NBA Thread

On 11/15/2017 at 11:18 PM, FKIM01 said:

Holy cow...Oladipo is averaging 44% from deep?!!

Sabonis just looks great as well.  I get more and more confident that the Thunder got SCREWED on that trade.

The bonus for the Pacers on that trade is that I (and I'll bet many other Hoosiers) am/are watching professional basketball. I didn't watch a game last year.

This. I watched back to back games for the first time since Bird retired. Hadn't watched a Pacer game in 2 years.

22 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I've been wrong before, as indicated by my position on the trade at the time (though it still could play out differently), but IMO as of now and taking things like health out of the equation, when looking at the East post-LeBron that core is clearly behind the Celtics and Sixers, and most likely the Bucks and at least for a few years the Wizards and Raptors. Even the Knicks if they can make good moves going forward to add to Porzingas. 

I kind of see this Pacers young core similar to the Hawks the last 8 or so years with Horford, Teague, etc. Really good/solid regular season team, but pretty much a 2nd round and out team when it comes to the playoffs. 

Again, I could be wrong of course, just how I see it right now. I think Vic, Sabonis and Turner are really good young players, but I don't see super-star in any of them. Celtics, Sixers, Bucks, and maybe even Knicks already have that player on their rosters (taking health out of it), and you need that super-star to really advance deep in the playoffs. 

Turner is younger than everyone else in question, but I think he has Superstar type talent. I know the Pacers feel like he is more advanced at this age than anyone they've ever had. That's a question mark, but it isn't crazy to think he can be an elite player in two years. 

Just now, KoB2011 said:

Turner is younger than everyone else in question, but I think he has Superstar type talent. I know the Pacers feel like he is more advanced at this age than anyone they've ever had. That's a question mark, but it isn't crazy to think he can be an elite player in two years. 

He's not younger by much. He's in the same generation as Kyrie, Embid, Simmons, Greek Freak, Porzingas, etc. Remember, even Kyrie is still just 24. He's definitely younger than the Raptors key guys and the Wizards. 

I'll admit, I need to watch Turner more, and I will, but at this point I don't see him as that super-star level guy that's a go-guy on a legit contending team. 

11 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Now that is cool. I can't watch this game, would love to hear how they did guarding each other.

Vic pretty much won the evening. 

Regarding OG. Earlier in the week Kevin Durant was asked what rookie has impressed him the most? His reply was OG. I also saw on twitter that OG took time at halftime before going to locker room to go say hello to Rabby and another buddy (Rah). I'll repeat that I wish he was with us this year but boy so happy for him to go from torn ACL to 1st round draft to successful start in less than 1 year. 

NBA will never be appt tv for me but I'll admit this years Pacers are really fun to watch. 

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Vic pretty much won the evening. 

Regarding OG. Earlier in the week Kevin Durant was asked what rookie has impressed him the most? His reply was OG. I also saw on twitter that OG took time at halftime before going to locker room to go say hello to Rabby and another buddy (Rah). I'll repeat that I wish he was with us this year but boy so happy for him to go from torn ACL to 1st round draft to successful start in less than 1 year. 

NBA will never be appt tv for me but I'll admit this years Pacers are really fun to watch. 

Would love to have OG on this IU team, but yes very happy for how he’s progressing in Toronto. 

The guy I wonder about is Bryant. He seems to be doing well for the Lakers G-League team when he’s down there and has been on the NBA roster as well, but I wonder if a year with Archie (if he had bought in fully) forcing him to play defense, play more in the paint (though still allowing him to shoot from deep), and just holding him accountable would have propelled him into a 1st round pick. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Now that is cool. I can't watch this game, would love to hear how they did guarding each other.

Vo was to quick. But OG looks like a man!! OG will be a star in a year or two. two way player and just a freak athlete. VO might be the most determined player in the NBA, he is on a mission.

• Like 2

After watching the Pacers and Celtics tonight made me appreciate more how good of a coach Brad Stevens is.  This is the first time I really got to see them and besides Irving the Pacers roster is as good as the Celtics. Both teams had starters out with Victor out for the Pacers and Brown and Morris for the Celtics.  There are a lot of players on their roster who played I have never heard of.  Their second unit tonight are not championship caliber players but wit Stevens as coach he has them playing well.

7 hours ago, IU Scott said:

After watching the Pacers and Celtics tonight made me appreciate more how good of a coach Brad Stevens is.  This is the first time I really got to see them and besides Irving the Pacers roster is as good as the Celtics. Both teams had starters out with Victor out for the Pacers and Brown and Morris for the Celtics.  There are a lot of players on their roster who played I have never heard of.  Their second unit tonight are not championship caliber players but wit Stevens as coach he has them playing well.

Boston just doesn't knock on anybody's door.  

6 hours ago, Indykev said:

Have to think he's going to get a shot with the Lakers at some point soon. What's not to like about a 6'11" guy that can dribble, shoot from deep, finish at the rim, rebound, etc. Obviously needs work on defense, but he's a very skilled big that fits into today's NBA game really well. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The East is +2 against the West so far this season.

And, I swear I did not look this up until you answered, but the Pacers have had the 2nd ranked SOS so far.

http://www.espn.com/nba/stats/rpi/_/sort/SOS

The All-Star game has very little to do with conference head-to-head. There are more "stars" in the West to compete with.