Damezi in his 2nd year

If he's a business major, the best time for an athlete to complete I-Core (Integrated Core) is during the summer. 

Kelley's undergrad program requires you to take Marketing 370, Finance 370, Operations 370 and Strategic Management 370 (class numbers may have changed...that's what they were 13 years ago) all concurrently.  They also have one single integrated "final exam", which is a team case project that requires over a week of 5-6 people working constantly to complete.  Not really compatible with class/game schedules. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 things Justin Smith needs this next year to make the "Jump".

1.  He has to soften up his hands.  If he cannot catch a pass from anyone, he is never making the jump.

2. Increase Basketball IQ.  The kids makes mistakes at the worst possible time.  Same thing for Green. 

He has decent defensive skills and has the motor and athleticism to beat anyone to the rim.

49 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

1.  He has to soften up his hands.  If he cannot catch a pass from anyone, he is never making the jump.

2. Increase Basketball IQ.  The kids makes mistakes at the worst possible time.  Same thing for Green. 

He has decent defensive skills and has the motor and athleticism to beat anyone to the rim.

On the bolded, I'd say more than anything he needs to spend considerable time working on his handles. The biggest thing holding him back from being a monster going to the basket are his hands/tough (to your point) and his ballhandling. 

1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I would say his motor is highly inconsistent.  When things are going well, it's there.  But a couple of rough plays and he tends to pout and dog it out there.  And not once or twice.  This was a problem.  

He can be a menace on the court if he puts it together.  We could use it.  Unlike last year, if he doesn't show the smarts and mental toughness we need, I hope Archie has the guts to more consistently introduce him to the bench.  

16 hours ago, dgambill said:

The big question I have is how do we handle the 12-15 minutes a game when Rob sits. Al has no play making ability and while he can handle the ball he is not really a guy that is going to initiate the offense and make plays for others. Green certainly has the handles and skills to make plays but he still hasn’t shown he can play under control and make smart decisions. I’m really hoping he can mature this offseason and bring that portion of his game up to the improved shooting he had at the end of the year last year. If Smith doesn’t make that leap we have other options...Green however is going to be the biggest reason if we have a successful season or not. We are counting on guys like Rob and Jerome and others but to take that next leap to the tournament it will be Green I think the biggest reason.

I agree that Green will be big for us next year, but I'm thinking Durham will be our biggest asset. He did a lot of "coaching" on the floor last year and I think he takes a much bigger leadership role. His consistency is going to help anchor our back court on both ends. My prediction is Durham and Davis emerge as our enforcers.

Archived