Luke Goode (2021) Commits to Illinois

Just now, DC2345 said:

Scroll up to the top of the last page.

You have info on it though? There’s been other people on other sites and other insiders saying that he probably won’t get an offer. I’d love if he did but I’m just not sold he’s going to yet

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, dgambill said:

Is the offer to Luke a sign that Wesley or Muhammad are getting away?? I mean we have offers out to both those guys and with who we have in the fold already are we really taking more than one guard in the 21 class?

They are different types of players. Wesley I don’t think is IU bound. Muhammad I believe is good enough they will find a spot for him one way or another.

1 minute ago, HoosierKix said:

You have info on it though? There’s been other people on other sites and other insiders saying that he probably won’t get an offer. I’d love if he did but I’m just not sold he’s going to yet

I stated what IUwins0708 had said and then you asked him the same exact thing. The info I had stated came from him.

41 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

They are different types of players. Wesley I don’t think is IU bound. Muhammad I believe is good enough they will find a spot for him one way or another.

I have read that Wesley is likely Notre Dame.   Thought we made a strong impression during his visit.  

3 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

I'm actually pissed off we haven't offered him yet. Don't know why we're not all over this kid. Top 100 nationally and multiple B10 schools going after him including MSU and Maryland. Archie needs to offer this kid right now before it's too late. 

Took them awhile to offer Leal and Galloway and we still go them

34 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Took them awhile to offer Leal and Galloway and we still go them

I wonder with the commitments form Lander and now Furst if that might accelerate the process a little bit.  I know those two do not mean everyone will commit quickly, but I am sure it is in Archie and the coaching staff mind that, hey these guys are coming off the board.

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

But there are a few more suitors  lined up for Goode

maybe Archie does not plan on offering him.  I watched a few highlights from his high school games and he looks pretty good but would not be a huge loss if we don't get him.

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

But there are a few more suitors  lined up for Goode

True. If I remember right, Kansas was pushing Galloway to delay his commitment to IU. It wasn’t a bare cupboard for either. 

I digress, Archie please offer this young man!

36 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Yes offer soon and the commit will happen soon

What we love about Archie we hated about Crean though. Archie is smart and picky about his offers. On the tv show the voice John legend only turns around for the absolute best so he isn’t stuck with someone who has no chance at making it. If he isn’t ready to pull the trigger it’s for good reason. He knows better than most of us on evaluating talent.

27 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

What we love about Archie we hated about Crean though. Archie is smart and picky about his offers. On the tv show the voice John legend only turns around for the absolute best so he isn’t stuck with someone who has no chance at making it. If he isn’t ready to pull the trigger it’s for good reason. He knows better than most of us on evaluating talent.

I agree and if you wait too long or put all hope in 1 recruit you end up with 2 open scholarships and no shooters.

I would rather use 1 on a known commodity than to save it. 

There is enough talent I. The 21 and 22 classes to afford a miss but if we.dont bring in some shooters and we had 1 dying to be a Hoosier it will hurt

6 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I agree and if you wait too long or put all hope in 1 recruit you end up with 2 open scholarships and no shooters.

I would rather use 1 on a known commodity than to save it. 

There is enough talent I. The 21 and 22 classes to afford a miss but if we.dont bring in some shooters and we had 1 dying to be a Hoosier it will hurt

But behind the scenes he may already know of a shooter that he’s confident in getting? Also if Goode hasn’t been a great shooter then that maybe has pushed Archie away. If you have one Job to do and you aren’t unreal at it then you shouldn’t be offered.

Numbers are from MaxPreps.  They don't scream shooter to  me.

# Gms Min. PPG FG% 3FG% FT% RBG Asst Stls Blk
Goode, Luke '21 19-20 22 n.a. 17.4 43% 30% 77% 7 3 1 1
    18-19 24 n.a. 14.9 40% 35% 72% 6 2 1 1
    17-18 26 n.a. 7.6 39% 38% 82% 3 1 0 0

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

I’m told an offer will come following his season.  I was also told he’d have an offer by now too.  So take it for what it’s worth.

Edit-After is season and our season is over that is.  Shortly after

But based off the stats above do you think he is worthy of an offer? If he is suppose to be a sharpshooter then offering him isn’t appealing to me personally.

1 minute ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

But based off the stats above do you think he is worthy of an offer? If he is suppose to be a sharpshooter then offering him isn’t appealing to me personally.

Stats don’t always tell the story.  I use my eyes.  Kid is very deserving.  

9 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Stats don’t always tell the story.  I use my eyes.  Kid is very deserving.  

When your the focal point of the defense it can be much harder to shoot the high percentage...not quite where I’d like him to be, but I don’t know his team makeup...is it him and decent players or does he have some good teammates?

2 hours ago, gnet550 said:

When your the focal point of the defense it can be much harder to shoot the high percentage...not quite where I’d like him to be, but I don’t know his team makeup...is it him and decent players or does he have some good teammates?

He’s got some good teammates.  

Archived