Jump to content

Luke Goode (2021) Commits to Illinois


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Fort Wayne kid playing up a year this weekend with the U17 Indy Heat.  I thought that was a major statement about his progress.  Starting a thread as there is IU interest.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-2021-names-to-know-luke-goode/

No offense TDH but watched that whole highlight video of Furst vs Goode and Goode didn’t hit a single FG and Furst had a few put backs...worst highlight video ever lol!! Even showed them bricking a few shots ha! I know they are “Goode” players but that didn’t show it lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks TDH for the article.  A shooting guard ? From Indiana ?  Kids from Indiana have shooting in their blood.  Anybody can have an off night. Just look at Romeo, shooting threes last year. Post surgery, Romeo will get that corrected.  Back to Luke, certainly a kid Coach Miller needs at least to put on the board, and have Ed keep track of. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Thanks TDH for the article.  A shooting guard ? From Indiana ?  Kids from Indiana have shooting in their blood.  Anybody can have an off night. Just look at Romeo, shooting threes last year. Post surgery, Romeo will get that corrected.  Back to Luke, certainly a kid Coach Miller needs at least to put on the board, and have Ed keep track of. 

This is the thing about Indiana basketball...there are just more good guards in this state than we can recruit year in and out. I can see people getting upset we might get it wrong occasionally when one goes off against us but honestly there is nothing Archie can do when there are more quality guards in this state than you can shake a stick at. Now forwards and centers...those are a little more special and I can see prioritizing them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, dgambill said:

No offense TDH but watched that whole highlight video of Furst vs Goode and Goode didn’t hit a single FG and Furst had a few put backs...worst highlight video ever lol!! Even showed them bricking a few shots ha! I know they are “Goode” players but that didn’t show it lol.

I agree.  It's the best that's out there right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

I agree.  It's the best that's out there right now.

No worries lol...I kept waiting to see something and all I kept seeing was that little guard on his team making play after play lol. No worries I appreciate bringing this kid to our attention.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some news on Luke Goode (pronounced Goodey)

-Is best friends with Caleb Furst

-They want to play together

-His father played football at IU

-His uncle is Trent Green

-He and his family want him to play at IU

-He is "mad" that IU has not offered him yet

-Family is concerned that because IU just landed Galloway and likely to land Leal - Archie may not want another 6'5 white shooting guard from Indiana

-As a sophomore he played substantial minutes as varsity quarterback for Homestead. Very good QB that is "tough as nails". 

 

Going to catch a lot of his football and basketball games this year. Will keep everyone updated. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Some news on Luke Goode (pronounced Goodey)

-Is best friends with Caleb Furst

-They want to play together

-His father played football at IU

-His uncle is Trent Green

-He and his family want him to play at IU

 -He is "mad" that IU has not offered him yet

-Family is concerned that because IU just landed Galloway and likely to land Leal - Archie may not want another 6'5 white shooting guard from Indiana

-As a sophomore he played substantial minutes as varsity quarterback for Homestead. Very good QB that is "tough as nails". 

 

Going to catch a lot of his football and basketball games this year. Will keep everyone updated. 

Thanks for the info. 

Any idea on our chances with Furst? Some seem to think he's a Purdue lean.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Some news on Luke Goode (pronounced Goodey)

-Is best friends with Caleb Furst

-They want to play together

-His father played football at IU

-His uncle is Trent Green

-He and his family want him to play at IU

-He is "mad" that IU has not offered him yet

-Family is concerned that because IU just landed Galloway and likely to land Leal - Archie may not want another 6'5 white shooting guard from Indiana

-As a sophomore he played substantial minutes as varsity quarterback for Homestead. Very good QB that is "tough as nails". 

 

Going to catch a lot of his football and basketball games this year. Will keep everyone updated. 

Did you interview him, or what is your source?   If you talked to him, would IU having Galloway, Franklin, and maybe Leal scare him away, or is he fine with having those guys as teammates?  

Archie didn’t offer Galloway and Leal until the spring of their junior years.  That gives Goode some time.  I’m sure Archie has told him directly what’s going on.  So, it’s hard for me to believe they are that high maintenance especially with athletes in the family.  The high maintenance ones tend to be the ones to worry about.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lander

1 of Furst or Kauffman

1 of Goode/Wesley/Konieczny

That would be my dream class. IU is going to be in a deep battle with not only in-state Purdue, but Ohio St, Michigan St, and possibly Duke/UNC/UK for Furst. If the rumors above are true about Furst and Goode wanting to play together, an offer and early commit from Goode could go a long way in securing a commitment from Furst. In the event we land Goode and it doesn’t net a commitment from Furst, still a good get so long as IU is able to land Kauffman and Lander.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Not sure why being 'white' has anything to do with it. If you can play, you can play. 

For sure, but probably just quoting someone close to the recruit.  Appears the gist of that comment is over concern of duplication of game/position and that's a legit concern in the 2-3 positions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve never known Indiana having a problem with too many white guys lol. Too many guards...maybe I can see that.

honestly I too find it not necessary for more than 1 guard in this class if Lander commits. Naturally we would likely see him and Rob playing a lot together and then Leal/Galloway/Armaan at the 3rd guard spot...hopefully next to two talented bigs like Kaufman and Furst. If we need to take Goode to get Furst that would be a no brainer but let’s be honest come recruiting I rarely see that happen with two for one deals...usually the better player goes where he wants not where his friend goes...so I doubt that. Imo Lander and Kaufman will be the prize of the class...that will be my dream scenerio with whomever follows...no doubt we will still need another big though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I’ve never known Indiana having a problem with too many white guys lol. Too many guards...maybe I can see that.

honestly I too find it not necessary for more than 1 guard in this class if Lander commits. Naturally we would likely see him and Rob playing a lot together and then Leal/Galloway/Armaan at the 3rd guard spot...hopefully next to two talented bigs like Kaufman and Furst. If we need to take Goode to get Furst that would be a no brainer but let’s be honest come recruiting I rarely see that happen with two for one deals...usually the better player goes where he wants not where his friend goes...so I doubt that. Imo Lander and Kaufman will be the prize of the class...that will be my dream scenerio with whomever follows...no doubt we will still need another big though.

Yeah, package deals rarely happen. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From TDH's original article,  Goode is "known as a sharpshooter".  Although similar in size to Galloway, from what I've read, Trey would seem to compliment a shooter like that. Maybe Leal is more similar, and that could cause some congestion from roster management, but they're different classes. Videos look like a Matt Mcquaid from MSU.

It's just hard not to like an elite Indiana kid that loves IU and is known as a shooter. Especially one from the Fort!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

Goode would probably be in a worst spot at Purdue if he's worried about guards in front of him at IU. Newman, Hunter, Ivey, Sasha.

He would be in a worse spot at Purdue because he would be in West Lafayette.  :coffee:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • KDB changed the title to Luke Goode (2021) Commits to Illinois

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.




×
×
  • Create New...