2023 NFL Discussion

rico

24 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

This is why I’m not convinced Houston will take a QB.  Everyone assumes they will, but if Carter is the next Warren Sapp or Aaron Donald that may just be too difficult to pass up.

Does Casserio have enough job security to tank another season?

And what if they end up with the 3rd pick in 2024 and miss out on Williams and Maye ? 

47 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Do you not like Goff? Idk. They are young in the WRs.. I'd keep him and take other dudes. 

Goffs OK. He’s the QB equivalent to the Colts roster. Not bad, but not going deep in the playoffs probably. 

I’m sure Dan Campbell wants to stick with him and use those picks elsewhere.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

Goffs OK. He’s the QB equivalent to the Colts roster. Not bad, but not going deep in the playoffs probably. 

I’m sure Dan Campbell wants to stick with him and use those picks elsewhere.

He's QB'ed in a super bowl and an NFC championship already.

He's been a top 8-10 QB this season. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Derek Carr is going to be out there.  If you paired him in the right situation he can succeed IMO.  Maybe the Jets go after him.  They are stealthily ascending.  

There's a decent number of vet QBs who could become available either via trade or free agency. 

7 hours ago, btownqb said:

He's QB'ed in a super bowl and an NFC championship already.

He's been a top 8-10 QB this season. 

He reminds me of Kirk Cousins. Not going to make a lot of off script plays like Mahomes and Allen. If he isn’t pressured will carve you up because he is pretty accurate. Win with him…just make sure you can keep him in the pocket and clean jersey. He’d get killed in our offense as he doesn’t play well when he is moved off his spot or under pressure. 

Edited by dgambill

1 minute ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Irsay needs to send a blank check to Harbaugh. 

I’m not a big Harbaugh guy (in regards to NFL). He has been successful but seams better at leading younger men but not sure how his leadership style works with grown men in the NFL. Could easily wear thin.

10 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I’m not a big Harbaugh guy (in regards to NFL). He has been successful but seams better at leading younger men but not sure how his leadership style works with grown men in the NFL. Could easily wear thin.

He was 44-19-1 with SF, taking over an underachieving 5-10 team with some talent (sound familiar?). Specialty was building a physical offensive line and running game. I think that still works in the NFL. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

If I’m the Lions, I take defense with the Rams pick and potentially taking a QB with their pick that can sit behind Goff. But it would strongly depend on who is available there. 

I just continue to load up on defense. Perhaps look at one of these young qbs that gets given up on early like Wilson etcand see if they can develop behind him and just see how it goes next year. If Goff regresses you can just package a bunch of picks by then because you should have a talent rich roster and move up in 24. So in first couple rounds I invest in a pass rusher opposite Hutchinson and more secondary help.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

He was 44-19-1 with SF, taking over an underachieving 5-10 team with some talent (sound familiar?). Specialty was building a physical offensive line and running game. I think that still works in the NFL. 

So why did he get fired? He is a very abrasive personality…maybe that still works in NFL….would take the right franchise…hard to see us changing from the super soft spoken franchise with Dungy, Caldwell, Pagano, and Reich…we have a type for sure.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

So why did he get fired? He is a very abrasive personality…maybe that still works in NFL….would take the right franchise…hard to see us changing from the super soft spoken franchise with Dungy, Caldwell, Pagano, and Reich…we have a type for sure.

Maybe it is time to change the personality of this franchise. We have been known as a soft and finesse to long and it time to get some nastiness to this team.

7 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Derek Carr is going to be out there.  If you paired him in the right situation he can succeed IMO.  Maybe the Jets go after him.  They are stealthily ascending.  

He is in a good situation now…but I can’t believe McDaniels isn’t patient to give him another year to get comfortable in his system. System changes even for great qbs take time…he isn’t great but he is certainly talented enough to win with. My issue would be we too would have to be patient with him and I don’t think the fans are ready to go through that with another veteran qb. They would with a young kid but they would quickly grow restless with a veteran seem as the quick fix.

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Maybe it is time to change the personality of this franchise. We have been known as a soft and finesse to long and it time to get some nastiness to this team.

Reminds me of when Rick Carlisle was winning 50+ games per year in Dallas and there were reports he couldn’t get along with people in the office. Charles Barkley said, “who cares about the people in the office?”

• Like 1