Remember When

It's off-season.  Since there is not a lot of current IU basketball news, I thought it might be fun to start a 'nostalgia' thread.  So, everyone search those memory banks for something that is permanently etched in your mind that is related to IU basketball.  

There are no limitations.  Video's, photos, quotes, etc. are all welcome.

Limit yourself to one contribution per day, so that everyone has an opportunity to post their own, and to limit duplication.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, mrflynn03 said:

When IU and UK played in the hoosier dome. I was at the game in 93. 

Dq83TZnWwAAFhXP.jpg

I was fortunate enough to go to 4 games in a row 93-96 at Hoosier Dome and in Louisville. Some great memories for sure. Loved seeing the 50/50 split crowd of GOOD vs EVIL

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I was fortunate enough to go to 4 games in a row 93-96 at Hoosier Dome and in Louisville. Some great memories for sure. Loved seeing the 50/50 split crowd of GOOD vs EVIL

Yep. Definitely something you had to see in person for full effect.  I'm lucky I was old enough at the time to be able to remember.  

3 minutes ago, morganmonroe said:

Favorite IU game ever.  Maryland was ranked, too.  Highlights:

14:28 - 14:33
30:58 - 31:10
49:00 - 49:48
55:20 - 55:35

Watched that game on Youtube a few weeks ago and it was one of the best games I have seen an IU team play.

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Watched that game on Youtube a few weeks ago and it was one of the best games I have seen an IU team play.

THIS.  For me, it was THE best I'd ever seen and maybe ever.  I remember Don Crique saying, "Unless they come up with a flat tire they just might be in Philadelphia."  I got chills when he said it because I was thinking the same thing.  That team - the last 8-10 games of the year - played the best stretch of IU basketball I ever saw.  They creamed everybody.  Should've beat North Carolina by 15 and held them under 50 points if it weren't for a last second cheap bucket.  

I remember as a young man watching the development of Brian Evans and then when he had his separated shoulder his sophomore year and just kept BATTLING, and then when he got DRAFTED, he was and is one of my all time favorite unsung Hoosiers. He embodied to me what a great “Hoosier” basketball player is and should be. I wish we had a couple guys like him on every team.

E6419B44-0AF4-4F57-B1C5-24892507EE39.jpeg

I was married and owned my first home...when AJ blocked this shot my wife and I yelled SO loud and I ran outside in the rain in Fort Wayne in a neighborhood over by Northrop HS and ran down the street in boxers and a shirt and my neighbor came to scream joy with me. It was AWESOME. I came back in side and my wife was still jumping up and down on the couch...

FA430B1C-4046-48CB-B1C0-E7D6D14ED54D.png

28 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Image result for picture of martha the mop ladyMemories of my child hood of watching IU basketball

^^^^This!!!  I cannot watch this without thinking of my young daughter.  Anytime Martha was on, no matter where in the house or whatever she was doing, she would run into the room and clap and dance to Martha and the IU fight song.  When finished she would always turn to me and tell me she was going to grow up and be the IU cleaning lady.  I truly truly cherish those memories.

1 hour ago, BADGERVOL said:

I was married and owned my first home...when AJ blocked this shot my wife and I yelled SO loud and I ran outside in the rain in Fort Wayne in a neighborhood over by Northrop HS and ran down the street in boxers and a shirt and my neighbor came to scream joy with me. It was AWESOME. I came back in side and my wife was still jumping up and down on the couch...

FA430B1C-4046-48CB-B1C0-E7D6D14ED54D.png

I watched this game at a friends house. There were a lot of guys there and we were way too rowdy. At some point in the 2nd half my friend said that if IU wins he will run around the block in his underwear. So of course after the game he ran around the block in his underwear and was promptly grounded by his wife for 6 months.

5 hours ago, morganmonroe said:

THIS.  For me, it was THE best I'd ever seen and maybe ever.  I remember Don Crique saying, "Unless they come up with a flat tire they just might be in Philadelphia."  I got chills when he said it because I was thinking the same thing.  That team - the last 8-10 games of the year - played the best stretch of IU basketball I ever saw.  They creamed everybody.  Should've beat North Carolina by 15 and held them under 50 points if it weren't for a last second cheap bucket.  

That Maryland team wasn't good...they were damn good.  We curb stomped them.

Archived