BGleas has a Colorado connection

Shared with me on Saturday (April 27).  Exciting news.

He has a nephew who attends the University of Colorado.  Is finishing up his Freshman year.  Who is majoring in Journalism.  And was just named Sports Editor for the school newspaper.

CU Independent

I know many of you already know... however, if some may not be aware that BGleas worked for the Boston Celtics.  And I believe you will agree with me that he is a great member of Hoosier Sports Nation. Who has a ton to offer.  I have said this about other members :  "When he speaks.... you better listen".  Very true of BGleas, as well.

Just wanted to share with you, so you can join with me, in congratulations.

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Thanks for the kind words, Mile! I really appreciate it. We’re really excited for my nephew, he’s a great kid that works really hard! Really happy for a young persons who sets a goal, works hard, and it pays off. 

You are welcome.  A proud moment for sure.

3 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Sorry Mile ,but I think he gives too much love to the cow school in northern part of our state  , vbg !

HTD  Something must be wrong... as BGleas has nearly 1,000 more likes than posts.  Obviously not all agree with you. Not an attack on you.  Just pointing out a fact. vbg.... back at you. 

1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

Goes to show how online impressions can be wrong. Had BGleas pegged as being younger than having a nephew in the college age range.

Regardless, congrats to him.

You had it wrong? Two of us was off on this one.

BGleas posts are typically timely & well thought out. Suggestive of an intelligent middle aged woman. 

Being that Mile has referred to BGleas as “he”, that means I was only off on the woman part.

16 hours ago, Inequality said:

You had it wrong? Two of us was off on this one.

BGleas posts are typically timely & well thought out. Suggestive of an intelligent middle aged woman. 

Being that Mile has referred to BGleas as “he”, that means I was only off on the woman part.

Well, I'll be. I once heard of A Boy Named Sue

But I never heard of a gal named Brian.   

2 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

I guess that most readers of this forum have not fully read Gleas's. posts ? I have seen way too !much love for pee yew in his posts ! Especially right after one of my posts ! P S  , I have 37 more years of following college hoops than Glease does !!!!!!!

I drove through West Lafayette once. Guess that discredits all of my posts too.

Not that my posts ever contain that much credible information anyway, but... :coffee:

4 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

I drove through West Lafayette once. Guess that discredits all of my posts too.

Not that my posts ever contain that much credible information anyway, but... :coffee:

In all my travels from Gary to Bloomington, and back again, as a student at IU....I always made it a point  NOT to stop  in West Lafayette.  I have been in Greeley, Colorado to explore the campus of the University of Northern Colorado..... ONCE.  The smell from the cattle yards around Greeley, reminded me of the smell , I smelled, as I passed West Lafayette.  LOL

By the way... your posts are always either informative or funny.  Many times.... BOTH !   Glad you are a member of Hoosiers Sports Nation !

3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

In all my travels from Gary to Bloomington, and back again, as a student at IU....I always made it a point  NOT to stop  in West Lafayette.  I have been in Greeley, Colorado to explore the campus of the University of Northern Colorado..... ONCE.  The smell from the cattle yards around Greeley, reminded me of the smell , I smelled, as I passed West Lafayette.  LOL

By the way... your posts are always either informative or funny.  Many times.... BOTH !   Glad you are a member of Hoosiers Sports Nation !

I'm perfectly fine with being the Statler and/or Waldorf of the board... Lol

And the time I did go through West Lafayette was because of a wreck on I65 combined with construction in Lafayette. GPS routed me the long way around.

4 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Now wouldn't that be a real kick in the sac

I have spoken to HTD over the phone.  And can assure you, he is not the Black Knight from Lafayette.   However, I can also say... that HTD is a kick in the .... oh well. Even Rachel Ray got blooped today.   Be kind to HTD.  Despite his thoughts on Bgleas.... IS a treasure of Hoosier Sports Nation.

One of the many things I love about HSN ... is it's diversity of thought...when it is not being squelched, like on other IU boards.

10 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I had the unfortunate displeasure of passing by West Lafayette once a few years ago. I made sure I had provisions, a full tank, checked the oil, empty bladder.  And I gave the speedometer a speed test.......and I still smelled the stench. 

I can't say how much I appreciate your planning.  I never spent that much planning when passing West L.... ooh... I can't even say it all.... with out thinking about the stench.

4 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I have spoken to HTD over the phone.  And can assure you, he is not the Black Knight from Lafayette.   However, I can also say... that HTD is a kick in the .... oh well. Even Rachel Ray got blooped today.   Be kind to HTD.  Despite his thoughts on Bgleas.... IS a treasure of Hoosier Sports Nation.

One of the many things I love about HSN ... is it's diversity of thought...when it is not being squelched, like on other IU boards.

Appreciate the words about HTD, if it wasn’t for the way you and some other mods speak of him, there is no way I’d have the self control to ignore his nonsense. 

7 hours ago, BGleas said:

Appreciate the words about HTD, if it wasn’t for the way you and some other mods speak of him, there is no way I’d have the self control to ignore his nonsense. 

You are welcome.  Personally, whenever he goes over the top....in terms of PU..... I just ignore.  On the other hand, I can appreciate.  His old school dislike of that school.  I grew up with friends who felt the same way as he.  It's not easy, at times, when one attempts to placate all that love IU in their own way.  But I try... and will continue to do so. 

Archived