CCGeneral

I thought I would post this here as it usually is the most active...and I want to make sure people see this.  I just found out that CCGeneral passed away.  Maybe some of you don't remember CCGeneral but he was an important part of HSN when we first started and was one of our original moderators. While we didn't speak much the last couple of years, I have always thought highly of him.  He was a passionate Hoosier fan and supported our teams with enthusiasm.  He was the king of the the recruiting forum.  He was a proud veteran and father.  Probably the best thing you can say at the end of the day is that he was a good guy. *sigh*  He will be missed. 

He moved over to Btownbanners when we had our split a while back and has been a solid poster over there.  If you remember him go on over there and say something.  http://btownbanners.com/topic/12178-rip-brother-ccgeneral/

CC

2 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Until Valhalla. 

My Scandinavian blood just went through the roof! Will miss CCGeneral, but in truth we here in HSN were already missing him! There are other former posters we miss as well! People in our lives come and go, wish them well all!! Whish them no ill will! RIP CCgeneral!! May God watch over all you cared for! 

12 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

My Scandinavian blood just went through the roof! Will miss CCGeneral, but in truth we here in HSN were already missing him! There are other former posters we miss as well! People in our lives come and go, wish them well all!! Whish them no ill will! RIP CCgeneral!! May God watch over all you cared for! 

The passing of LafHoosier, a few years back, hit me hard. I don't know if you remember him. Another great HSN member, and IU fan, who lived in enemy territory.  Who blessed me with a visit to my house, one summer, here in Colorado,  along with his beautiful wife, daughter and son-in-law.

It's truly amazing. The people we have met and got to know over the years.

Gary, may be gone. But he will not be forgotten.

Many thanks to CC for starting this tribute thread. 

7 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

The passing of LafHoosier, a few years back, hit me hard. I don't know if you remember him. Another great HSN member, and IU fan, who lived in enemy territory.  Who blessed me with a visit to my house, one summer, here in Colorado,  along with his beautiful wife, daughter and son-in-law.

It's truly amazing. The people we have met and got to know over the years.

Gary, may be gone. But he will not be forgotten.

Many thanks to CC for starting this tribute thread. 

Funny thing is that I was thinking about LafHoosier the other day. I really enjoyed his posts. I do not remember CC but I want to express my condolences to his family and friends. You never know when the man upstairs will call you home and as I get older I think about that everyday. Time does fly by and the older you get the faster it goes. 

15 hours ago, jefftheref said:

Funny thing is that I was thinking about LafHoosier the other day. I really enjoyed his posts. I do not remember CC but I want to express my condolences to his family and friends. You never know when the man upstairs will call you home and as I get older I think about that everyday. Time does fly by and the older you get the faster it goes. 

Good thoughts, thank you. 

We all live day to day. Life is precious. Live life, enjoy the people here and around you. Peace 

• 4 months later...
25 minutes ago, Tammi (Overley) Peters said:

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I am CCGeneral's sister, Tammi (Overley) Peters. 

https://www.eddyfuneralhomes.com/obituary/Gary-OverleyJr

Thank you Tammi.  Really appreciate your share. As you found out, Gary was a well respected member.

Hope that you able to stay around in the future. If nothing more than to honor your brother's memory.   We are a close knit community here.  As you found out. We don't forget. And I would like to welcome you as a member here.

1 hour ago, Tammi (Overley) Peters said:

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I am CCGeneral's sister, Tammi (Overley) Peters. 

https://www.eddyfuneralhomes.com/obituary/Gary-OverleyJr

Glad you stopped by to this random internet community of friends and family that never actually meet each other(sometimes does happen) but we go through lots of ups and downs with each other.  Share in our births and our deaths.  I am sorry for your loss.  He was super respected here and you could tell he was a man of high character who's words carried weight.  

Archived