Indiana University vs Penn State Pre-Game Thread

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No offense to any of you, but I’d commit to licking my own ba$$s (if I could) if we win both games on the road this week. PSU is really tough and playing in Columbus is never easy. I’d be thrilled with a split and think that’s possible with the same effort we’ve been getting. No way we win both. Tonight we have to be committed to the interior. TJD or JB should touch it EVERY time. 

2 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Yes, even with the improved effort and intensity, I expect a very difficult week.  I'd guarantee both teams are very focused on defending their home courts and I would not be shocked and only mildly disappointed if IU played hard and still lost both games.

Agree it's going to be very hard to win either game. Both are strong teams especially at home. The home court advantage is clearly strong this season. On the flip side, we are absolutely playing better on both sides of the ball, and we just lost a game we should've won, only because of lack of focus down the stretch. So we may come in particularly focused. Here's to hoping, it's going to take a strong all around game, for the full game, to get the W.

If any of you guys are bettors, Draftkings has a promotion for tonights game. Odds -110 for the total to go Over 51. Max bet is $50. It is basically free money. If you guys don't have an account you can message me and I will send you a refer a friend link, which we will both get rewards for. 

20 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

No offense to any of you, but I’d commit to licking my own ba$$s (if I could) if we win both games on the road this week. PSU is really tough and playing in Columbus is never easy. I’d be thrilled with a split and think that’s possible with the same effort we’ve been getting. No way we win both. Tonight we have to be committed to the interior. TJD or JB should touch it EVERY time. 

You are correct, both games will be very hard to win. But this team is playing well, even with the melt down at the end of the UM game. I have been more negative then most toward this team but I can see it coming together. We may win both, lose both or split. But to think we can't win both is Mike Davis thinking.

2 minutes ago, Indykev said:

You are correct, both games will be very hard to win. But this team is playing well, even with the melt down at the end of the UM game. I have been more negative then most toward this team but I can see it coming together. We may win both, lose both or split. But to think we can't win both is Mike Davis thinking.

For certain, there is a vast difference between agreeing that IU CAN win both games and expecting them to win both games.  I'll bet Vegas has IU as a slight dog in both games unless they spank Penn State tonight.

Just now, FKIM01 said:

For certain, there is a vast difference between agreeing that IU CAN win both games and expecting them to win both games.  I'll bet Vegas has IU as a slight dog in both games unless they spank Penn State tonight.

Oh i agree both will be hard games to win and i'm guessing almost every Big Ten road teams are dogs. I expect us to win every game...😊

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I just can't get a great feel on this one and early I said we would split the next two but lose the PSU game.  I am starting to feel better about tonight's game and think we will win.

IU 75

PSU 71

Another night with a 3-1 or better Assist to TO ratio wouldn't hurt the chances, and perhaps a better job of rebounding the ball starting early in the game tonight. That would likely put them no less than in position to win if they can also make a few shots..

8 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Some of you are really optimistic which is great but I’m settling somewhere in the middle. Don’t get to high or to low. Ranked team on the road...all I can ask for is a chance to win at the end and whatever happens happens after that. 

Like I said I have a hard time getting a feel on this game. Last week I thought we would win both games and predicted them to win both and almost was right.  This week I am having a harder time getting that feeling on these two games.  I still think we will split this week though.

On the subject of Curtis Jones.  I gave him kudos on his game against Michigan. In which he scored 18 points. 17 of which I believe came in the second half.  Which raised his season average to 7.4 ppg with Penn State.

Just want to remind Hoosier fans. That in 40 games with IU.  Curtis never averaged more than 4.0 PPG. 

I like the kid. However, I think we have more to worry about than Curtis Jones going off on IU.

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Like I said I have a hard time getting a feel on this game. Last week I thought we would win both games and predicted them to win both and almost was right.  This week I am having a harder time getting that feeling on these two games.  I still think we will split this week though.

Same here, figured we would win both last week. This week I’m just hoping for a split. But not confident any way. Could see 2-0, 1-1, 0-2... just not confident in any senario. Just hope we play tough inspired basketball like we did last week with a chance to win at the end.. no reason we should get blown out of either game 

43 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I’ll take some of whatever you’ve been drinking.  I think we get pounded tonight. 

Speaking about the game...or just your boys only night out?

I'm sorry..I apologize in advance....I'll take an infraction from the mods....the joke just wrote itself!

Archived