Indiana University vs Penn State Pre-Game Thread

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Indykev said:

This PSU team is very good and we will need to play our best to beat them. I'm going with 2 wins this week on the road. This team has turned the corner.

This team has turned the corner. I think we win with a statement game after the disappointing loss to Maryland.The light bulb has finally been turned on. Hoosiers get a HUGE road win and climb to 16-5! 

6 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

We have entered the Twilight Zone in comparing PSU to IU basketball and worse is Rutgers!  I know CAM is trying to change the culture but losing to these two teams is unacceptable.  We are INDIANA and it’s time to show these smaller programs who we are!  

Won’t happen on the road.  This is not your typical PSU team.  They could be a S16 team.  Looks like a double digit beat down.

7 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

We have entered the Twilight Zone in comparing PSU to IU basketball and worse is Rutgers!  I know CAM is trying to change the culture but losing to these two teams is unacceptable.  We are INDIANA and it’s time to show these smaller programs who we are!  

You probably should stop thinking about what PSU and Rutgers were back in the day and see what they are today and that is two good teams.

47 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

No - it's because he fell straight on his tailbone less than a week ago. He is going to need some recovery time. 

Understood.  However the question was why don't they allow kids who are banged up to play anymore ? Hence my answer to the query. 

I just hope the guys come into the game with the mindset to dominate, not just compete.

It's only natural to have a mental let down after Sunday's loss. Archie, or someone mentioned that the guys were pissed in the locker room after the game. Hope they bring that to Happy Valley.

Go Hoosiers!

3 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Understood.  However the question was why don't they allow kids who are banged up to play anymore ? Hence my answer to the query. 

I don't know if you've ever fallen on your tailbone before (especially from that height), but I can't imagine being able to run full speed up and down a basketball court for a little while afterward.

If we didn't have depth, maybe he would have been out there. De'Ron was ready to go.

9 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I don't know if you've ever fallen on your tailbone before (especially from that height), but I can't imagine being able to run full speed up and down a basketball court for a little while afterward.

As a matter of fact. I actually fell on my tail bone in my early 20's. Caused me nearly to pass out. Had to lay down for hours in pain. Went to the doctor the next day. Said I would have to spend the rest of my life with a compressed disk. Spent months in therapy.   And have had back pain the rest of my life.

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

As a matter of fact. I actually fell on my tail bone in my early 20's. Caused me nearly to pass out. Had to lay down for hours in pain. Went to the doctor the next day. Said I would have to spend the rest of my life with a compressed disk. Spent months in therapy.   And have had back pain the rest of my life.

Ouch! Sorry to hear that.

1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Ouch! Sorry to hear that.

Thanks. Fell on an icy concrete sidewalk.Taking trash out after dark.  No one in my apt building to help me.  Crawled back to my apt. Old timers may recall my talking about this on Decker's Hoosier Nation.  At that time there as an associate professor at Michigan State who suffered the same as me. And we kept in touch for years, via PM's. Encouraging each other, and asking for updates.

On 1/27/2020 at 7:50 PM, jefftheref said:

I just hope Curtis Jones doesn't have one of those revenge games and puts in 40 against us! 

Me too! Curtis had tha amazing game against NC wasn’t it, then never really had another one at IU. After he left did he, enjoy some good playing time elsewhere.

On ‎01‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 8:50 PM, jefftheref said:

I just hope Curtis Jones doesn't have one of those revenge games and puts in 40 against us! 

I would love it if after he comes into the game he rips the warm ups off and has IU jersey underneath...switches to our side and nails 4 or 5  3's for us in the win....I mean we have the scholly for him lol!! Ok...so I watched a clip of the old NWO WWF days lol.

Archived