NBA Thread

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I saw now Harden would accept a trade to the Sixers so If I was in charge of the Rockets I would send him to Sacramento. I would tell him you can't tell me where to trade yu and you don't run this organization.  again just hate how the players in the NBA trying to run the organizations.

Well typically the top teams have few young assets and good draft picks to make a trade worth while.  I say send him to GS and he can team up with all the splash brothers and just see how many 3s they can Chuck.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Well typically the top teams have few young assets and good draft picks to make a trade worth while.  I say send him to GS and he can team up with all the splash brothers and just see how many 3s they can Chuck.

I say send him to a place that no players want to go and in the NBA that is Sacramento.

15 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I say send him to a place that no players want to go and in the NBA that is Sacramento.

Or Knicks. Problem is he has a player option and no team will trade unless he extends his contract...and he won’t do that unless he is happy. Catch 22.

Edited by dgambill

10 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Contenders I would watch for would be Miami, Nets obviously, Bucks, and my dark horse Pelicans...lots of young assets and who wants to wait for all them to develop.

I can't see Miami / Butler wanting Harden.... Nets make no sense to me, given that there's only one ball.... I can see the Pelicans or Bucks, though if I'm Greek Freak I really don't want Harden pounding the ball into the court either....

15 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I can't see Miami / Butler wanting Harden.... Nets make no sense to me, given that there's only one ball.... I can see the Pelicans or Bucks, though if I'm Greek Freak I really don't want Harden pounding the ball into the court either....

I think Miami is holding out for Gianis honestly so probably not. I just think if I’m a team like the Pelicans how do I keep all these young guys and not have them leave like AD and Cousins. You have to start building a culture. Maybe you move Zion or maybe Ball and Ingram or do something and then build around Harden now and a couple young guys into the future. But who knows....never rule out Boston or GS using their pieces plus a 3rd team to pull something off. Whatever the case NBA is about winning now. You always think your window is bigger than it really is. You can’t wait because the landscape changes so quickly.

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think Miami is holding out for Gianis honestly so probably not. I just think if I’m a team like the Pelicans how do I keep all these young guys and not have them leave like AD and Cousins. You have to start building a culture. Maybe you move Zion or maybe Ball and Ingram or do something and then build around Harden now and a couple young guys into the future. But who knows....never rule out Boston or GS using their pieces plus a 3rd team to pull something off. Whatever the case NBA is about winning now. You always think your window is bigger than it really is. You can’t wait because the landscape changes so quickly.

I would never want Harden on my team if you have another super star or looking to win a championship.

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I would never want Harden on my team if you have another super star or looking to win a championship.

Without multiple superstars...you just aren’t going to win a championship. For a few teams with one or none...sometimes it’s what you have to do to give you a shot at it. I’m not sure Harden style can win a championship but there are only 3-4 teams with a legit shot without him to win it...so you got to roll the dice sometimes. Guy can get so hot you never know. Certainly he has to adjust his game too if he is going to play with another star if he thinks he is going to win it all. I mean he was so close with Houston when Paul was there...an injury away honestly.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

The Pels will build around Zion, he looks like the real deal. No way they move him and definitely not for Harden.

8 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

The Pels will build around Zion, he looks like the real deal. No way they move him and definitely not for Harden.

They can add Harden to Zion if they move draft picks and say Ingram and Ball of another young player or two. I mean they are loaded with young guys. Take your pick if your Houston but if I’m New Orleans I look to add a ball dominant scorer to Zion...because you want to pull attention away...all the doubles and the special defenses Harden gets and his ability to drive would open up tons of open lanes for Zion. Plus Zion doesn’t need the ball much to create offense. Lot of put backs and would be great pick n roll. But look what Pelicans can work with.

PG Bledsoe, Ball, Kira Lewis

SG Hart, Redick

SF Ingram

PF Williamson, Jaxson Hayes

C Steven Adams, Hernangomez

But the real thing they have is tons of draft picks to offer. I can’t even list them all...so read this article. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thebirdwrites.com/platform/amp/2020/11/18/21574684/new-orleans-pelicans-future-nba-draft-pick-hoard-zion-williamson-los-angeles-lakers-milwaukee-bucks

In the next 3 years they have a boat load of first and second rd picks. They wouldn’t have to include much or maybe bring in a 3rd team to send picks to and move one of their players to Houston....like Sacramento. If I’m the Pelicans I do it. I can compete now and still have my star or stars if they can keep Ingram too for the future. Most importantly...you want to sell tickets and marketing...and Harden can help with that.

Edited by dgambill

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

They can add Harden to Zion if they move draft picks and say Ingram and Ball of another young player or two. I mean they are loaded with young guys. Take your pick if your Houston but if I’m New Orleans I look to add a ball dominant scorer to Zion...because you want to pull attention away...all the doubles and the special defenses Harden gets and his ability to drive would open up tons of open lanes for Zion. Plus Zion doesn’t need the ball much to create offense. Lot of put backs and would be great pick n roll. But look what Pelicans can work with.

PG Bledsoe, Ball, Kira Lewis

SG Hart, Redick

SF Ingram

PF Williamson, Jaxson Hayes

C Steven Adams, Hernangomez

But the real thing they have is tons of draft picks to offer. I can’t even list them all...so read this article. In the next 3 years they have a boat load of first and second rd picks. They wouldn’t have to include much or maybe bring in a 3rd team to send picks to and move one of their players to Houston....like Sacramento. If I’m the Pelicans I do it. I can compete now and still have my star or stars if they can keep Ingram too for the future.

I can definitely see them adding Harden with Zion, but not trading Zion.   Zion is a real building block, a young centerpiece. Harden? Houston just broke everything up for a reason. Together though that could be really effective 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I can definitely see them adding Harden with Zion, but not trading Zion.   Zion is a real building block, a young centerpiece. Harden? Houston just broke everything up for a reason. Together though that could be really effective 

My guess if I was New Orleans I would try to move say a combination of Lewis and Hayes and either Ball or Bledsoe plus picks...and depending on what Houston wants involve a 3rd team to get them a different piece or different draft picks but I think the goal would be to perhaps Bledsoe, Harden, Ingram, Zion, Adams with Redick and Hart off the bench....probably need a piece or two but that gets you playoffs and maybe out of the first rd. West is loaded and they need to get fan attention and build a winning program or their best stars will continue to walk or demand trades. After this year they could add to that core if it works or move Harden again maybe. You can’t just keep stock piling young talent...they need to grow and develop and you can’t win without experience and stars...so eventually you have to cash it in. If your NO you probably have to get a star by trade probably not FA. Maybe Harden isn’t it...but they could use a player of his ilk to lead that young group until they can win on their own.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, dgambill said:

Without multiple superstars...you just aren’t going to win a championship. For a few teams with one or none...sometimes it’s what you have to do to give you a shot at it. I’m not sure Harden style can win a championship but there are only 3-4 teams with a legit shot without him to win it...so you got to roll the dice sometimes. Guy can get so hot you never know. Certainly he has to adjust his game too if he is going to play with another star if he thinks he is going to win it all. I mean he was so close with Houston when Paul was there...an injury away honestly.

I think Harden can definitely be the best player on a championship team. He probably came the closest of anyone to beating the Dubs when they were full strength, and would have sans a CP3 injury. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I think Harden can definitely be the best player on a championship team. He probably came the closest of anyone to beating the Dubs when they were full strength, and would have sans a CP3 injury. 

Agreed. He needs the right cast around him. That Rocket team you are talking about was really good. Chris Paul just couldn’t stay healthy. I wouldn’t want to start my team with Harden but I think he can be the focal point of a championship caliber team if done right. He is no Russ Westbrook. He can score at an elite clip. Plus he gets to the foul line. Someone will bite to take him on. Worst case scenario is you are a playoff team that sells a lot of tickets.

Edited by dgambill

2 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

lol at those who tried to push the idea that the clips were going to part ways with PG. The continuing bashing of PG, by Pacers fans, really gets comically bad. 

I just saw a ranking of the top players in the league and they still had him 15th.  That’s still impressive.  I’m not sure I could recreate the link but it may be ESPN or CBS.  

5 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

lol at those who tried to push the idea that the clips were going to part ways with PG. The continuing bashing of PG, by Pacers fans, really gets comically bad. 

Wake me up when he gets a ring. Lots of guys get max contracts in the nba. A rich guy got richer.

Edited by dgambill