2020 MLB Discussion

5fouls

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

For some reason I see him going to the Red Sox

Yankees would be a better fit...That short porch in right field...Right field in Fenway (beyond the ridiculous "Pesky Pole") is pretty spacious...

There was talk about trading Ted Williams for Joe DiMaggio at one time over the respective fit of each for Yankee Stadium vs Fenway Park...

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Yankees would be a better fit...That short porch in right field...Right field in Fenway (beyond the ridiculous "Pesky Pole") is pretty spacious...

There was talk about trading Ted Williams for Joe DiMaggio at one time over the respective fit of each for Yankee Stadium vs Fenway Park...

Only thing with the Yankees is that with Judge and Staton they have the DH covered

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Only thing with the Yankees is that with Judge and Staton they have the DH covered

Same could be said with JD Martinez and the Red Sox...I know he had an off year, but they have a lot of money tied up in him...

Judge is pretty much the Yanks right fielder when he's healthy, and I'm not sure I'd count on Stanton with his injury history...The Yanks ran Brett Gardner out in LF the most this season, and I'd think Kyle's power numbers would be more attractive than .223/5/15 in that position...

White Sox trade for Lance Lynn. Had to give up Dane Dunning, who has tremendous upside. But a rotation with Keuchal, Giolito, and Lynn at the top is as solid as it gets. They finished 5, 6, and 7 in Cy Young voting this year.

Been lurking on this page for awhile now, look forward to a winter of good discussion with you guys.

5 minutes ago, johnsoniu said:

White Sox trade for Lance Lynn. Had to give up Dane Dunning, who has tremendous upside. But a rotation with Keuchal, Giolito, and Lynn at the top is as solid as it gets. They finished 5, 6, and 7 in Cy Young voting this year.

Been lurking on this page for awhile now, look forward to a winter of good discussion with you guys.

Good get for the White Sox and while Dunning is a great prospect, Lynn has a bargain contract and the Sox are in a "win now" mode...And welcome aboard!

1 hour ago, johnsoniu said:

Glad to have ya with us.  I take it you are a Chisox fan?

47 minutes ago, johnsoniu said:

You would be correct. Ever since the days of Dick Allen (RIP) smoking cigs and juggling balls in the dugout.

Ah, Dick Allen...He of the 40 oz bat, and those killer sideburns...

He had the reputation for some reason of being a clubhouse cancer and a bad teammate, but I read an article not long ago in which a bunch of former teammates, from both the Phillies and White Sox said he was an outstanding teammate...Including Bill Melton and Wilbur Wood...

He's one of those guys from that era (Tony Oliva is another) that deserves a good look for the HoF...

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Ah, Dick Allen...He of the 40 oz bat, and those killer sideburns...

He had the reputation for some reason of being a clubhouse cancer and a bad teammate, but I read an article not long ago in which a bunch of former teammates, from both the Phillies and White Sox said he was an outstanding teammate...Including Bill Melton and Wilbur Wood...

He's one of those guys from that era (Tony Oliva is another) that deserves a good look for the HoF...

I remember Tony Orlando well, great career after baseball.....

12 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

But is he a HoFer?

I say we go to the metrics...😉

Joking aside, I got most of my knowledge about the "old-timers" from Knuxhall during the Reds' broadcasts or banana phones.  Nuxy said Oliva should be in the HoF....If he's good enough for Joe, then he is good enough for me.

Archived