2023 NFL Discussion

rico

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Luke Getsy fired. Amen...and if I were guessing it means Fields is probably gone unless they want him to have his 3rd OC in 4 years.

They really should have just cleaned house completely with the coaches. Getsy and his staff definitely needed to go, but getting a top flight OC to come along for this ride with a lame duck head coach seems challenging.

I have no idea what the move with Fields is now. Whatever you think makes the most sense, expect the Bears to do the opposite, that is the best bet. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bronkonagurski said:

They really should have just cleaned house completely with the coaches. Getsy and his staff definitely needed to go, but getting a top flight OC to come along for this ride with a lame duck head coach seems challenging.

I have no idea what the move with Fields is now. Whatever you think makes the most sense, expect the Bears to do the opposite, that is the best bet. 

Understand because of our history never matching up the HC/QB/OC/GM,etc...something is always missing and never aligned.

Few early names to consider might be Pep Hamilton. Worked with Luck/Herbert. Kliff Kingsbury if they go the Caleb Williams route. Shoot maybe even Frank Reich. 

Edited by Seeking6

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Luke Getsy fired. Amen...and if I were guessing it means Fields is probably gone unless they want him to have his 3rd OC in 4 years.

If the Bears are going to go with drafting Williams they should just fired the whole staff. Why draft a young QB with a coach on the hot seat to only fire that coach in a year. That has been the Bears problem is that they bring in young QB's and have them go through numerous coaching changes.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Understand because of our history never matching up the HC/QB/OC/GM,etc...something is always missing and never aligned.

Few early names to consider might be Pep Hamilton. Worked with Luck/Herbert. Kliff Kingsbury if they go the Caleb Williams route. Shoot maybe even Frank Reich. 

You don't want Pep Hamilton 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If the Bears are going to go with drafting Williams they should just fired the whole staff. Why draft a young QB with a coach on the hot seat to only fire that coach in a year. That has been the Bears problem is that they bring in young QB's and have them go through numerous coaching changes.

Yep. Dating back 13 years we've never been in sync. Problem is our GM hired Flus and I  don't think he was going to get rid of him after how the team honestly improved over the second half. Still have to decide the right move at QB.

• Like 1

I think we are seeing some of these philosophical changes shift in football. From Tennessee, New England, and now Tennessee. Running the ball and Defense can't be foundation of title winning teams in recent years and moving forward.

Yes. I know San Fran runs the ball but they run to open up the pass and that's a big difference between what they, Rams, Lions, Dolphins and others do vs organizations like Tennessee, New England, Seattle,etc...