a hotel in Dallas, Texas.  Literally.... ran into him.  He was very short of stature.  I was coming out of an elevator, and he was not paying attention, as he was coming in.... and I knocked him down. Recognized him immediately.  Apologized to him. And he said "not to worry, it happens all the time !"  LOL

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

The famed Varsity Villas (or, as it's now called, "Stadium Crossing")?

I did my tour of duty at the Villas.  It was fun on the weekends because it was like an enclosed block party unto itself -- if you didn't want to leave, you didn't have to!

54 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Or as Paul Harvey used to say : "Now for the rest of the story."

By the way, and I am sure no one here cares or is old enough to remember Paul Harvey.  But I'm going to tell the story anyway.  I once ran into Mr. Harvey in a hotel in Dallas, Texas.  Literally.... ran into him.  He was very short of stature.  I was coming out of an elevator, and he was not paying attention, as he was coming in.... and I knocked him down. Recognized him immediately.  Apologized to him. And he said "not to worry, it happens all the time !"  LOL

Page Two....

Archived