Do you Taco Bell ?

milehiiu

4 hours ago, Drroogh said:

I made some copycat Taco Bell this week, does that count? Actually turned out really good!

What did you make?  I've done crunchwraps at home. 

Also copy Arbys beef and cheddar but I like mine better because I use better quality meat. 

Nearest taco bell and arbys is 20 minutes away. So if I get a craving I improvise. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

What did you make?  I've done crunchwraps at home. 

Also copy Arbys beef and cheddar but I like mine better because I use better quality meat. 

Nearest taco bell and arbys is 20 minutes away. So if I get a craving I improvise. 

I made Taco Bell taco meat and then made burritos by adding refried beans queso hot sauce in a tortilla!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Starting August 13, Taco Bell is retiring some of its old favorites: 7-Layer Burrito, Nachos Supreme, Grilled Steak Soft Taco, Beefy Fritos Burrito, Spicy Tostada, Triple Layer Nachos, Spicy Potato Soft Taco, Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes, Loaded Grillers (Cheesy Potato, Beefy Nacho), Chips & Dips, and the Mini Skillet Bowl.

You have got to be kidding me....😡

3 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Starting August 13, Taco Bell is retiring some of its old favorites: 7-Layer Burrito, Nachos Supreme, Grilled Steak Soft Taco, Beefy Fritos Burrito, Spicy Tostada, Triple Layer Nachos, Spicy Potato Soft Taco, Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes, Loaded Grillers (Cheesy Potato, Beefy Nacho), Chips & Dips, and the Mini Skillet Bowl.

I am with Coach Crean. Pleased to see that the Burrito Supreme is not on that list.

9 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Nachos Supreme?  😟

Just now, dbmhoosier said:

Nachos Supreme?  😟

I could do without them... as Mrs. mile makes a good substitute. Actually better.  Called taco buildup.  So good that it was printed in the Denver Post a few years back.  However... I am with Coach Crean..... don't mess with my Buritto Supreme !   LOL

42 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Good news in that at least two of the retirees are in the Kopy cat links above. You can always make your own!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I am sad. For the first time ever, I went to del taco instead of taco bell. I have been eating at taco bell since 1975. I figured I have eaten at taco bell over 2000 times. Seriously. 

In the 1980's my favorite item was the bell burger then it got cancelled ☹️. So I went to my next favorite the big beef burrito then it got cancelled. ☹️ I then went with a chicken taco and a tostada then they got cancelled. ☹️ Then I went to the Mexican pizza and now that for cancelled.☹️ Nothing left but beef tacos so might as well try Del Taco.

The new CEO is causing some waves. I hope he doesn't ruin the company.

14 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

I am sad. For the first time ever, I went to del taco instead of taco bell. I have been eating at taco bell since 1975. I figured I have eaten at taco bell over 2000 times. Seriously. 

In the 1980's my favorite item was the bell burger then it got cancelled ☹️. So I went to my next favorite the big beef burrito then it got cancelled. ☹️ I then went with a chicken taco and a tostada then they got cancelled. ☹️ Then I went to the Mexican pizza and now that for cancelled.☹️ Nothing left but beef tacos so might as well try Del Taco.

The new CEO is causing some waves. I hope he doesn't ruin the company.

I am with you. All of my items are off the menu. My wife wants Taco Bell for dinner tonight do I will bring it for her and Ayden and I will eat leftovers. That's sad

• Sad 1

Not anymore. They've made me mad yet again. I've been 3 yrs with no Taco Bell before because of their dumb doritos locos menu.  Their constant menu changes is tiresome. 

We went one last time before the change. At the end of the day it's some crap wrapped in a tortilla or put in/on a shell. They literally already have all the ingredients to make anything that was on the menu. It's the same 7ish ingredients just in different combinations.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Not anymore. They've made me mad yet again. I've been 3 yrs with no Taco Bell before because of their dumb doritos locos menu.  Their constant menu changes is tiresome. 

We went one last time before the change. At the end of the day it's some crap wrapped in a tortilla or put in/on a shell. They literally already have all the ingredients to make anything that was on the menu. It's the same 7ish ingredients just in different combinations.  

I hear you about the constant menu changes. However... I  most often stay basic.  If the wine comes to the U.S... gonna have to give it a try.

We have a Taco Bell, and a Del Taco about equal distance from the mile house. One East the other West.  I have liked Del Taco, but have not been there for years. 

Just West of our Local Taco Bell. We have a Torchy's Tacos.  Perhaps the best Mexican food among the three. AND they have a bar serving adult beverages.

Torchy's Tacos

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I try to avoid it and it had been a couple of years.  But, went through Taco Bell drive-through a couple of weeks ago.  Me, wife, daughter ordered.  Son was not with us.  Got home, unpacked, and had 9 extra tacos in the bag.  Only thing I can think of is they added the order to the car behind us to ours.  Anyway, my original order was 3 tacos.  I also ate two of the extras, but quite honestly, they were the nastiest tacos I've ever eaten.  I'm not sure I ever will go back.

I'm used to getting my taco fix from a hole in the wall Mexican place a couple of blocks from work.  Fantastic tacos.  And my wife makes good ones as well.

Taco Bell?  🤮

• Like 1