Pre-Game Thread - IU v MD 1/4/19

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Slight error in the article. Maryland hosts Ohio St Tuesday.

Reason I bring that up is Maryland has us today, home with angry Ohio St team on Tuesday and road games at Iowa and at Wisconsin after that. Turgeon is already hearing the drum beats of he needs to be fired. Had 2 transfers last week. 1 point lucky win at home vs Illinois and loss on road to Penn St. All this means if Turgeon and Maryland aren't motivated to go...1-5 to start conference is a real possibility. 

That's why I think they come out blazing today. Just like us kids look at schedules too. Almost must win for Maryland today. 

Hoosiers Looking for the Mental Toughness to Sustain Leads as They Travel to Maryland.

“Just that killer instinct, that ability to keep your foot down and keep the pedal down and keep motoring through.”

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-hoosiers-looking-for-the-mental-toughness-to-sustain-leads-as-they-travel-to-maryland/

2 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Hoosiers Looking for the Mental Toughness to Sustain Leads as They Travel to Maryland.

“Just that killer instinct, that ability to keep your foot down and keep the pedal down and keep motoring through.”

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-hoosiers-looking-for-the-mental-toughness-to-sustain-leads-as-they-travel-to-maryland/

Cowan was big last year, but Bruno Fernando killed us. I remember thinking if only we had some size to combat Fernando and Smith, we'd have won that game. I can't remember how many offensive rebounds MD got, but it was a ton...

Nice to have an early game today.  Huge opportunity here to set the tone for the rest of the season... Always tough to win on the road against a talented team, but this is a game where you’d hope we have a coaching/tactical advantage — Turgeon is a bum.  Have to make sure Cowan doesn’t burn us from deep.

Has there been any word on the status of Phinisee and Hunter for this game?

1 hour ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Nice to have an early game today.  Huge opportunity here to set the tone for the rest of the season... Always tough to win on the road against a talented team, but this is a game where you’d hope we have a coaching/tactical advantage — Turgeon is a bum.  Have to make sure Cowan doesn’t burn us from deep.

Has there been any word on the status of Phinisee and Hunter for this game?

They showed Hunter warming up on the Fox pregame show.  They misidentified him as Al Durham, but it was Hunter. 

Archived