Archies Third Year.

jojo123

59 minutes ago, IUALUM03 said:

1st Year - Incomplete Roster and loss of 75% of scoring.

2nd Year - Injuries Ravaged the Team.  If we had any semblance of consistency for just 10% more the year with no injuries, we make the tourney.

3rd Year - Still on pace to improve record and make tourney is a brutal conference from top to bottom and arguably better than the first two years. 

Please stop it with this crap.  If you can't see the change in type of players coming in and how that will mature along with Archie's coaching ability, then I got nothing.   I know, why don't you call a meeting at the barber shop on main street to question his coaching and campaign for yet another coaching change.  Trust me, it will be a mistake.  Archie is going to be a top notch coach with some more seasons under his belt.

You may very well be correct that he may be a top notch coach.  That doesn't mean it will be at Indiana.  Sometimes a coach just don't fit in a place, and i am not saying he doesnt fit here.  At times there are coaches who just don't do well in their first Power5 conference or ever for that matter.  Doesn't mean they weren't good coaches at the time in whatever environment they came from, whether its Dayton or Butler.

As to the team getting better, you are correct.  The defense has gotten better.  Rebounding i don't know the numbers on.  As for the offense, well that hasn't changed much in 3 years.  The injuries are not his fault and we have had our share and maybe some of others.  But we have to deal with and should have back ups, who although may not be as experienced or talented should still be able to run a D1 offense and have higher than normal basketball IQ.

There are both positive and concerns when looking CAMs tenure at IU.  Its easy for each side to pick from since its equal part encouraging and depressing from game to game.  If we were consistently bad or consistently good, it would actually be better for the fan base.  Instead, we get final 4 caliber play at home sometimes and do we even know what the game of basketball is games on the road.

**BELOW IS NOT TARGETED AT THE QUOTED POSTER**

I mentioned in another thread, be positive, state your case but stop acting like your opinion is the only and its right.  Most of the posters on here (minus the fire CAM guys and the World is butterfies and Unicorns) are educated about baskets to about the same level.  Whether they are optimistic or pessimistic is their right.  As long as everyone posts though out arguments, go with it.  Make your point.  Stand by it.  Defend it.  But stop telling people topics are stupid or childish or flat out wrong.  None of us can see the future and none of us know what tomorrow will bring, so beat your drum and be happy or be depressed, but be polite about everything.

7 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Actually the first year he exceeded expectations finishing 6th in the big ten.  We were picked to finish around 11th that year so he exceeded that prediction.

Did we finish 6th? Where was I? That was pretty good. All I remember from Archie's first year is we got butt kicked by ISU in the first home game. 

57 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

Did we finish 6th? Where was I? That was pretty good. All I remember from Archie's first year is we got butt kicked by ISU in the first home game. 

We did. Just to add some context to that though, only four B1G teams went to the tournament. I believe it was higher than we were picked. 

20 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Sorry does Archie need a safe space or something Mike Davis understood this job comes with expectations not sure why this fanbase doesn’t seem to agree 

I'd doubt any 5'11" 160 pound mildly athletic kid who's ever played, and excelled, in a pretty fair conference like the ACC needs a "safe space."

Of course he knows there are expectations...

He's just not, nor should he be, worried about some overly-emotional fan's expectations...

He'll be fine...

Sorry I triggered you...

17 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Sorry does Archie need a safe space or something Mike Davis understood this job comes with expectations not sure why this fanbase doesn’t seem to agree 

What gives us the right to think we can come on social media and just rip players and coaches every day.  I doubt you have anyone at your work where there are people critiquing your ever move on social media.

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

I'm sorry but CMD should not have been the hire. The whole Knight fire. Was a joke. Mishandled all the way through. I like CMD but it was all done bad. I thought CRK should have been let go in mid  90"s. His and IU could have both been right.  The players should not have the say as WHO the coach is. The PLAYERS need to understand and perform HOW the coach wants them to play. CAM is still trying to get  ALL HIS PLAYERS and CTC PLAYERS TO PLAY HIS WAY. I still believe the injuries caused us not to make the NCCA Tourney last year.  Plus at Penn St. we missed 2 key players  that seemed to made the jump that we have been waiting on.  And in the same sense I am as disappointed in CAM and his staff. But he was not the one who missed 4 or 5 lay ups in the 1st half where I thought we should have been up by 10-15 pts at the half. I was full of SUN SHINE  last week but the dismal 2nd half  makes me wonder? Sorry but CAM  should get TWO MORE YEARS in my opinion. I have not always been right but to complain where we can not change things are bad for our health. Enjoy IU basketball or not. Be HAPPY you will live longer.  PS THE PENN ST. GAME SUCKED but if you can read this you are ALIVE!!!!! Many IU fans aren't.😍

13 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Actually the first year he exceeded expectations finishing 6th in the big ten.  We were picked to finish around 11th that year so he exceeded that prediction.

The first year, every national publication that ranked teams between 1-351 had Indiana projected to be ranked between 46-65. Indiana finished 71st in KenPom. 

On 1/30/2020 at 8:59 PM, 5fouls said:

15-6 is on pace to be far better than 19-16.  I appreciate you starting a thread where we can talk about the team's improvement.  

If we had any belief this team could improve we just might step off the ledge but unfortunately Montana State isn’t coming to Town any time soon, even with all their Mante Teo recruits.

10 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

If we had any belief this team could improve we just might step off the ledge but unfortunately Montana State isn’t coming to Town any time soon, even with all their Mante Teo recruits.

We did bet the first place MSU at home just a week or so ago

Archived