IU spends most on Recruiting

2 minutes ago, hoosierhoosier said:

How much is being spent under Miller compared to how much under Crean?  I cannot read the article.

Crean was notorious for flying in the private jets, doesn't seem like this is Miller's approach

With our signees and targets, CAM does not need a private jet. he can UBER or if trying to get in better shape maybe even jog to do in homes

6 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

With our signees and targets, CAM does not need a private jet. he can UBER or if trying to get in better shape maybe even jog to do in homes

I guess that is why i am confused.  Crean had that manic, you have to be everywhere always approach.  It doesn't seem like Miller is doing that, i would be surprised if the expenses are the same for each coach....if they are what is making them so high?

8 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

With 8 of the last 10 commits being Indiana kids, I can’t see the travel expenditures being very much.

7 minutes ago, hoosierhoosier said:

I guess that is why i am confused.  Crean had that manic, you have to be everywhere always approach.  It doesn't seem like Miller is doing that, i would be surprised if the expenses are the same for each coach....if they are what is making them so high?

That is what I was wondering as well. I am happy with the approach CAM is taking but was shocked we were #1. Gotta be ranked #1 at something right?? 😀

16 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

With 8 of the last 10 commits being Indiana kids, I can’t see the travel expenditures being very much.

They re still flying to all of the summer events to show these kids how important they are to IU.  Even though they are form Indiana you don't just have time to just recruit during the high school year so they do most of the recruiting in the summer.

1 minute ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

This makes more sense - thanks Gleas.

Absolutely! To clarify more though, from what I've gathered from headlines and tweets (couldn't read the entire article), IU did lead in 2018 alone, though again that's just public universities. 

Archived