Chris Holtman at OSU vs Archie Miller at IU

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Were you the caller on the DD show about 2:15 who got on there and started ripping Archie and saying he should be gone.  also asked DD if he thought Archie should be fired and DD ripped his butt and told him to get off his line.

the thing is is that around 1230 Dan ripped Archie and said he couldn't coach.  

We endured 9 years of roller coaster with Crean. If we forgo the first 2 years of Crean, that's still 7 years. Why can't we give time and proper support to Archie? I think Archie should get a free pass for his first season at IU. He did underachieve in the past season; wish he learned how to control egos and jealousy in the locker room. I believe it was the first time he had to deal with it because all players he had at Dayton were 2~3 star blue collar type players. 

5 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

We endured 9 years of roller coaster with Crean. If we forgo the first 2 years of Crean, that's still 7 years. Why can't we give time and proper support to Archie? I think Archie should get a free pass for his first season at IU. He did underachieve in the past season; wish he learned how to control egos and jealousy in the locker room. I believe it was the first time he had to deal with it because all players he had at Dayton were 2~3 star blue color type players. 

I want blue collar 4 and high 3 stars 

21 minutes ago, Long Duk Dong said:

I want blue collar 4 and high 3 stars 

Next season:

"Why can't Archie ever get 5 stars/McDonalds All- Americans?"

"It's embarrassing to see Mr. Basketball go out of state.  I can't believe IU can't recruit at that level."

"I thought my Breaking Away royalty checks would be a lot larger."

10 minutes ago, Bedford1432 said:

Holtmann is also killing us right now on the recruiting trail. Just got another top 60 verbal. 

Emphasis on right now.  Next week, you could be saying the exact opposite.  Recruiting ebbs and flows.  That's true with any program...even Kensucky.

22 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

Hey man, then you'll be the first one to criticize Archie's recruiting if we lose to teams of high 4 stars and 5 stars.

Well the theory is that once you start winning more and more, high 4 star and an occasional 5 star will will be added to the mix.

I'm kind of done with chasing one and done players.  I like what UNC, Virginia and Nova does.

57 minutes ago, Bedford1432 said:

Holtmann is also killing us right now on the recruiting trail. Just got another top 60 verbal. 

Holtmann didn't want the IU job. Didn't want to deal with the fishbowl that Archie is dealing with now. At some point the fans have to realize not every coach is up for the challenge of coaching at IU. It's time to start appreciating the guys who are. I would argue it's one of the most difficult jobs in the country (because of the fans expectations and the attention the program gets). 

Archived