2019 coaching changes

rico

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, rico said:

John Brannen to UC....Kenyon Martin not happy about it.

The hell does KMart have against Brannen? I think it's a solid hire.  Local guy, great pedigree (played for Donovan at Marshall, assistant under Grant for a number of years), and good results at NKU. 

4 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

The hell does KMart have against Brannen? I think it's a solid hire.  Local guy, great pedigree (played for Donovan at Marshall, assistant under Grant for a number of years), and good results at NKU. 

He was campaigning for Van Exel....I think Brannen is a fine hire as well.

2 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

St. John's still looking. 

Good for Moser. Love his statement...

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/ct-spt-porter-moser-loyola-st-johns-20190416-story.html

I liked this:

“So many people in the profession said: ‘Are you kidding me? You can’t win at Loyola.’

A) Wonder how many people that said that have never coached in the Final Four? And then giving that "advice" to someone who actually has. 

B) Mark Few and Gregg Marshall wanted to say hello. 

5 minutes ago, Cutter said:

I know you guys are kidding and I would like to see Cheney, Lewis, Fife, Coverdale or Guyton on the staff

Why?  besides Fife nonE of the rest have been that successful as assistant coaches.  Also Coverdale is not even in coaching any longer and I think he is in the insurance business.

Just now, Cutter said:

I know you guys are kidding and I would like to see Cheney, Lewis, Fife, Coverdale or Guyton on the staff

Given that he's been in the DirOps role for a few years now, I'd say Elston would have first crack at that open slot. 

And as much as I'd like to see him back, Fife ain't happening.  If he's not waiting to take the reins at MSU when Izzo retires, I'm not sure what he's doing. 

3 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

St. John's still looking. 

Good for Moser. Love his statement...

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/ct-spt-porter-moser-loyola-st-johns-20190416-story.html

For those that don't know. Moser and his family are independently wealthy. No need for him to take a risk at a position like St. John's when another one will open up this year or the next or the next that suits him better. Shoot....if Underwood flames out we might see him at Illinois. Either way...good thing about Moser is none of his decisions will ever be $ based. 

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

For those that don't know. Moser and his family are independently wealthy. No need for him to take a risk at a position like St. John's when another one will open up this year or the next or the next that suits him better. Shoot....if Underwood flames out we might see him at Illinois. Either way...good thing about Moser is none of his decisions will ever be $ based. 

Andy Enfield type situation?

52 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Why?  besides Fife nonE of the rest have been that successful as assistant coaches.  Also Coverdale is not even in coaching any longer and I think he is in the insurance business.

52 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Cheney would be better for Indiana recruiting alone, hiring Watford to get his brother is short sighted at best. And where is the I want kids who want to be at Indiana thought. If we need to hire Christian just to get Trendon I would pass all day long

Just now, Cutter said:

Cheney would be better for Indiana recruiting alone, hiring Watford to get his brother is short sighted at best

The recruits today was not even born when Cheaney played at IU so I doubt he would have that much of an impact on recruiting.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The recruits today was not even born when Cheaney played at IU so I doubt he would have that much of an impact on recruiting.

It’s about Indiana connections to recruit the state. Hiring Christian reeks of desperation 

2 minutes ago, Cutter said:

It’s about Indiana connections to recruit the state 

What Cheaney did as a player would have no influence on how he could recruit as a coach.  I want coaches here who are know in the recruiting world who already have connections.  I am pretty sure he is not even in coaching today so why would you want to bring in a guy who has not coached for a few years.  Also it appears that Archie is doing a pretty good job of recruiting the state already with Romeo, RP, Anderson, TJD and Franklin.

Archived