Pre-Game Thread - IU v MD 1/4/19

Noon Easter tip-off on Fox.

Both teams are 11-2. IU has lost the 3 games at MD since they joined the B1G, but all were close games.

MD's 2 losses were away games, at PSU and at Seton Hall.

The teams stack up pretty similarly, Cowan is their engine.

Should be a good game, imo, our guys will come out motivated after that disappointing collapse, and HOPEFULLY Rob will be close to 100% by now. We're going to need him.

13 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Both teams are 11-2. IU has lost the 3 games at MD since they joined the B1G, but all were close games.

Should be a good game, imo, our guys will come out motivated after that disappointing collapse, and HOPEFULLY Rob will be close to 100% by now. We're going to need him.

I have watched Maryland a few times and they seem to always start slow and are down at half but make a late surge for the win.

Maryland- 76

IU 69

Would be a HUGE win, and unsurprising loss. I hope they come out swinging. In reality, De'Ron would be the perfect guy to play during the previous two offensive droughts. He hunts his shot more so than anyone besides Green. But Green falls in love with jumpers when he should be taking it to the hole. 

30 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

We had a 14-point lead in the first half last year and lost by 3 in the second....

Remember that well because we were out for my son's birthday that night and was keeping up with it on my phone.  Tomorrow I probably won't see much of it because I am going to my great nephews  first birthday party.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I have watched Maryland a few times and they seem to always start slow and are down at half but make a late surge for the win.

Maryland- 76

IU 69

Thankfully we haven’t had any trouble holding leads this year. 🙄

In all seriousness, a win tomorrow would be a great jump start to the 2020 portion of the season. It could be a real confidence booster for the guys after a disappointing outing. 

33 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I hope we adjust abs play to our strength and their weakness and not just the same thing we always bring out.  Would like to steal a road win

What does that mean to you? I don't mean that in a condescending way, I'm really asking. 

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Speaking of Rob, what is going on with him?  I’ve been wondering this since the Arkansas game.  He takes over the game against Nebraska on Dec. 13 and dominates the overtime on his way to 16 points.  Then a whole week later on Dec. 21 he has 0 points in 15 minutes against ND.  Then another week after that against Arkansas, he’s in such bad shape that he clangs 2 FTs off the front of the rim and is unplayable down the stretch of a close game?  What’s the deal?  I didn’t hear of any new injury after the Nebraska game, but maybe I missed it.

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

We gotta wait till Easter for our next game?  Not sure that’s very fair 

On Topic we better shorten the bench and play Phinisee more 

4 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Both teams shoot 31% from 3. MD best offense is a missed shot. They only shoot 42% overall, but avg almost 14 offensive boards. Key matchup will be Justin Smith keeping Jalen Smith off the glass. RP needs to be healthy to check Cowan.

MD beat Notre Dame by 21.

I am worried about us playing the big lineup tomorrow because they play Smith then 4 perimeter players

2 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Speaking of Rob, what is going on with him?  I’ve been wondering this since the Arkansas game.  He takes over the game against Nebraska on Dec. 13 and dominates the overtime on his way to 16 points.  Then a whole week later on Dec. 21 he has 0 points in 15 minutes against ND.  Then another week after that against Arkansas, he’s in such bad shape that he clangs 2 FTs off the front of the rim and is unplayable down the stretch of a close game?  What’s the deal?  I didn’t hear of any new injury after the Nebraska game, but maybe I missed it.

Did CAM do a radio show this week?

Guess we find out more info from Fisch around 1130 tomorrow.

Archived