Latest Lunardi brackets

IU Scott

29 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Has us now as a 7th seed out west playing 10th seeded Arkansas.

Lunardi may be the slickest, sharpest guy in the World. I mean, he's created a career as a "bracketologist" (the "science" of brackets), including during the entire season, when everything he does is pure unbridled speculation, and despite that he's generally been flat out terrible at it, and he's getting paid! Genius.

10 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Lunardi may be the slickest, sharpest guy in the World. I mean, he's created a career as a "bracketologist" (the "science" of brackets), including during the entire season, when everything he does is pure unbridled speculation, and despite that he's generally been flat out terrible at it, and he's getting paid! Genius.

Not as bad as Crean who has made 10s of millions to "coach" basketball.

5 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Not as bad as Crean who has made 10s of millions to "coach" basketball.

Sorry in advance for the thread hijacking, but... Crean has had high-level success at multiple prominent DI schools.  As far as his profession goes, he’s in the top 1%.  The guy has earned every penny.  Can’t compare him to a guy like Lunardi.

21 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Sorry in advance for the thread hijacking, but... Crean has had high-level success at multiple prominent DI schools.  As far as his profession goes, he’s in the top 1%.  The guy has earned every penny.  Can’t compare him to a guy like Lunardi.

Guys, let's keep this thread on topic. In this bracket, where would we be seeded if IU hired Mack or Holtmann? 😀

32 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

This! 

The Crean is an 'idiot' or no a good bball coach stuff is so far off base and absurd. While maybe not elite enough for IU, UK, Duke, UNC, Kansas, etc., the guy is one of the best coaches in college basketball. He's a legit, top-tier, though not elite, high major basketball coach. 

52 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

top 1%?  How many d-1 teams are there?  360something.  So he's in the the top 3.6 of all d1 coaches?  Nope.  He is probably in the top 20% of d1 coaches.  

7 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

top 1%?  How many d-1 teams are there?  360something.  So he's in the the top 3.6 of all d1 coaches?  Nope.  He is probably in the top 20% of d1 coaches.  

Right, but there are more than 360 coaches that are trying, or want, to be D1 coaches. The pool is larger than 360 in the industry, that's just how many actual jobs there are. 

21 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I was going to split the difference and say 10%. 

Out of however many coaches have been in D1 basketball over the years, only 152 have been to a Final Four, he's one of them (yes, he caught lightning in a bottle with Wade, but still, it happened).  He's won either two or three major conference titles (all depends on your opinion of C-USA circa 2003).  He's got nearly a 60% career winning percentage (62% if you throw out that first year at IU, where Jesus Christ himself would have been lucky to go .500). 

"Elite"? Just short of it, I'd say.  Above average? Absolutely.  I've said it before, but UGA is one of the ideal spots for him.  They'd like to see a successful basketball program......but it's mainly a distraction until its time for spring football.  Make the tournament 3 out of every 5 years, sneak in a conference title 1 out of every 7 or 8 and he'll have a job for life. 

43 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I was looking at it as the entire population of people who are employed as basketball coaches at any level.  Most definitely in the top 1% there.

5 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

I was looking at it as the entire population of people who are employed as basketball coaches at any level.  Most definitely in the top 1% there.

Yep. Problem is we have 2-3000 coaches around the state that since they spent time coaching frosh hoops they suddenly know more. 

Archived