NBA Thread

I think for the Pacers to be actual contenders they need to get two starters for the 2 and the 3. I don't think Neimhard and Neismith are starters on contenders. Hailburton only has 7 points on 5 shots is inexcusable. If he wants to be an all pro he can't disappear like this

Edited by IU Scott

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Looking at the stats the Pacers has hit 11 3's Knicks. Free throws Pacers has hit 14 Knicks 7. 2 pointers Knicks 31 Pacers 14. Rebounds Knicks 40 Pacers 19. Offensive rebounds Knicks 17 Pacers 3. 

Knicks are simply playing harder.  JMHO

• Thanks 1

The Pacers has let two bench scrubs for the Knicks to kill us McBride 17 and Burks 18. Neither one played much at all the first two games and only playing due to injuries. Brunson is the only guy for the Knicks that started the year as a starter. Two are injured and two were traded so tbe Pacers are letting a team with one  starter and 4 bench guys beat us

Wonder how many times in the playoffs has a team won by 30+ and lost by 30+ in the next game. Pacers made two really good runs to start the third and the 4th but couldn't sustain their runs.

I bet the script will have the Pacers win game 6 at home so there can be a game 7 at MSG

35 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The Pacers has let two bench scrubs for the Knicks to kill us McBride 17 and Burks 18. Neither one played much at all the first two games and only playing due to injuries. Brunson is the only guy for the Knicks that started the year as a starter. Two are injured and two were traded so tbe Pacers are letting a team with one  starter and 4 bench guys beat us

🙄🙊

3 hours ago, HoosierDaddyNYC said:

Why did the Pacers leave Halliburton in Indy?   Oh, my bad.  He’s there.  He’s just invisible.  Meanwhile Brunson flopped his way to 33 pts so far midway through the third quarter.  LMFAO

Funny how you show up when your team shows up and disappear when they get boat-raced.

Weak man...really weak.  You won't get any respect here acting as immature as you have.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Funny how you show up when your team shows up and disappear when they get boat-raced.

Weak man...really weak.  You won't get any respect here acting as immature as you have.

Funny - sounds like you are describing Tyrese Halliburton to a tee.  Good one!

• Like 1

Is there another sport where the swings in scoring/play can differ so much at home vs road or even inside of 48 hours?

Besides what the Pacers/Knicks are doing...look at the Timberwolves. Totally dominate the first 2 games and poof.....disappeared.

3 hours ago, HoosierDaddyNYC said:

Funny - sounds like you are describing Tyrese Halliburton to a tee.  Good one!

I think we already know the answer, but will you be around when IU has games next season, or did you only make this account to sh*tpost? 

34 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Is there another sport where the swings in scoring/play can differ so much at home vs road or even inside of 48 hours?

Besides what the Pacers/Knicks are doing...look at the Timberwolves. Totally dominate the first 2 games and poof.....disappeared.

If there was ever a year to believe these games are staged, it's this year. Not saying I do, but it's been weird. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I think we already know the answer, but will you be around when IU has games next season, or did you only make this account to sh*tpost? 

Ngl, enjoying the sh*tposting but will be right here with you shoulder to shoulder to support the Hoosiers next year.  It’s why I was here in the first place.  

14 hours ago, HoosierDaddyNYC said:

Why did the Pacers leave Halliburton in Indy?   Oh, my bad.  He’s there.  He’s just invisible.  Meanwhile Brunson flopped his way to 33 pts so far midway through the third quarter.  LMFAO

Definition of front runner( and I saw  your Haliburton comment so you can save time and not repeat it)  Hide for a week and keep mouth shut when losing but  then puff up chest and gloat after a win. Just like most NY fans that i know.  Knicks outplayed them and won the game on to game 6. Brunson is a great player but if you don't think he and Harden flop and get BS calls I got nothing for you. Just 1 example when that semi truck ran out onto the court and hit Brunson and knocked him back 10 ft and they called the 3rd foul on Neismith but overruled it and called an offensive foul on Brunson. dude is either 80 pound wimpy kid or a flopper you decide. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Definition of front runner( and I saw  your Haliburton comment so you can save time and not repeat it)  Hide for a week and keep mouth shut when losing but  then puff up chest and gloat after a win. Just like most NY fans that i know.  Knicks outplayed them and won the game on to game 6. Brunson is a great player but if you don't think he and Harden flop and get BS calls I got nothing for you. Just 1 example when that semi truck ran out onto the court and hit Brunson and knocked him back 10 ft and they called the 3rd foul on Neismith but overruled it and called an offensive foul on Brunson. dude is either 80 pound wimpy kid or a flopper you decide. 

Lol - NY frontrunner is funny.  I’ve been a Mets,Jets and Knicks fan my whole life and I’m in my 50s.  I f-ing hate the Yankees.  Always have.  You can feel free to insult NYC all you want but “front runner” is just downright silly.  I love this Knicks team because they play with heart, guts and never make excuses and neither do I.  All of you “ Hoosiers” who think you have some sort of license on basketball should appreciate this Knicks team for the same reasons that most of the unbiased pundits do.  Heart, guts, hustle and resilience.  And you should love Brunson for the same reasons.   I know it sucks when you get your hopes up about a young Pacers team who lucked into the second round due to playing a real team with too many injuries to overcome and then your star absolutely disappears and shits the bed under the bright lights of Broadway.Maybe you manage to pull out game 6 & 7 - in which case, I won’t blame the refs, the injuries, the big market script or anything else.  I will tip my cap and then watch you get swept by the Celtics.  LMFAO.  

Edited by HoosierDaddyNYC

57 minutes ago, HoosierDaddyNYC said:

Lol - NY frontrunner is funny.  I’ve been a Mets,Jets and Knicks fan my whole life and I’m in my 50s.  I f-ing hate the Yankees.  Always have.  You can feel free to insult NYC all you want but “front runner” is just downright silly.  I love this Knicks team because they play with heart, guts and never make excuses and neither do I.  All of you “ Hoosiers” who think you have some sort of license on basketball should appreciate this Knicks team for the same reasons that most of the unbiased pundits do.  Heart, guts, hustle and resilience.  And you should love Brunson for the same reasons.   I know it sucks when you get your hopes up about a young Pacers team who lucked into the second round due to playing a real team with too many injuries to overcome and then your star absolutely disappears and shits the bed under the bright lights of Broadway.Maybe you manage to pull out game 6 & 7 - in which case, I won’t blame the refs, the injuries, the big market script or anything else.  I will tip my cap and then watch you get swept by the Celtics.  LMFAO.  

What I like is the heart of the Knicks for sure and they play hard and remind me of the basketball i grew up with. I have nothing bad to say about them or how they play. I still think Brunson is a stud and a flopper and that is what it is. Many in the current NBA are that way. Our young Pacers and franchise in general has had more success the past 30 years than your beloved Knicks. The front runner comment is very true. Jets fans and Knicks fans etc only show up running their mouths when things are going well. Most Jets fans were already buying their Super Bowl tickets and 4 minutes into game 1 they all went into the witness protection program. Same as the past 20 years for the Knicks. I just don't like when fans try to pump up their team by belittling their opponents. In doing so you are actually saying your team beat a much inferior team which they probably should.. They are the #2 seed correct?? If the Pacers make it to the next round by "luck" or magic or rubbing the Genie lamp I can guarantee it won't be a sweep. The will not win the series but they won't get swept. 

As far as NYC its my favorite city in the US and can't wait to get back there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

What I like is the heart of the Knicks for sure and they play hard and remind me of the basketball i grew up with. I have nothing bad to say about them or how they play. I still think Brunson is a stud and a flopper and that is what it is. Many in the current NBA are that way. Our young Pacers and franchise in general has had more success the past 30 years than your beloved Knicks. The front runner comment is very true. Jets fans and Knicks fans etc only show up running their mouths when things are going well. Most Jets fans were already buying their Super Bowl tickets and 4 minutes into game 1 they all went into the witness protection program. Same as the past 20 years for the Knicks. I just don't like when fans try to pump up their team by belittling their opponents. In doing so you are actually saying your team beat a much inferior team which they probably should.. They are the #2 seed correct?? If the Pacers make it to the next round by "luck" or magic or rubbing the Genie lamp I can guarantee it won't be a sweep. The will not win the series but they won't get swept. 

As far as NYC its my favorite city in the US and can't wait to get back there. 

Most teams in the NBA have had more success over the last 30 years than the Knicks so that's not saying much and please don't even get me started with the Jets.  As a Jets fan, I am just waiting for the sky to fall.  And yes, these Knicks are  #2 seed and they over-achieved to get there (injuries to Randle, OG, Mitch, etc. etc.) and that's why NY has fallen in love with this team.  As far as NYers being more front-runner than any other fans - sorry, but I have to disagree.  What fan speaks up when his team sucks?  Not me - I suffer in silence and wait for my moments to crow (and trust me when I tell you they have been far and few between).  And I don't hate this Pacers team (although Halliburton looks pretty heartless right now).  I hate Reggie Miller but that's another story entirely.   I appreciate your love for NYC and despite what some may think, I'm not here as a troll (although I've been trolling the last week - but as the string will show, I only joined in when I heard endless excuses for the Knicks wins in game 1 and 2).  I'm here because I became a huge fan of IU and Hoosier basketball during my daughter's four years in Bloomington.  She loves Bloomington and IU and so do I.  Let's go Knicks.  

• Like 1

On 5/14/2024 at 9:13 PM, IU Scott said:

The more I watch these playoffs the more it looks scripted. How a team could lead by 43 two days ago and today is down 18 with two to go in the half 

It looks scripted because anyone could tell you before the series that the Pacers are soft as tissue on defense and NY under Tibs have been one of the hardest playing teams in the NBA. Pacers are a pretty poor road team and still lack that dominant player that can carry a team on the road.

Hali is a nice point guard but disappears for significant stretches and entire games. He definitely isn’t our superstar to center the team around if we ever want to win a championship. All of this was evident before the series and outside the fact that we our suppose to have the superior bench and we have more size then NY and are getting whipped in both those areas…yeah it’s predictable.

Boston losing an uninspired home game to a much inferior foe is predictable…OKC showing youth is predictable…but the Minnesota/Denver series should show you it ain’t scripted…man that one has been eye opening how that one has swung.

Edited by dgambill