Last third

We have 9 regular season games left. Five home games and 4 road games. I think we need to win at least 4 of our remaining home game and steal at least one road game. To be sure of getting into the tournament. I believe we can do this, but not overly confident that this team can show up in enough of these game games to pull this off. 

1 hour ago, Bob said:

We have 9 regular season games left. Five home games and 4 road games. I think we need to win at least 4 of our remaining home game and steal at least one road game. To be sure of getting into the tournament. I believe we can do this, but not overly confident that this team can show up in enough of these game games to pull this off. 

Why does 1 have to be on road.  We are more likely to sweep at home then we are to win a road game at this point.

i just want to see progress.  if we make the tourney this year, i look at that as progress.  like any other Hoosier fan, i want to move back to a point where that is clearly an expectation every year.  if we make it this year and then are a better seed the next year, we're moving in the right direction.  i'm just hoping that is the case.  to me TJD coming back is a huge piece of that puzzle.  i am with many on the board that the more we can limit DG minutes and work on getting Franklin more experience, i'm all for it.  although i haven't been a big Hunter fan, he is definitely showing encouraging signs, and why not take some minutes away from Smith?  especially in games when Smith doesn't seem to show up.  i just want to see us build around RP, TJD, and Brunk and hope a freshman or two make an immediate impact.  a lot of question marks in there though.

At this point, my expectation is that we have 20 wins on Selection Sunday.  Whether those wins come at home, on the road, or in the Big Ten Tournament doesn’t matter to me.  20 wins will make us a lock for the tournament, and this team has shown that it has more than enough talent to hit that benchmark.  Anything less is a massive failure.

I’m going to be incredibly pissed off if we’re sitting at 19-13 on Selection Sunday, sweating it out.  That may still be enough to get in, but no one will have any right to bitch if they leave us out like they did last year.  Win 20 games... It’s really not that much to ask for.

1 hour ago, FW_Hoosier said:

At this point, my expectation is that we have 20 wins on Selection Sunday.  Whether those wins come at home, on the road, or in the Big Ten Tournament doesn’t matter to me.  20 wins will make us a lock for the tournament, and this team has shown that it has more than enough talent to hit that benchmark.  Anything less is a massive failure.

I’m going to be incredibly pissed off if we’re sitting at 19-13 on Selection Sunday, sweating it out.  That may still be enough to get in, but no one will have any right to bitch if they leave us out like they did last year.  Win 20 games... It’s really not that much to ask for.

Always the NIT

3 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

We are ina bit of trouble then, because @Michigan, @ Minnesota, @ Purdue, and @ Illinois...I have trouble seeing a win out of those.

It's not the worst road grind I could think of.  Michigan isn't amazing.  Minnesota isn't even good but hey have 2 legit ballers.  Purdue is not good but they are disciplined as heck and we don't usually beat teams like them and Wisconsin with slop ball, though that has improved incrementally over the last 3 years.  Illinois, I'm just hoping they are in a tailspin by then.  They have speedsters and remind me of Rutgers but are better in about every position.  And the fact that we are terrible on the road.  Getting one would make me happy.  Two and I think the tide has turned.  Zero is probably the expectation though.  Sadly

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

It's not the worst road grind I could think of.  Michigan isn't amazing.  Minnesota isn't even good but hey have 2 legit ballers.  Purdue is not good but they are disciplined as heck and we don't usually beat teams like them and Wisconsin with slop ball, though that has improved incrementally over the last 3 years.  Illinois, I'm just hoping they are in a tailspin by then.  They have speedsters and remind me of Rutgers but are better in about every position.  And the fact that we are terrible on the road.  Getting one would make me happy.  Two and I think the tide has turned.  Zero is probably the expectation though.  Sadly

Sad thing is, every one of those games are winnable.  It's a mental issue.

4 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Michigan, Minnesota and PU are all winnable.  Only problem is all 3 have their backs against the wall and need to win at home like us.  That said if we just have a halfway decent shooting night we can beat anyone of them.  Let's hope they all fold under pressure.

Go Hoosiers!!!

18 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

Michigan, Minnesota and PU are all winnable.  Only problem is all 3 have their backs against the wall and need to win at home like us.  That said if we just have a halfway decent shooting night we can beat anyone of them.  Let's hope they all fold under pressure.

Go Hoosiers!!!

I think that is the most frustrating thing about this team! If we had half a descent shooting night, I am not talking lights out just in the 40% mark and up we win both these games! 

2 hours ago, Bob said:

I think that is the most frustrating thing about this team! If we had half a descent shooting night, I am not talking lights out just in the 40% mark and up we win both these games! 

Exactly.  Its beyond frustrating to see shots clanking off the rim or missing everything altogether.

Go Hoosiers!!!

3 hours ago, Indy1987 said:

Go Hoosiers!!!

Purdue on the road is not winnable. They play like the Monstars in Mackey Arena. 

12 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Purdue on the road is not winnable. They play like the Monstars in Mackey Arena. 

Sure it is.  This ain't your typical Boilermaker team.  They've already lost 2 in Mackey this year(Texas and Illinois).   And it's the team that put up a whopping 37 pts against Illinois a month ago.   

The way we play on the road I doubt we do win.  PU is not a tournament team though so we shouldn't be scared.

Go Hoosiers!!!

Archived