Arkansas Game Thread

KDB

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Devonte Green can be an explosive scorer but I give him an F for understanding situational basketball, particularly time and score decision making.   Literally an F.   This isn’t a one time thing.  It’s like he doesn’t have any training in understanding how to adjust depending on the situation.  It’s like he doesn’t even think about it.   That will kill you down the stretch unless he sees the light.   

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Devonte Green can be an explosive scorer but I give him an F for understanding situational basketball, particularly time and score decision making.   Literally an F.   This isn’t a one time thing.  It’s like he doesn’t have any training in understanding how to adjust depending on the situation.  It’s like he doesn’t even think about it.   That will kill you down the stretch unless he sees the light.   

For someone to as bad as he is at it at his age he will not change. 

2 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

For someone to as bad as he is at it at his age he will not change. 

Both of us hope you’re wrong but it doesn’t look good.   If you’re up ten, but you don’t bleed the clock and launch an erratic three early in the shot clock, you can then just predict the other team will come down and drill a three, and more importantly get confidence and momentum.  It’s ridiculous to do as a senior, as you point out.  

4 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

A bit shocked Green didn’t get a flop warning there. 

Flopping is a plague right now, and worse than it’s ever been.  I’ve seen guys flop when they literally aren’t touched.  They should call T’s or create an equivalent to a flagrant 1 or 2, like a flop 1 or flop 2.

A small part of me doesn’t blame players given how bad officiating is, particularly the habitual and universal problem where referees make calls based on what they anticipate instead of what they see, which often do not mesh.  

Archived