Romeo Langford Question

My dad has been to quite a few games this year and told me that when they announce the starting lineups 9 out of the 10 players announced go over and shake the officials' hands.  Romeo is the only one who does not.  I don't really think that's a big deal, but he does.  Anyway, what's up with that?  Probably not a good move.

7 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

We’re really scraping the barrel now. 

come on brother.  actually take the time to read what i said.  i said i don't think it's a big deal.  i was just thinking it was strange if he is literally the only one.  scraping the barrel?  show me another post where i have said something bad about Romeo.  

12 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

We’re really scraping the barrel now. 

and again, such a flippant answer... i was simply asking is that not a little strange.  if you have no input, cool.  anyone else?  certainly not saying it's a huge deal, but if 9 of 10 do it, i would probably just go ahead and do it too.

I don't have an answer for you.  Having said that, this is one of the many things I love about this board. There is never a way, watching IU via long distance on tv, rather than up close and personal that I would have ever known what you have shared with us.

One of the things I like about the Big Ten network, is that many times before a game, they show the players warming up, and the fans in the stands, before the game starts. Something, the major networks like CBS don't do.  

8 hours ago, 5fouls said:

It would bother me if I was Archie.  Do it as a team, or don't do it.  It actually looks worse if one player does not do it than it does if the whole team chooses not to.

this is all i'm saying.  i don't really even care if some do and some don't, but if everyone does... and BTW - i for one don't think Romeo is our problem.  i do think we have to have some internal cancers to be playing this bad though.  

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

I don't have an answer for you.  Having said that, this is one of the many things I love about this board. There is never a way, watching IU via long distance on tv, rather than up close and personal that I would have ever known what you have shared with us.

One of the things I like about the Big Ten network, is that many times before a game, they show the players warming up, and the fans in the stands, before the game starts. Something, the major networks like CBS don't do.  

that's exactly why i posted.  my dad asked me what i thought about that.  i told him i had no idea that was the case.  he doesn't do message boards,so i told him i'd bring it here and see what people had to say.  

21 minutes ago, Bob said:

I am probably your dads age so. I don’t see this as a problem. I have family in the New Albany area that tell me you couldn’t meet a nicer young man then Romeo. 

i believe that.  doesn't seem selfish or cocky from what i can tell.  i'm more wondering if there is jealousy of the attention and role he has from multiple guys and that's part of our behind the scenes problems?  has to be either that or a conflict with CAM from some players or both? 

12 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

My dad has been to quite a few games this year and told me that when they announce the starting lineups 9 out of the 10 players announced go over and shake the officials' hands.  Romeo is the only one who does not.  I don't really think that's a big deal, but he does.  Anyway, what's up with that?  Probably not a good move.

Maybe he's a bit of a germaphobe.   Some people don't like to shake hands during cold/flu season.. Who knows?

My feelings are Durham and Phinisee need to start taking more shots from the three point line. Those two are our really only treats from there. Things need to open up in the paint more for Morgan and smith also gives Romeo a chance to do what he does best score inside. If there is no treat to kick the ball outside then once the entry pass is made are penetration is made the entire defense can collapse into the paint to defend and get denfensive rebounds. Archie can’t shoot the ball for them the players need to start making shots. I don’t think it’s team chemistry, I think it is players trying to do to much on their own because no one is getting the job done. On the offensive side. Even when we penetrate or pass the ball into the paint the shot we take is some kind of tough contested Hail Mary that is a low percentage shot. When Romeo or others drive the off guards collapse down to help swat at the ball and contest the shot. It all comes down to other teams saying there’s the outside let’s see what you got! 

On 1/27/2019 at 5:41 AM, milehiiu said:

One thing I fear is IU is going to suck so bad that CBS, FS1, and the others will stop carrying our games and we it will just be B1G Network and a handful of radio stations. I mean if we continue to be blown out in the first 5 mins and people turning off the tv it won’t be much longer.

15 minutes ago, dgambill said:

One thing I fear is IU is going to suck so bad that CBS, FS1, and the others will stop carrying our games and we it will just be B1G Network and a handful of radio stations. I mean if we continue to be blown out in the first 5 mins and people turning off the tv it won’t be much longer.

I hear what you are saying. However, one thing IU has going for it, is a huge alumni base spread all across the country. 

9 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I hear what you are saying. However, one thing IU has going for it, is a huge alumni base spread all across the country. 

But for how much longer? How many of the hardcore fans on this board turned the game off? I agree it probably won’t happen soon but there are some B1G schools that don’t get prime time games and they have big alumni bases. If you aren’t competitive nobody wants to watch you. CBS etc aren’t going to air your games...eventually B1G ACC challenge and we will start getting wake forest etc...it’s been years since we have been competitive going back to the last few Crean years. It could happen.

Archived