NBA Thread

According to J. Michael(Pacers beat writer for the Indy Star) its reported that Pacers are not parting with Aaron Holiday in ANY deal unless they are extremely blown away(obtaining Conley is not a blown away offer).  His name was constant in just about every trade discussion that opposing teams wanted but the Pacers would decline any option that he was included in,  the Pacers believe he's the future of this team and can be an All-Star level. 

5 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

For conversation and info.  Read this the other day.  

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/06/why-nba-sign-and-trades-are-rare-2.html

Very informative, thanks for posting it.

Of those last 4 deals, the Clipper's acquisition of Galinari was a good one, seriously helped that team -- to see how rare that's becoming is interesting for sure

5 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

RJ Barrett or Clarke? 

Hard to say, the prospects after the few 2-3 are, on what we know, hard to separate. Some team may pick Garland, which to me seems silly on what he's shown - very little. Hunter looks pretty good.

Curious on Garland...that is the one that intrigues me.

14 minutes ago, rico said:

Who do you take at #4?  I see Zion and Morant and then nothing.

I like Barrett but he won't be there.  After that there's lots of guys to like but no one that's going to start on your team next year or any guaranteed guy in the years to come.  I like rui, culver and Hunter.  Just off the top of my head.  

No sense in getting rid of Turner and a puck for that 

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

RJ Barrett or Clarke? 

Hard to say, the prospects after the few 2-3 are, on what we know, hard to separate. Some team may pick Garland, which to me seems silly on what he's shown - very little. Hunter looks pretty good.

Not to single you out here, but I’m kind of confused on why Barrett seems to be getting short shrift compared to Zion and Morant (although I obviously think Zion is the better prospect).  The kid averaged 22-7-4... According to ESPN, that’s never been done by a freshman in college basketball history.  

He’s exactly the kind of scoring wing who can switch 1-4 on defense that is the most valuable position in the league these days.  Think of the best point guards in the league right now, then think of the best wings.  Who would you rather build your team around?  I’m surprised Barrett isn’t getting more consideration at #2.

50 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Not to single you out here, but I’m kind of confused on why Barrett seems to be getting short shrift compared to Zion and Morant (although I obviously think Zion is the better prospect).  The kid averaged 22-7-4... According to ESPN, that’s never been done by a freshman in college basketball history.  

He’s exactly the kind of scoring wing who can switch 1-4 on defense that is the most valuable position in the league these days.  Think of the best point guards in the league right now, then think of the best wings.  Who would you rather build your team around?  I’m surprised Barrett isn’t getting more consideration at #2.

I agree, that’s why I mentioned him. As I recall he started out really strong and the early talk was he may be better than Zion. Then he fell off a bit, can’t remember if he had an injury but I think he did, anyway he fell off some and Zion took off, but he has the potential to be really good.

3 hours ago, rico said:

Curious on Garland...that is the one that intrigues me.

He was really good but it was over a really small sample size, then missed the season. On what he showed - great handle with high level shooting, he’s what you want in a point. But I just can’t take that small of a sample size and draft him that high. That said he apparently has impressed in workouts 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

For those that follow more closely than I. Is it pretty much assumed Kawhi going to Lakers?

Not even remotely. The front runners are Toronto on a 1+1 or the Clippers long term. I can’t see Kawhi, with 2 Finals MVP’s, going to play 3rd star to LeBron and Davis. 

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Not even remotely. The front runners are Toronto on a 1+1 or the Clippers long term. I can’t see Kawhi, with 2 Finals MVP’s, going to play 3rd star to LeBron and Davis. 

Cool. Some cryptic tweets from Kuzma last night suggested Kawhi/Lakers. Probably reading a bit much into it. 

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Cool. Some cryptic tweets from Kuzma last night suggested Kawhi/Lakers. Probably reading a bit much into it. 

The other issue is that they’re just not going to have the money to add a player like Kawhi — it’s looking like they’re only going have about $24M in cap space, while the truly elite players command around $32M-$35M per year.  No superstar is gonna take a $10M haircut to play second fiddle to LeBron.

6 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

The other issue is that they’re just not going to have the money to add a player like Kawhi — it’s looking like they’re only going have about $24M in cap space, while the truly elite players command around $32M-$35M per year.  No superstar is gonna take a $10M haircut to play second fiddle to LeBron.

What kind of haircut cost 10M LOL!

1 hour ago, FW_Hoosier said:

My limited understanding is they've been clearing cap space all week to make it happen for either Kawhi or possibly Kyrie. 

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Right now they only have 24 million an don't have much else to trade

June 18 updates

lal.png&w=110&h=11011:35 p.m. ET: The Los Angeles Lakers are scrambling to reshape the parameters of the Anthony Davis trade with New Orleans and create the capacity for $32 million-plus in salary-cap space when the free-agent moratorium ends on July 6, league sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski. The Lakers were engaging additional teams on Tuesday to take on the contracts of three of the remaining four players on the team's roster -- Mo Wagner, Isaac Bonga and Jemerrio Jones -- league sources said. Kyle Kuzma and LeBron James are the only other two Lakers remaining on the team's end-of-season roster.