Our offense

33 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I fear JH is not going to pull it together this season - I think this is just something we have to expect unfortunately. Those shots last night were BAD. Even the one that went in was BAD. And Damezi's shot is UGLY. The excuse for him is 'if it goes in, then it goes in'. But guess what? It aint going in! 

...These are our wings right now. And even if the ball moves like it should and shooters are set, I'm still not confident the shots from these guys are going to fall. 

So that leaves us with a line-up of three bigs that clog the middle; which is proving not to be effective OR playing 3 guards, which CAM really hasn't tried yet. Maybe (I'm hoping) this is because of Rob's conditioning. But for those 3 spots I think it's be interesting to see a rotation of Devonte, Al, Armon and Rob. 

Hopefully CAM saw the light yesterday and will follow through on shortening up his rotation. Not having a shooting threat at the 3 that will pull out the defense is just not going to work in Big Ten play. Opposing coaches know EXACTLY how to defend us and if these '3 big lineups' continue I think it will ultimately be our demise. Heck, look at what Northwestern did to us. Northwestern - who's one step above a HS varsity basketball team and starts a lacrosse player! CAM has to live with what we are lacking and modify to make this season salvageable. This may hinder our impressive rebounding numbers, but I think it's a sacrifice he needs to take. 

I really hope Leal can come in next year ready to sink 3's. And let's hope we can get a solid grad or JUCO transfer that can shoot and help with a few minutes at PG. 

Yeah Hunter didn't have a good game -- but 9 minutes. Shooters / wings need playing time. Whether the team plays more of a 3-guard lineup (which imo can be effective, adding Al on the wing would be an improvement imo) and/or we use Hunter and Demez more (both have had games where they contributed on both sides of the ball, and after one game people were raving about Demez's improvement defensively), we need to do something here, the 3 big thing is as you call it.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I fear JH is not going to pull it together this season - I think this is just something we have to expect unfortunately. Those shots last night were BAD. Even the one that went in was BAD. And Damezi's shot is UGLY. The excuse for him is 'if it goes in, then it goes in'. But guess what? It aint going in! 

...These are our wings right now. And even if the ball moves like it should and shooters are set, I'm still not confident the shots from these guys are going to fall. 

So that leaves us with a line-up of three bigs that clog the middle; which is proving not to be effective OR playing 3 guards, which CAM really hasn't tried yet. Maybe (I'm hoping) this is because of Rob's conditioning. But for those 3 spots I think it's be interesting to see a rotation of Devonte, Al, Armon and Rob. 

Hopefully CAM saw the light yesterday and will follow through on shortening up his rotation. Not having a shooting threat at the 3 that will pull out the defense is just not going to work in Big Ten play. Opposing coaches know EXACTLY how to defend us and if these '3 big lineups' continue I think it will ultimately be our demise. Heck, look at what Northwestern did to us. Northwestern - who's one step above a HS varsity basketball team and starts a lacrosse player! CAM has to live with what we are lacking and modify to make this season salvageable. This may hinder our impressive rebounding numbers, but I think it's a sacrifice he needs to take. 

I really hope Leal can come in next year ready to sink 3's. And let's hope we can get a solid grad or JUCO transfer that can shoot and help with a few minutes at PG. 

Our 4 main guards were 3 of 19 from the field last night.  The only saving grace was Al's free throws.  I'm amazed we won with that output.   I'd love a 3 guard lineup but with our guards I'm doubtful it would be better at this point.

Go Hoosiers!!!

1 minute ago, Indy1987 said:

Our 4 guards were 3 of 19 from the field last night.  The only saving grace was Al's free throws.  I'm amazed we won with that output.   I'd love a 3 guard lineup but with our guards I'm doubtful it would be better at this point.

Go Hoosiers!!!

I hear you but it'd also open up some driving lanes and give some room so we can feed the ball more easily in to TJD or Brunk , but we'll never know until he tries it. Of our 4 guards I'd like to see Al at the 3 as he's our best shooter and driver right now. I'm also comfortable with Devonte taking outside shots....as long as his feet are set. 

Archived